[D10, EE, Open] The Big Guns

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kitsu Murato

Re: [D10, EE, Open] The Big Guns

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:54 am

Murato bows to the Utaku. They had been introduced previously at the party the other evening.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:42 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:49 am
Yasu offers a small bow of introduction, careful of the crowd and her own size in finding room for it. "Kuni Yasu, I am pleased to meet you, even if the circumstance is strange." She glances to Murato, curious if his eyes see anything.

"Can you explain? We've heard only a few words about something dark and Murato-san sensed the same here at the inn, but that's not much to go on." Honestly, she's not much fussed by who does the explaining. The unicorn just happens to be right in front of her.
"Dreams that ravish my energy , jade does bot aid against them and each day my kimonos bear a new mark that I can not see , and which is associated with a legend of a murdering woman.
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:51 am

Well, that's no good, Hajime thought. "Shosuro-sama seemed to indicate it was time for quick action. I take it there is a plan to deal with this spirit?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:03 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:25 pm
Hajime nodded quickly at Murato.

"Shosuro-sama was just about to lead us to a confrontation with what he suspects may be a gaki here at the inn, Suzume-sama. Who we are and what led us to this is entirely beside the point. We'll see to that when we have determined who has survived."

He bows to Hikimasu. "Lead on, Shosuro-sama."
"Oh... oh.", he says, still rather confused.
Saibankan wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:31 pm
"Hai samurai-sama." was the quiet response.
He looks at the boy again. He didn't seem like the child he'd seen before... did he?

"I can make sure the boy keeps safe. I'll stay behind here... but please do call if you need further help", he says, bowing low to Hikimasu, Hajime and the others.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:31 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:03 am

He looks at the boy again. He didn't seem like the child he'd seen before... did he?

"I can make sure the boy keeps safe. I'll stay behind here... but please do call if you need further help", he says, bowing low to Hikimasu, Hajime and the others.
He did not. There were, in fact, many boys in this world, and Senseki had met a couple of them. This one seemed to be doing his best to srhink away from the samurai, looking down, with Renjiro protectively curled around him.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:59 am

Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:31 am
He did not. There were, in fact, many boys in this world, and Senseki had met a couple of them. This one seemed to be doing his best to srhink away from the samurai, looking down, with Renjiro protectively curled around him.
Right... of course not. Especially after his last conversation with Oubaihime, he wouldn't actually expect the normal boy to be Ame-kun. If that was a normal boy.

Well... he should be, right?

Seeing the other samurai leave, the Sparrow knelt down and, with a friendly, humble and receptive smile, looked at both Renjiros. "Oi, friend, you needn't be afraid. This one is Suzume Senseki, as I said a while ago. The others are apparently looking for something dangerous, but we'll be fine here, eh?", he says encouragingly.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:05 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:59 am

Right... of course not. Especially after his last conversation with Oubaihime, he wouldn't actually expect the normal boy to be Ame-kun. If that was a normal boy.

Well... he should be, right?

Seeing the other samurai leave, the Sparrow knelt down and, with a friendly, humble and receptive smile, looked at both Renjiros. "Oi, friend, you needn't be afraid. This one is Suzume Senseki, as I said a while ago. The others are apparently looking for something dangerous, but we'll be fine here, eh?", he says encouragingly.
"H-Hai, Suzume-sama, as you say. came the quiet reply. The boy did not seem particularly reassured by the smiling man known to carry a three foot long razor blade with him.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:20 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:51 am
Well, that's no good, Hajime thought. "Shosuro-sama seemed to indicate it was time for quick action. I take it there is a plan to deal with this spirit?"
Tsugumasa nodded.

"Hai. I'll need four other people to form a protective circle around Utaku-san. I can explain the ritual while I draw the protective wards. Utaku-san, I'll need you to stand in the middle of the room and I'll draw the wards about you."

He looked over those gathered.

"Who all is participating in the ritual? I'll need four people, ideally each strong in a different element, and of course, Utaku-san cannot be one of them." he asked, not sure if they had enough people to try this.

The ritual explained:

The ritual requires 15 momentum acquired within 3 rounds. Each round, each of the five participants (one which can be Tsugumasa) will make a Ring/Theology check at TN3. Success grants 1 momentum, plus 1 momentum per bonus success. This ritual can only be attempted once.

Success: The group reaches 15 momentum by the end of the third round with no participant becoming compromised at any point in the ritual. The spirit is sent back to Gaki-Do...at least for the rest of the miai and will be unable to influence Utaku Kheree.

Failure: The group either fails to hit 15 momentum within 3 rounds, or any participants becomes compromised. during the ritual Dire unforeseen consequences will follow.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:43 am

Koi would look to Genkai and nod. "Go, I will not leave this is to important. I will stay within the Inn, you have my word."

Koi followed the others to the Unicorn's room. The Moth took a deep breath wishing she had time to center herself a bit more before this.

"I can assist, I am strong with water." She said confidently.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:33 am

Murato was so stressed, he didn't know if he could be a great deal of help. "If nobody else is strong in void ill step in. Give me a moment though to calm myself. I just heard the shouting voices of all the spirits within miles and it was a difficult experience."

He steps to the side to try and focus.

----

D10 EE, Meditation [Void] | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image
4Strife symbol removed, successful meditation and Passion

Total: 4Strife symbol
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen