(D0, EM) Trouble at the Gates

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Hiroto

Re: (D0, EM) Trouble at the Gates

Post by Hiroto » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:46 am

Hiroto still had a pretty good anger boiling within him, and reminding him of the Kakita Dueling Academy and that even a blind Crane could likely outduel him was not bringing it down.

"So, why did you pursue it then?" he said a bit curtly, but it at least gave the Kakita the opening she needed to press on if she could spin it.
Mantis Clan * Golden Mirror * Miai Candidate

"I will not be slighted, set aside, and mocked!"

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 am

Hiroto wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:46 am
Hiroto still had a pretty good anger boiling within him, and reminding him of the Kakita Dueling Academy and that even a blind Crane could likely outduel him was not bringing it down.

"So, why did you pursue it then?" he said a bit curtly, but it at least gave the Kakita the opening she needed to press on if she could spin it.
"Because I was determined. And because I had a friend who encouraged me. But I only succeeded in convincing people after I took the time to stop being angry and think how I might convince others to see past the blindness."

Sakura tilts her head, smiling softly. "It was hard. It took a great deal of effort being able to show potential that could not be ignored. I have not reached the end of that path yet, in fact. I will likely always encounter people who dismiss me as a blind woman... but anger at them, displaying that anger, only makes it easier to be dismissed."
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Hiroto

Post by Hiroto » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 am

"Because I was determined. And because I had a friend who encouraged me. But I only succeeded in convincing people after I took the time to stop being angry and think how I might convince others to see past the blindness."

Sakura tilts her head, smiling softly. "It was hard. It took a great deal of effort being able to show potential that could not be ignored. I have not reached the end of that path yet, in fact. I will likely always encounter people who dismiss me as a blind woman... but anger at them, displaying that anger, only makes it easier to be dismissed."
Hiroto took a breath.

"Kakita-san, you have my thanks for the aid you've given me today." he finally replied. "However, I've taken up far too much of your time. And I have things to attend to as well. Let us speak later if our schedules allow for it."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:05 am

Hiroto wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 am
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 am

Hiroto took a breath.

"Kakita-san, you have my thanks for the aid you've given me today." he finally replied. "However, I've taken up far too much of your time. And I have things to attend to as well. Let us speak later if our schedules allow for it."
Sakura nods. She didn't expect Horito to accept her point right away... and pressing it would not be helpful now. "Of course, Hiroto-san. I will not keep you- and I hope you enjoy your day."
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Hiroto

Post by Hiroto » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:30 am

And off Hiroto stalked, fortunes only knew to where.

/exit

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:27 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:56 pm
As Emiko was drawn forward in line a large Otter that had been standing with her comes up as well "The privileges of position eh Emiko-sama?" He said with a small grin looking down to the much smaller girl.
"At least it helped you also" Emiko replied with a nod, smiling up at the bigger man "I was quite content to wait until that guard noticed me and knew who I was. I hope it wasn't become a continous occurant though, I'd like to be able to marry someone who is both nice and good for the clan, not just focused on my future position.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 pm

He smiled a bit broad "yes of course, being near you has many benefits Mi- Emiko-sama!" He said almost slipping into a rather affectionate name for her but figuring this wasn't the place.

"I'm sure you'll have better odds at it than I." He said with a laugh "you're pretty and talented I'm guessing you'll have your pick of the litter!"
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:44 pm

"I heard that Tan-tan~" Emiko said in a bit of a sing-song voice because laughing.

"I think you underestimate yourself. I believe you're one of the most wonderful and nice people I've known. You kept me safe from people, creatures, and the odd stone or five."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:08 pm

The big Otter stuck his tongue out at her briefly before giving a full laugh "Yes well in all honesty you're the most dangerous thing around you most of the time. Besides throwing people and such off the ferry is great practice for sumai!"

He smiled down at her with a warmth in his eyes "but your confidence is appreciated Mimi." He replied a bit quieter than his usual booming base.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:32 pm

"You really should be more careful with that, I know Haru-sama often deserves it but you nearly threw him to the shore last time. He's not young anymore" Emiko shook her head "if you throw him a few more times I think even I'd be able to beat him."

She looked up at the man after a few moments, warmth in her eyes.

"I'll be confident for both of us, like you're the balance for both of us."