[D7, LM] Honestly I Liked the Rain (Open)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D7, LM] Honestly I Liked the Rain (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Hikimasu's day begung with training, and then playing music with Emiko. He still couldn't believe he'd been allowed to do that. If he could put that moment in a box and keep it just how it was forever, he was convinced he could return to it every day to deal with whatever he was facing.

But such are the thoughts of young men thinking of beautiful women they are interested in.

Scorpion cynicism eventually took hold, reality, pragmatism, the weakness of humans, these were things he could never really drop from his mind, no matter how compassionate he was toward Utaku Kheree, or how heart-flutteringly bashful he felt with Usogawa Emiko, or how reminded he was of the exciting qualities of Scorpion women by Kaikoga Koi.

Not to mention the very frustration of the heavens given the form of Seppun Unsei.

Despite all of that, he still had to make choices, pursue what was most likely to work to his advantage, and somehow seal such a deal, making any of them think it was the best choice any of them could hope for. Yet even his deluded cynicism could see the problems he had in any of those vetures. Hikimasu had things to offer that society found reasonable. A home, a duty, servants, value to his lord he would inherit from his father, horses and an adorable little sister. Yet he was also...very lacking in other ways.

If you asked him anything about the Otter's feelings for him, he would say she liked him just fine, but wouldn't put it much further. The Moth was looking for something, and he fit an acceptable amount of her criteria, which didn't mean much to his confidence. The Unicorn...that was a complicated bag. She wanted to tease, but had been so vulnerable the other day, and he was fairly certain she preferred women if given a choice.

He thought it a real shame Narumi didn't seem to be interested in him, he honestly thought they would be a good couple. Perhaps not husband and wife, but if they'd met a year or two ago, it would be fondness to look back on at least, he supposed.

It would get warm again soon, perhaps even hot, and the rain might not come back. He preferred wet weather for this kind of thinking, but things chance and he had to adjust as well. So he stayed there, on the wall, overlooking the woods, weighing his options.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shika Nesshin

Re: [D7, LM] Honestly I Liked the Rain (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:31 pm

Nesshin, out walking, happens upon the pensive Scorpion in relatively short order.

Pretty sure he's not following me this time, the Deer thinks, unless he made a damned lucky guess.

But he stops short and hails the other man, not wanting to give even the appearance of sneaking up. Time enough for that another time.

"I trust you've eaten," he says, conventionally.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:37 pm

"Indeed so", he said as he turned toward the Shika and bowed. Everything he was thinking got put on hold.

Mostly likely.

"Shika Nesshin-san, good morning. Your collaboration went well, I'm pleased for you."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:54 pm

Nesshin smiles. "Thank you!" he says, clearly pleased--and why not? It did go well. "And you got off to a good start, as well--and with quite the partner!"
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:05 pm

"Usogawa-san is rather something, isn't she?" He wasn't really asking. "How have your fortunes turned these last days since we spoke?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:09 pm

"She is," Nesshin agrees, "although it's true of many here. As I've had the good fortune to find out.

"And things go well for you, I hope, as well. I'd like to think that we leave this event with a better mutual understanding, moving toward amity. But then," he adds, "the smaller Clans have to hope for such things."

D11+, has a second fan.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:29 pm

He looked thoughtful of the Shika's words. "Perhaps you could explain more of what you mean." He didn't want to assume something foolish and admitted he was at a loss for what Nesshin was really trying to say.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:32 pm

"Plainly, then," Nesshin says, "I've enjoyed the intimate company of several here, and the younger Clans hope always for peace among the older, as the latter tend to move in force when there is not peace.

"I rather like this place and wouldn't want harm to come to it."

D11+, has a second fan.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:46 pm

Well, true...the Crane are trying to involve the Shika in their war for some clearly foolish reason.

"This place is a commodity to most of the great clans", he said without holding much back. "Sadly, the greatest danger to it's demise in the game of politics and war is displeasing the Imperial court at the wrong time." He shook his head at that. "They don't see your lives, or your cares, there's nothing benevolent about their decisions regarding them, simply what can be spent for gain." he gestured back toward the castle. "I think there is where you might point your concerns. The Scorpion have watched the Crane and Lion fight for a thousand years now. What does it mean to say this to me?"

He wasn't balking at Nesshin, but he surely was not going to act softly toward the matter.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:51 pm

Nesshin shrugs. Neither he nor his player have a good answer at the moment.

But quiet company isn't a bad thing to have, either.

D11+, has a second fan.