[Day 0, Mid-Evening] Outrunning Yourself (Open)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 0, Mid-Evening] Outrunning Yourself (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:30 pm

He shrugged.

"Not as such, but the Fortunes are clearly having their fun."

An apparent non-sequiter, then-

"Have you ever met a Centipede?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:36 pm

Akihiro wondered if calling out Tengoku like that would go so well but the Shiba seemed ok with it. "As you say...and yes. I assume you are talking about the Moshi of Amaterasu Seido? I have met two, a young woman and her yojimbo. Both were pleasant."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:47 am

"The one I met today is clearly out of her mind. Which fits about half of the interactions I've had since my arrival. If I thought everyone was insane, the problem would most likely be me, but when it's simply a high percentage..."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:05 pm

"Clearly out of her mind? That is rather serious. Would you say she was a danger?" Akihiro furrowed his brows.

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:43 pm

"To the peace of mind of anyone who deals with her? Absolutely. Physically... a bit harder to call."
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:32 pm

"I see. So she is difficult to speak to, but not violent?" Akihiro realized belatedly that the Shiba was being hyperbolic. He had assumed the stoic exterior was less prone to flights of fancy.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:35 pm

"Not so far as I can tell. But... ill-chosen words can create a great deal of violence in our society, Kakita-san."
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:21 pm

"Certainly, but mostly to those who speak those words. How has Moshi-san offended you? Do you need a duelist?" He looked at the Shiba's daisho and shrugged. "I gather you are a bushi so I wouldn't want to offend you further."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:28 pm

"Oh, I'm pretty hard to offend on the finer points of etiquette, and the daffy actions of one unbalanced young woman are hardly worth the air it takes to discuss them... except in a situation where samurai are being paired up."
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:07 am

"Did she make advances upon you? You fear she might wish to join you in matrimonial bliss?" Akihiro said with a raised eyebrow.