[D10, EE, Open] The Big Guns

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D10, EE, Open] The Big Guns

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:24 pm

Hikimasu focused on the task, and though the gaki had a subversive presence that whispered doubt and failure, this was not the first time he had faced a such a difficult task he should be unprepared for.

Don't balk at a samurai, creature.

OOC
D10 ritual, pls? Poker face distinction | TN: 3 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image Image
Negate 1 strife with opportunity
At 2/8
+2 momentum.
8/15 total
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:42 pm

Kitsu Tsugumasa called out to the spirits of Fire to illuminate the way to sending the spirit back to where it came from:

+1 momenum, opps to kill strife

+1 momentum
9/15 momentum
0/8 Strife

Round 2:
9/15 momentum

The creature because visible, though afterwards no samurai would be able to agree upon what it actually looked like. Koi saw June, and the others saw the faces of those they had burning desires for.

Koi was clearly faltering. The sight of her former lover was making it really hard to focus on the ritual. "Kuni-san...I can't...please...you must..."

2 opportunities spent to provide assistance to Kuni Yasu.

9/15 momentum

Kuni Yasu, motivated by the sight of Koi needing help more than the lustful promises of the spirit dug in deep calling the Earth to rise up and smash the spirit. You could feel slight tremors in the room as the earth kami hastened to obey.

+4 momentum

13/15 momentum
3/10 strife
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:52 pm

Murato's recent explorations into the world of sexual escapades did not change his nature really. The sight and sound of Bayarama was not enough to halt his concentration or draw his focus from bringing in the combined efforts of everyone's elements. He continues his prayers of exorcism and he did not falter.

He reached out with his senses and took the room in with his eyes as it felt like the thing was dissipating.

----

D10 EE, Theology [Void], Sixth Sense, Purifying Utaku with Void, Void Point | TN: 3 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image

Success: +2 momentum, 1Opportunity symbol to sense supernatural presence, to ensure the gaki was eliminated by the ritual, gain 2Strife symbol

Total: 6Strife symbol
Total Momentum: 15/15
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:55 pm

Hikimasu finally felt the strain, the creature was pushing back hard to fight for it's place in ningen-do. He understood that, but he knew it was wrong. He just needed to hold on a bit longer.

OOC
D10 Asking the Gaki to take their things and go. Dead Eyes tell no lies. | TN: 3 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
We're still winning, but no more momentum from me.

at 3/8 strife
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:03 pm

Kitsu Tsugumasu conluded the ritual. He had little enough energy to give back to it, but it was still finished with the help of everyone.

+0 Momentum.

BEGONE!

With a howling scream heard throughout the Inn, the gaki was dragged from it's embrace of the Utaku and flung out of ningen-do with the sound of a door slamming shut.

Tgusumasa let out a breath.

"It is over.....for now. I am not convinced that this was a wandering spirit. Utaku-san...I think you I and Kuni-san need to have a long talk." he said.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:06 pm

She shivered and nodded clearly adrenaline damaging her on " I owe all of you a debt for this aid in my time of need" she says softly as she offers them a deep bow.
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:09 pm

Hikimasu regained himself mostly and returned the bow. "Utaku-san, we only did what we could." Then he looked at the Kuni and Kitsu. "I agree there should be further investigation, but give her some time to rest first, perhaps."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:16 pm

Hajime tilted his head. "If the spirit came from the painting, there are indeed many questions to be asked, but I see that Utaku-san is not the only weary one among us. Is there a sense among those experienced with such matters that a brief respite would expose the castle or its people to unnecessary risk?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Mirumoto Namika

Post by Mirumoto Namika » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:17 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:09 pm
Hikimasu regained himself mostly and returned the bow. "Utaku-san, we only did what we could." Then he looked at the Kuni and Kitsu. "I agree there should be further investigation, but give her some time to rest first, perhaps."
As if on cue, the door slammed open and in strode Mirumoto Namika, followed by a phalanx of Deer samurai, and a bevy of priests from the Temple.

Namika looked over the gathering, while the Deer spread out, spears at the ready.

"Explanations. Now." she growled.
Dragon Clan * Emerald Yoriki

"Truth and justice are not the same thing. You grasp for the truth, but I seek justice."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:23 pm

Hikimasu stepped between Kheree and the Shika plus Mirumoto, but he didn't explain anything yet. He waited to see if the others would let him handle it, or if they would tell their own story.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description