(D13, EM) Seeing Through

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Yuzu

(D13, EM) Seeing Through

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:14 pm

The young Seppun goes out to train once again. This time though, he has a frown in his face after receiving a rather hostile letter. Happily Lady Sun was once again blessing him with the light that sees through darkness.. and lies.

He also has a mirror nearby the onigiri he set in a cloth at the floor, as if for a picnic. Then, he begins to train his strikes, as nothing could move him away from completing his duty.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: (D13, EM) Seeing Through

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:39 pm

The Kaito was in training clothes as the lady of the Water Dragon was out to train her archery again but not in the dojo thus time. She needed a longer range. She noted the Seppun. She bowed to the young lord. "Good morning Seppun san good day for training neh. I hope you will partake Inari's blessing soon." She smiled.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:01 pm

"Good morning, Kaito-san. I certainly will. I hope the Shrine Maiden can have some, too." He waves to the cloth laid on the grass with where lies the mirror and the bundle with onigiri, and sits, "Please, before I resume training, you Kaito-san have a moment to sit and talk?"
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:14 pm

"I do." She nodded "my kyudo training can wait... trees don't move." The Kaito followed.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:21 pm

He nods and then sits. Yuzu removes the sheathed katana from his obi and lays it at his side. Then, Yuzu unwraps the bundle and offers to Oubaihime, saying, "I couldn't find my cousin yesterday, so, I took the opportunity to request Kaikoga-san's help to understand more of the nemuranai."

Yuzu looks to the item, "It seems Aashina Soyokaze-san is the creator, and that he awakened its spirit. It is not though, Lady Doji-kami's mirror, as Kaito-san told me the other day. It is a different mirror, this one shows one's best image. Which, unfortunately, renders it quite useless... for many."

Looking back to Oubaihime, he confesses, "I was under the impression that this item was perhaps tricking Kaito-san's mind, but it doesn't do that. I wonder who told Kaito-san this was Lady Doji-kami's mirror, so she would believe it so, and assume she could treat the Governor without the proper deference, as she had been doing previously."
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:34 pm

"Do you know the story of Lady Doji's mirror, Seppun san?" She took a seat next to the young lord.
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:41 pm

"I do, indeed. The Tale of the Golden Mirror. A marvelous story of how Kakita-shiryo had to perform three nearly impossible tasks to marry Doji-kami. But he did all the same. It was later used to guide the Kirin, as I mentioned the other day, and it broke, ages ago." He says and then looks to the item.

"This is not the Golden Mirror."
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:14 pm

"Perhaps for you is not but for this one this is 1 of nearly 3 imposible task. A person that is not gifted by the kami crating such gift is quite the impossibility. This is my Doji's mirror." The Kaito smiled. "Yet you say it is not. All about the perception... for you this is just a cursed item that had taken a toll to a friend... A friend who you think offends you by giving you and equal honorific." The woman gave a nod. "But perhaps I was mistaken and you want your status to give you an advantage in courting this one." The priestess took a piece of onigiri.
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:39 pm

The boy narrows his eyes, clearly not following batshit of the Phoenix’s somewhat egoistical assumptions. "As much as Kaito-san might cherish this item, and it has value to her. It is not an item that grants a title or status, neither it is the Golden Mirror. If Kaito-san said this to an honorable Crane, they could have been greatly offended beyond reparations. Also, what she said to me the other day was a lie, one that she is keenly aware, as I understand now. I also see she is angry, and trying to offend me over and over."

He offers one last time. The third time, in fact, his friendship. "I cherish Kaito-san's friendship, and would be so honored if she would apologize for the lies and accept my friendship and admiration. If there is anything I have done that offended her, she should tell me, as I am still ignorant of that. As for courting, Kaito-san's assumptions are mistaken. I never had the intention to take advantage of anything. I leave the decision of who I'll be matched into the Deer’s hands, as I trust their calling, and the understanding this Minor Clan have toward the future of the Imperial Families and the Empire."

Another deep breath and he adds, "As much as vile rumors go, the duel was not about Kaito-san. Not for me. It was about honor, and how one should behave in respect to others."

--
Showing that his emotions are restrained and reinforcing the will to further connect Imperials and Minor Clans. Blessed lineage. | TN: 2 | Success: 5 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image Image
1Opportunity symbol to remove strife.
+4 Side Goal
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:43 am

The Kaito stood up and straighten her hakama. She bowed to the Seppun with quite serious look. "I apologize for the lies and deceit Lord Seppun sama." She kept her bow. "I also want to be allowed of calling lord Seppun sama with a more familiar honorific while not in public. Would you accept that, please?"
Smells like flowers