(D2, EM) Cutting Waterdrops (Open)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Yuzu

(D2, EM) Cutting Waterdrops (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:31 am

Once again the young Seppun goes outside the castle walls to train his secret Palace Guard technique. Good thing he could use the rain drops as imaginary enemies.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kaikoga Fujiko

Re: (D2, EM) Cutting Waterdrops (Open)

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:16 pm

Fujiko's carriage had ridden without stopping, trying to make up for the lost time. Her sickness had acted up and stopped her from leaving the day before, leading to Koi leaving without her. Again, she thought bitterly. Finally, after an uncomfortable but thankfully uneventful night on the road, she could finally see the grandiose walls of the castle appearing in the distance, and getting closer by the second.

As it stood, while she'd missed the first day of the miai, she should arrive just in time for the second.

Yes, that was what she'd thought before being intercepted by an overly motivated guard who refused to believe someone would arrive on the second day. She could hear her driver losing patience, and decided she had to do something before the situation got worse.

"But... what are we supposed to do to prove that we really are here for the miai?" she finally timidly asked, leaning out.
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:29 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:16 pm
Fujiko's carriage had ridden without stopping, trying to make up for the lost time. Her sickness had acted up and stopped her from leaving the day before, leading to Koi leaving without her. Again, she thought bitterly. Finally, after an uncomfortable but thankfully uneventful night on the road, she could finally see the grandiose walls of the castle appearing in the distance, and getting closer by the second.

As it stood, while she'd missed the first day of the miai, she should arrive just in time for the second.

Yes, that was what she'd thought before being intercepted by an overly motivated guard who refused to believe someone would arrive on the second day. She could hear her driver losing patience, and decided she had to do something before the situation got worse.

"But... what are we supposed to do to prove that we really are here for the miai?" she finally timidly asked, leaning out.
Boy, these moth people sure were trouble. Seemed kinda arrogant too.

"Well, let's go over your travel papers again. Which village did you stay an extra day in again...Kaikoga-san....?" the guard asked.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:42 pm

Koi had a long night, her mind was buzzing with all sorts of very complex issues ranging from the spirit research, her visions, her emotional complex feelings for people, being sold off to make the clan happier, her Mother and...just Kami it was alot.

She had a short spell in the morning to do some light fishing to perhaps release some stress, crossing out of the Walls to head towards her fishing spot with her line thrown over her shoulder and an umbrella in the other. .

She was about to walk by noticing the carriage expecting yet another Crane until she hears a familiar voice that causes her head to tilt before she recognised the second voice. "Seven Thunders!" Koi exclaimed under her breath, rolling her eyes and giving up on the idea of fishing this morning.

"Shika-sama - Good morning! I hope you are well." She looked into the carriage and acted surprise. "Ho ho, is that my little cousin in there? Fu-chan?" She beamed. "I know your voice anywhere!"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:51 pm

The young lordling facepalms in frustration as –– once again –– in the middle of the rain and outside of the castle walls, he gets interrupted with people around when he's about to train his secret Miharu technique. The one used to protect the Emperor himself.

With a deep sigh, he locks his eyes on the incoming travel troupe and approaches. He sees guards chatting and, as one should expect, trouble appears. Yes. Trouble with a Family name.

Yuzu comes near to guard, but far from Koi, and awaits the proper time to see who arrived. Fu-chan wasn't a good name, as far as history tells.
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:02 pm

"We stopped at Furui no Sato on the way there. Listen, everything's in the papers there, we even have the invitation. Could we please get in? I don't want to miss a second day..." Fujiko whined.

Then, as if coming down from the heaven, conjured by her pleas, an answer to her suffering came in the shape of a beautiful woman. Fujiko was quite surprised at that, as that woman usually left rather than came, without even warning her or even telling her when she would be back, which was frankly unfair and even mean.

"Koi-nee-sama," she breathed out. "The guard doesn't believe me when I say I'm here for the miai..."

She would need to leave her complaints for later because there sadly was a more imminent issue.

Hopefully her cousin wouldn't abandon her again without warning. This time.
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:58 pm

She sent a glance to her cousin. "It's okay Fu-chan, I will see what I can do. I had a similar discussion with this guard the other day, I hope we can get you in. You must be so terribly poorly from all that riding here."

Sure, she got a carriage. Bitch.

D2 EM: Persuading the Guard to not be a dick. Air/Courtesy. Distinction. Tn 2. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Opportunity to negate Strife.

Koi tutted in disappointment for a second time the guard seemed to just be the most annoying prick this far south. First, he kept staring at her and frowns.

"Shika-san, this is my cousin Kaikoga Fujiko the daughter of my Lord Kaikoga Aki. I shall vouch for that on my honour that I know this woman, and the land she comes from otherwise I can fetch Pei-Pei-sama and perhaps see if that can resolve this matter? I don't want to interrupt anymore of your time, as you have been quite vigilant over my stay so far, nay??" Koi explained, her voice revealing very little but her voice said otherwise.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:56 pm

Yuzu, being a gate guard himself back at the Imperial Palace while training, frowns at situation. He got scolded quite a bunch of times by people who used their status to bully others. This was just a good, normal request.
DescriptionTheme

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:08 am

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:58 pm
She sent a glance to her cousin. "It's okay Fu-chan, I will see what I can do. I had a similar discussion with this guard the other day, I hope we can get you in. You must be so terribly poorly from all that riding here."

Sure, she got a carriage. Bitch.

D2 EM: Persuading the Guard to not be a dick. Air/Courtesy. Distinction. Tn 2. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Opportunity to negate Strife.

Koi tutted in disappointment for a second time the guard seemed to just be the most annoying prick this far south. First, he kept staring at her and frowns.

"Shika-san, this is my cousin Kaikoga Fujiko the daughter of my Lord Kaikoga Aki. I shall vouch for that on my honour that I know this woman, and the land she comes from otherwise I can fetch Pei-Pei-sama and perhaps see if that can resolve this matter? I don't want to interrupt anymore of your time, as you have been quite vigilant over my stay so far, nay??" Koi explained, her voice revealing very little but her voice said otherwise.
The guard frowns at the Moth's tone.

"If you're willing to be responsible for your cousin, I see no reason not to admit her.....Kaikoga-san." the guard relented.

He waved the driver through, though he would be adding this to his report when he was relieved.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:49 am

Koi bowed her head. "Of course I do, she is my family and has always been good in all the years I have known her, right Fu-chan?" She chirped, and smiled.

"Perhaps, we let the heimin bring your stuff into the Inn and we catch up with a small walk? Stretch those legs of your, ney?" She said warmly.

She glanced at the guard once more, and said softly. "I genuinely wish you have a good day Shika-san, your clan are very kind hosts and have been nothing but hospitable. Thank you." Koi meant it as much as her loathing for this one very specific guard she did mean it.