[D10, EE, Open] The Big Guns

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kitsuki Hajime

[D10, EE, Open] The Big Guns

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Having spent some time coordinating, Hajime once more ascended the steps of the tower to set up for the meeting. Arranging an umbrella or four to create a semi-dry space, he carefully brushed down the platform and set out a mat so that his guests would not get their clothes damp from the sodden wood. One did not invite priests to a conference and then expose them to discomfort without their leave.

When he had been satisfied as to the arrangements, Hajime sat and waited for his guests to arrive.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Murato

Re: [D10, EE, Open] The Big Guns

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Murato ascended the steps with purpose, which was different from his normal leisurely pace. When he arrives he bowed to the Kitsuki. "I hope you are well Kitsuki-san. I am glad to see you again."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:30 pm

"I am, Kitsu-sama, and I hope that you have been able to keep as dry as possible these past few days." He smiled pleasantly. "Why don't you have a seat? We are expecting another as well, and I think you may find the wait somewhat more pleasant under my umbrellas."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:35 pm

He nods, taking a seat. "I would be comfortable with just being Murato to you, or Mura if you prefer," he clarified. "If we're hunting spiritual concerns together, at the very least we are comrades, and you trust me enough to help."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 pm

"Then I shall be Hajime to you, Mura-sama." Hajime smiled a little impishly as he kept the honorific elevated. "And we shall get to the bottom of all this as comrades."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:41 pm

Yasu took the steps two at a time out of simple comfort rather than hurry. This place wasn't built on Crab scale. Plus, she'd decided to forgo an umbrella while climbing the wall, so may as well hurry a bit.

So she's a touch winded as she reaches the top and offers a bow to the pair. "Kitsuki-sama, Kitsu-san," she offers, shaking drops gently from her sleeves.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:46 pm

He grinned at the sama.

With Yasu's arrival he nods and smiles. When she calls him Kitsu he gives her an accusatory smirk. "Yasu-san." The familiar address was warm. There was no hesitation or confusion to it. And his eyes met hers with a sense of peace he hadn't been able to share since the earliest days of the miai.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:50 pm

Hajime, taking a half-breath to note the familiarity between Yasu and Murato, rose to offer a bow of greeting and to invite Yasu to take a seat.

"Welcome, Kuni-sama, to our symposium. Thank you--thank you both--for your time." He bowed respectfully to each, then sat. "I confess that the eclipse has rather put a different complexion on the matter of the weather, and I am grateful that two shugenja experienced with spiritual disturbances were on hand for me to consult. Being trained primarily in the enforcement of criminal law, this sort of investigation is by no means my forte, however, and so I stand ready to assist you in whatever way I can."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:03 pm

There's only a small surprise at the familiar address in less familiar company, but she sees that ease and nods once with a pleased smile and small shower of rain from her hair. "Murato-san then. And please," she says to Hajime as she takes a seat, "-sama's for my mothers, I'm still just an apprentice."

"I confess, I was feeling a bit unsettled yesterday and barely left the inn. I'd meant to examine the eclipse of the sun more diligently, so I was glad to hear of someone else looking into it. I hope I can still learn something about it from the spirits here with a bit of memory to them...and honestly, check on the earth's stability with so much rain. It's very used to water here, but it can become overloaded."

"The tower is a good choice...close to rain and strongly connected to the earth."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:04 pm

"Just to clarify beforehand, I am not a Shugenja. I cannot invoke the kami. But most Shugenja also can't look a spirit in the eye when they hide from mortals on ningen-do... while I naturally can. I just approach the problem from a different angle so it should be very beneficial to have all 3 perspectives working in conjunction." He bows his head at the clarification and explanation.