(D11, EM) Breakfast of The Champions (Open)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Yuzu

(D11, EM) Breakfast of The Champions (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:27 am

Early in the morning, Yuzu is back into his usual spot. He foregoes training his seekrit technique for a moment to hone his iaijutsu technique. Most certainly he would lose today –– but it couldn't do poorly in front of Reina.

At least, he hopes to make her proud of his own skills –– if that would ever happen.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Suzume Senseki

Re: (D11, EM) Breakfast of The Champions (Open)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:14 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:27 am
Early in the morning, Yuzu is back into his usual spot. He foregoes training his seekrit technique for a moment to hone his iaijutsu technique. Most certainly he would lose today –– but it couldn't do poorly in front of Reina.

At least, he hopes to make her proud of his own skills –– if that would ever happen.
Like a couple days back, once again the simply-clad Sparrow walks slowly through the walls to find Yuzu practicing.

"Ohayou gozaimasu, Seppun-sama", the Sparrow said, formally and humbly, bowing low. "I see Seppun-sama is diligent as always, ne", he adds with a calm smile. "Preparing for tomorrow's test, if this one may be so bold as to ask?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:59 am

The Seppun provides a bow back to the Sparrow, greeting. “Good morning, Suzume-san. Inari-kami blessed me with some additional onigiri once again, if he wants to share.”

Looking to his stance, he comments, “I am thankful for the compliment. I try to hone my skills everyday so I am always ready. Today’s training is a preparation for the duel to happen at Akodo’s hour. Unfortunately.”
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:33 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:59 am
The Seppun provides a bow back to the Sparrow, greeting. “Good morning, Suzume-san. Inari-kami blessed me with some additional onigiri once again, if he wants to share.”

Looking to his stance, he comments, “I am thankful for the compliment. I try to hone my skills everyday so I am always ready. Today’s training is a preparation for the duel to happen at Akodo’s hour. Unfortunately.”
"Oh, thank you kindly, Seppun-sama, but I have brought my own again", he answers with another kind smile, even as he holds his stance. "We can share the meal after training, if Seppun-sama will grant me the time for it."

He slowly steps to one side, as if starting to circle around the boy. "I... have heard a few comments about a duel as I walked through the castle. I see they're not just rumours, then." The man's face seems slightly saddened, but only for a moment. "The whispers mentioned feelings, though...? I assume this must be a much more serious matter, though, ne?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:40 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:33 am
"Oh, thank you kindly, Seppun-sama, but I have brought my own again", he answers with another kind smile, even as he holds his stance. "We can share the meal after training, if Seppun-sama will grant me the time for it."

He slowly steps to one side, as if starting to circle around the boy. "I... have heard a few comments about a duel as I walked through the castle. I see they're not just rumours, then." The man's face seems slightly saddened, but only for a moment. "The whispers mentioned feelings, though...? I assume this must be a much more serious matter, though, ne?"
The boy nods and slowly assumes a relaxed stance. “I beg Suzume-san’s forgiveness, even if I say this without any offense. But, rumors are often best unheard. Unfortunately, though. They are out there.”

He raises an eyebrow, and hands start to move from leg to hilt. “Feelings are indeed involved. A young samurai’s feelings that brought him into a series os slights. Worse is, he’s not the only one to act in such way. I hope that, if Heavens grant me righteousness, they all see their shameful conduct is indeed incorrect.”
DescriptionTheme

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:51 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:40 am
The boy nods and slowly assumes a relaxed stance. “I beg Suzume-san’s forgiveness, even if I say this without any offense. But, rumors are often best unheard. Unfortunately, though. They are out there.”

He raises an eyebrow, and hands start to move from leg to hilt. “Feelings are indeed involved. A young samurai’s feelings that brought him into a series os slights. Worse is, he’s not the only one to act in such way. I hope that, if Heavens grant me righteousness, they all see their shameful conduct is indeed incorrect.”
The Suzume nods silently as he slowly moves around the boy, eyes shifting to his hands for a moment as his footing changes slightly. "That is the hardest part of words, ne, Seppun-sama. We often cannot choose what we hear, and when..."

A quick step back, his own hand shifting to his hilt. "I see, though... proper conduct is certainly important. I wonder what may have happened, though... to behave so unbecomingly as to wrong Seppun-sama. And not only one person at that... it definitely surprises me!"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:51 am
The Suzume nods silently as he slowly moves around the boy, eyes shifting to his hands for a moment as his footing changes slightly. "That is the hardest part of words, ne, Seppun-sama. We often cannot choose what we hear, and when..."

A quick step back, his own hand shifting to his hilt. "I see, though... proper conduct is certainly important. I wonder what may have happened, though... to behave so unbecomingly as to wrong Seppun-sama. And not only one person at that... it definitely surprises me!"
“The challenged did test my compassion, which was given. Yet, he continued to mistreat the situation, and me. He requested to be punished, acknowledging he was wrong. When I offered terms, he accepted. Then denied when I was about to leave. After that, he bargained to be hit, instead of accepting the punishment he had requested.”

Yuzu allows the Suzume to draw close as he explains. His footing still quite relaxed and centered.

“All that since he couldn’t contain his feelings. Publicly announcing his love interest. Unfortunately, he isn’t the only one doing so. Rumors run wildly about many miai candidates. I witnessed this behavior in the gardens, as a samurai was clearly declaring himself to an acquaintance of mine. Unfortunately, I wasn’t as insulted as to issue a challenge at that time. But that’s a lesson to be learned, and not to delve into doubt.”
DescriptionTheme

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:00 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 am
“The challenged did test my compassion, which was given. Yet, he continued to mistreat the situation, and me. He requested to be punished, acknowledging he was wrong. When I offered terms, he accepted. Then denied when I was about to leave. After that, he bargained to be hit, instead of accepting the punishment he had requested.”

Yuzu allows the Suzume to draw close as he explains. His footing still quite relaxed and centered.

“All that since he couldn’t contain his feelings. Publicly announcing his love interest. Unfortunately, he isn’t the only one doing so. Rumors run wildly about many miai candidates. I witnessed this behavior in the gardens, as a samurai was clearly declaring himself to an acquaintance of mine. Unfortunately, I wasn’t as insulted as to issue a challenge at that time. But that’s a lesson to be learned, and not to delve into doubt.”
The Sparrow drew clower, but only slightly, apparently focusing on going around him more than a quick advance.

"Hm." It took some time for all that to sink in. "I... guess the expectations in Miai are different across the empire? I'm not sure what those are here in Shika lands..."

Some more circling around the Imperial, very slowly.

"But then... you say the challenged bargained to be hit instead of accepting punishment? And... Seppun-sama would not have it that way, I assume?"

A long silence.

"I apologise if I'm overstepping boundaries, Seppun-sama... but might this one ask what punishment it was, that this person would rather be punished physically instead?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:21 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:00 pm
The Sparrow drew clower, but only slightly, apparently focusing on going around him more than a quick advance.

"Hm." It took some time for all that to sink in. "I... guess the expectations in Miai are different across the empire? I'm not sure what those are here in Shika lands..."

Some more circling around the Imperial, very slowly.

"But then... you say the challenged bargained to be hit instead of accepting punishment? And... Seppun-sama would not have it that way, I assume?"

A long silence.

"I apologise if I'm overstepping boundaries, Seppun-sama... but might this one ask what punishment it was, that this person would rather be punished physically instead?"
Yuzu takes a quick step sideways and predicting a position to open Senseki's guard in his next move, Yuzu draws his blade. "I would not. I am no brute as to slap someone when there's a clear lesson to be learned first."

A long silence follows, as Yuzu waits to see how the Sparrow would step, "I requested that the challenger refrained from seeking his romantic endeavour in such a shameful way. A gesture of respect to the other competitors at this miai."
DescriptionTheme

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:36 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:21 pm
Yuzu takes a quick step sideways and predicting a position to open Senseki's guard in his next move, Yuzu draws his blade. "I would not. I am no brute as to slap someone when there's a clear lesson to be learned first."

A long silence follows, as Yuzu waits to see how the Sparrow would step, "I requested that the challenger refrained from seeking his romantic endeavour in such a shameful way. A gesture of respect to the other competitors at this miai."
The Sparrow's steps are, once again, much as before - slow, steady and circling around him, sword down as if ready to defend at any time... or exploit an opening if one appeared.

The man's head nodded quickly. "Wakarimashita. A slap will hardly do if no lesson is learnt, that much is true."

Some more circling.

"I cannot help but wonder if what counts as proper in Miai is yet another thing that varies across the Empire, though." Some silence. "Perhaps that would make an interesting question... to the Miya, perhaps, ne?", he adds with a disarming smile.