[D2LA] In search of errant wildlife (open)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Usogawa Narumi

[D2LA] In search of errant wildlife (open)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:43 pm

Her mind somewhat troubled, Narumi was in search of clearing her thoughts. And what better than being out in the light rain, exploring the walls of Kyuden Shika, keeping a keen lookout for anything of interest. She hopes to find something new, something she has not seen before, to bring her mind at ease.
There was just something about the act of exploring where she had not been that settled the Otter-- when she had been so many places, it was surely a delight to see somewhere new, and this somewhat dreary day with it's slowly darkening clouds, well, it was her favourite type of weather, truth be told. She grew up on the water, after all, and an overcast but non-threatening day made for good sailing. Narumi didn't like storms, and neither did she like brilliantly hot and sunny weather. She found both too stressful to be of any comfort. But this? This was just perfect.
And so the otter explored, letting her hand drift along the wall in places, feeling the stones beneath her fingerpads, and kept an eye out for anything that might strike her fancy.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsuki Edogawa

Re: [D2LA] In search of errant wildlife (open)

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:57 pm

Edogawa didn't think of himself as an explorer, he just liked to study new things, learn new things. Kyuden Shika was new to him. The walls were different than Shiro Kitsuki. No doubt this was due to the different materials available in the area and the aesthetic preferences of the engineers who built them and how defensible they needed to be. They were still just walls, of course, but things could be learned from them.
Dragon Clan 🐉 Investigator 🐉 Courtier 🐉 Bushi 🐉 Gamer 🐉 Curious 🐉 Softhearted 🐉 Observant 🐉 Wise 🐉 Doom Whispered
Honor: 54 | Glory: 51 | Status: 30

Carries: Ceremonial Clothes, Wakizashi, Knife, Yo-Yo, Journal

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:15 am

Raizo, fresh off of ordering a present, was taking a stroll to clear his head- away from the manicured gardens. Looking for something a bit less controlled.

So he drifted through the woods near the walls.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:27 pm

So focused was she, she nearly walked right into the Dragon. Blustering at the last moment, Narumi did not guard against a crooked but very friendly smile that appeared.
"Oh! Dragon-san, you startled me!" she put a hand to her chest to steady her heart rate. "Have you had your rice today? I am called Usogawa Narumi," she smiled again, and then spotted her Phoenix friend...
"Ah, Shiba-san. The weather matches your disposition, and I find both equally charming," the smile grew. "Have you two met?"

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:47 pm

"I have." he smiled and offered a bow to both of them. "I am Kitsuki Edogawa."
Dragon Clan 🐉 Investigator 🐉 Courtier 🐉 Bushi 🐉 Gamer 🐉 Curious 🐉 Softhearted 🐉 Observant 🐉 Wise 🐉 Doom Whispered

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:49 pm

He returned the Dragon's greeting.

"Shiba Raizo."

Then he smiled at the Otter.

"Good to see you again- and not all that surprised to see you out here."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:29 pm

Narumi gave the Kitsuki an award-winning smile. To Shiba-san, she shrugs lightly. "I couldn't help myself, really. It called to me, being out here, seeing what there was to see. After this morning, any reprieve is a good one, neh?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:32 pm

"I actually didn't find the interview that bad."

He gave an evil grin.

"I may, after all, have bored the poor dear almost as much as I bored myself..."
Remember to Breathe

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:09 am

"I wonder if that has ever actually been an issue." The Dragon mused. "After a while, listening must take a toll."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:15 am

Smirking at the Shiba, Narumi shook her head. "I find that doubtful."
To the Dragon, "While miais arent exactly our forte, my aunt and I find interviews such as we experienced today to be quite telling. As such, perhaps I went into this one being prepared on what to expect, and performed admirably," she chuffed a little.