(D0, EM) Trouble at the Gates

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Susaki Tanabe

Re: (D0, EM) Trouble at the Gates

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 am

"Well if he would learn to act right I wouldn't have to send him overboard to clear his head so often." He said matter of factly.

At her comment he laughed fully with a warmth to it "No Mimi-chan you know confidence has never been my issue! I simply think for an event like this a beautiful woman one day to be head of the clan is a bit better of a prospect than a overgrown yojimbo obsessed with a court sport." He finished with another laugh.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:34 am

"Wouldn't you?" Emiko asked with an amused expression "I think you enjoy it."

She paused, before adding "and hai I understand my prospects are better, however I'll fight to ensure you get the best match possible too. I hope they'll join the Otter, I would be very sad to see you leave."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:32 pm

He held his large hand up index and thumb almost touching but not quite "maybe just a little enjoyment." He said laughing "but it is mostly duty. Wouldn't do to have some of the things he does and says go unanswered, might make even rowdier people more bold." He said as he flashed a grin to her.

As she continued he gave her a reassuring smile "maybe if your father commands it but otherwise......we'd better hope I match with another minor clanner." He said in a more somber but still fairly upbeat tone. Even Tanabe, who really isn't a fan of politics or the game, understands enough to know that he isn't important enough to pull down a great clan samurai the way Emiko would.
Last edited by Susaki Tanabe on Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:34 am

"And that's why I have the best Yojimbo. You could throw a Hida overboard!" Emiko said with a laugh before nodding "and hai, I understand. I do hope however that you can impress but remain. If not, we'll always be friends ne? I'll write to you a lot. Likely too much, so forgive me for the mountain of paper in your future."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 am

He laughed deeply at that "Of course we'll always be friends Mimi-chan. You think you can get rid of me that easy? Heck I'll even come back and visit the ferries when I can, no matter what happened I'll always be an Otter at heart." He said with a bright smile. "Oh but if you expect me to write back be ready for really really bad handwriting!" He jokes

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:22 am

"Were you skipping on my mothers lessons again?" Emiko said teasingly with a grin "even if your writing isn't perfect, I'll still read it. I know the clan will also welcome you with open arms whenever you visit, so you'll never be a stranger to us."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:57 pm

Tanabe sighed "but writing is just so boring. And your mother is a very strict teacher, she would put some of my sumai instructors to shame honestly."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:20 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:17 am
Hikimasu took his papers back and led Yūdiana past the guard. If the Crane wanted to vouch for a Mantis, he'd let her.
Meanwhile, having successfully navigated the guard post, Shosuro Hikimaru was walking along and minding his own business. When suddenly, he wassubjected to a vicious surprise attack! The projectile whistled through the air directly for the back of the unsuspecting Scorpion's head!

*Bonk!* went the kemari ball against the Scorpion, before tumbling to a rest at his feet.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:34 pm

I see we're starting off about normal.

He wondered if his unit had followed him here, Hikimasu-backstop was a traditional game at Nihai Tower.

Yūdaina sniffed the ball, but the Scorpion snatched up before his friend could seek vengeance on it with horsey teeth.

Then he looked around.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:41 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:34 pm
I see we're starting off about normal.

He wondered if his unit had followed him here, Hikimasu-backstop was a traditional game at Nihai Tower.

Yūdaina sniffed the ball, but the Scorpion snatched up before his friend could seek vengeance on it with horsey teeth.

Then he looked around.
A small boy wearing deer clan colors and whose age was likely in the single digits cautiously approached.

"Um...samurai-sama." he said trying to get the words right. "Can we....I have our...my ball back?"
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind