(D12, EM) Strike Past Failure (Open)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Yuzu

(D12, EM) Strike Past Failure (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:43 am

Yuzu returns to his usual training stop to hone his skills once again this morning under the rain.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: (D12, EM) Strike Past Failure (Open)

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:58 pm

After a turmoil of emotions on the previous day and hearing that the Seppun came to the wall to train the Kaito priestess walked to where the Seppun is. He would note her mirror on her obi that glistened in the rain, perhaps a blessing of the heavens. Oubaihime was one of the few people who has kept her eyes from his but not today. Her eyes finally met his. "I hope Inari no kami had blessed you this morning Seppun san." It was also the first time she used a different honorific. She did with a familiarity that perhaps he wasn't accustomed to, from the Kaito.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:05 pm

Oubaihime's angered chi is felt like a buffet of rainy wind on Yuzu's cheeks. He provides a bow, and mentions, "Good morning, Kaito-san. I have not partaken with the blessings. I usually store it for after training. I will gladly share it with the Shrine Maiden, if she also seeks Inari-kami's grace. Please, treat me kindly."

After a moment, he adds, "And congratulations, in any case. I didn't know Kaito-san was above the Governor in the previous days. Which assignment was she bestowed by her lords?"
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:24 pm

The Kaito nodded "I would be honored to partake such blessing with you, Seppun san." The priestess took out her mirror. "My duty is to protect this mirror granted to my by a child of Lady Doji no Kami."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:03 pm

He frowns at the treatment, and cocks his head back as the boy fetches a bundle with some onigiri. Yuzu unbundles it and offers with both hands so she takes the one she wants. “Douzo. They are flavored differently. I don’t know which one is which.”

He glances st the murros and then back at the maiden’s eyes, “I don’t understand. Being a mirror bearer grants you status above a Governor’s?”
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:10 pm

The Kaito picks one of the rice balls carefully not to touch the others. "I am honored." She bowed. "For it is not an ordinary mirror Seppun san. I think you missed it maybe it is that this one is not speaking loudly enough." The Kaito cleared her throat. "It is Lady... Doji's... Mirror." The priestess emphasised each word. "Not a simple mirror... it was granted to this one as a blessing"
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:33 pm

The provides a bow to the item –– which is in the direction of the maiden, then he looks at her eyes, "I confess I am still confused. I didn't know there was an official position that could be granted to Phoenix from a Crane. Care to explain it more to me, and... tell me which flavor was that onigiri, too?"

He raises his eyebrow to incentivize.
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:57 pm

"The position is Keeper of Doji's Mirror." It is a quite elegant mirror with embellishments. "It is a promise that strengthen the alliance between the Phoenix and the Crane." Tastes the onigiri. "White bean paste."
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:26 pm

Yuzu looks very seriously into her eyes, and says, “Lady Doji's Mirror was shattered before the Ki-Rin left the Empire. While it's not impossible for a title to exist when the point of it no longer does, this is not the case.”

The boy looks to the mirror and back at the Shrine Maiden, then asks, politely, “Why is Kaito-san lying to me, and treating the Governor without the proper deference?”

- -
Figuring out status. Unknown TN. Kuge lineage knows stuff. | TN: 2 | Success: 7 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
1Opportunity symbol to reduce Strife.
Roll checked with GM
DescriptionTheme

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:35 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:26 pm
Yuzu looks very seriously into her eyes, and says, “Lady Doji's Mirror was shattered before the Ki-Rin left the Empire. While it's not impossible for a title to exist when the point of it no longer does, this is not the case.”

The boy looks to the mirror and back at the Shrine Maiden, then asks, politely, “Why is Kaito-san lying to me, and treating the Governor without the proper deference?”

- -
Figuring out status. Unknown TN. Kuge lineage knows stuff. | TN: 2 | Success: 7 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
1Opportunity symbol to reduce Strife.
Roll checked with GM
Yuzi looks at the mirror. The reflection therein was....very striking. Yuzi on his best day with the full support on a stylist staff. But more than that he looked...regal. Wise. Just Kind.A man who deserved every courtesy regardless of his name.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind