[Day 0, Mid-Evening] Outrunning Yourself (Open)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shiba Raizo

[Day 0, Mid-Evening] Outrunning Yourself (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:24 am

You didn't need to be particularly brilliant to note the pounded track around the outside of the walls.

So Raizo took a turn at it.

Not in full armor, nothing so.... thorough.

But after a day in which his brain had been tested well beyond its usual limits, it did him good to let his body off of the leash, so to speak.

And thus he began a series of laps around the Kyuden.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Re: [Day 0, Mid-Evening] Outrunning Yourself (Open)

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:07 pm

Akihiro came in a green and blue striped kimono set to observe the beautiful forest in the twilight. He sat down on a large flat rock and pulled his arms around his knees to take in the trees. The Aokami forest was one of the most wonderful forests in the entire Empire, filled with beauty, mystery, and only enough danger to excite. Definitely nothing like the Shinomen Mori. Akihiro shuddered and made a symbol in the air to ward off bad luck.

The Shiba running around the outside of the city walls was unexpected. The Kakita finished gazing at the light straining through the leaves to greet this runner. "Fortune's Blessings Shiba-san."

A bow towards the likely still moving figure.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:44 pm

The Phoenix slowed down a bit, pulling to a stop as he processed being acknowledged.

Crane Colors.
Mask like Scorpion.
Of course. Nothing here makes sense, why start now?

Kakita mon. Let's go with that.

"Evening, Kakita-san. What brings you out here? This one is Shiba Raizo, and I like to think my reason for being outside of the Kyuden is a bit obvious."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:11 am

"Well met Shiba-san. I was watching the beauty of the forest as the light dims in the distance. The trees are more lively with wind and star than any in my homelands. Their performance, their dance, it is an inspiration, a moving moment, a beautiful vision." Akihiro said before laughing to himself. "Well, I went on a little too far there. Suffice it to say that I find the Aokami forest one the best in the Empire. And I know forests."

"But enough pontificating on arboreal design. Shiba-san was getting a little exercise in before the night begins?"

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:54 am

"A little exercise, and a little... normalcy. The day has been one of... adjustments."
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:49 pm

"Adjustment to the new location and requirements of the candidate match?" Akihiro asked with a polite expression of interest.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:57 pm

"More or less. In point of fact, not sure how one prepares for a candidate match beyond remembering basic etiquette and dressing slightly better, but then again, I'm new to this."
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:57 am

"I suspect you have the right of it Shiba-san. Our hosts might know more but I am not going to ask how one gets married without giving them an opportunity to tell me first."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:00 am

Raizo sighed.

"Based on some of the... interactions I've had thus far, I begin to fear I'm being set up as part of some sort of elaborate joke."
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Akihiro narrowed his eyes in the Shiba's direction. "Are you accusing the Shika of dishonorable conduct with regards to your matchmaking?"