(D0, EM) Trouble at the Gates

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Hiroto

Re: (D0, EM) Trouble at the Gates

Post by Hiroto » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:36 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:33 am
Sakura tilts her head to the Mantis after her own papers are checked- and that of her maidservant and guide. “Mantis-san. Hiroto-san, unless Nanami's guess is incorrect. This one is Kakita Sakura. Have you had rice today?”

The heimin's expression is carefully neutral- but Sakura adopts a pleasant smile, her blindfold hiding any other expression on her face.
Glares might not work on her, but Sakura would have had to have also been deaf to not hear the sigh of frustration from the Mantis. It seemed that there was no escaping the beak of the Crane.

"Hiroto of the Golden Mirror, to be precise" he said. He might not have a family name but Mantis traditions were something important to him.

In keeping with tradition he did offer a bow to the Crane, even if she couldn't see it, likely others would talk if he was being rude to the Crane. Well, ruder than normal.

"I have, I hope that Kakita-san has been similarly favored."
Mantis Clan * Golden Mirror * Miai Candidate

"I will not be slighted, set aside, and mocked!"

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:38 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:26 am
Koi saw the Scorpion appear to be leaving and as the Crane that was in front of her decided to join in assisting the Mantis member she had to resist sighing in frustration instead she took in her surroundings fanning her face slightly.

Please Kami, allow me to find a wife of some status that meats I dont need to worry about queues in the future. She loathed the heat of the lowlands during the Summer, and cities for this reason.

Still she waited, beautiful, still and bored.
With the Mantis Problem resolved, the guard turned his attention to Koi. There was a small hint of puzzlement as he noted her mon.

"Um, welcome to Kyuden Shika...samurai-san. May I see your travelling papers please?"
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:46 pm

Hiroto wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:36 pm
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:33 am
Sakura tilts her head to the Mantis after her own papers are checked- and that of her maidservant and guide. “Mantis-san. Hiroto-san, unless Nanami's guess is incorrect. This one is Kakita Sakura. Have you had rice today?”

The heimin's expression is carefully neutral- but Sakura adopts a pleasant smile, her blindfold hiding any other expression on her face.
Glares might not work on her, but Sakura would have had to have also been deaf to not hear the sigh of frustration from the Mantis. It seemed that there was no escaping the beak of the Crane.

"Hiroto of the Golden Mirror, to be precise" he said. He might not have a family name but Mantis traditions were something important to him.

In keeping with tradition he did offer a bow to the Crane, even if she couldn't see it, likely others would talk if he was being rude to the Crane. Well, ruder than normal.

"I have, I hope that Kakita-san has been similarly favored."
“I have. I shall not keep you, Hiroto-san, I merely wished to offer my aid if you wish it when dealing with Doji-san.”

Sakura tilts her head gently, not missing his reaction as she bows as well- the tap from Nanami on the arm telling her what to react to, but Sakura also catches the noise from Hiroto's clothing.

As she sees it… he did receive injury on the watch of her Clan. So, she considers this her effort to give a bit of compensation.
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:48 pm

Koi stepped forward behind the Crane and Mantis, and had to resist a grunt of discomfort- her feet hurt. All she wanted was a foot massage, some tea and to bask in tje afternoon sunlight with a line in the water.

Nope, her feet hurt at some marriage ceremony where she is identified as generically as possible 'samurai-san' by the stars, a Sparrow would be at least acknowledged by their family name and they were basically farmers!

Koi brought her fan up gave it a light flutter before stepping forward and produced her papers from a wooden box she had repurposed to holding important documents while on the road.

She held them out, glancing at the Mantis and Crane individually giving a polite bow of respect and waited the scent of almonds, citrus and lilacs floated off the beautiful moth with the jade eyes.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:23 pm

A palanquin, carried this far by a few heimin, is put down not far from the gates and the Crane inside steps out with a short crunch of the dirt beneath his sandals.

Kakita Akihiro is neither tall, nor short, wide nor thin, tanned or pale. Instead what one notices first about him is the white metal that covers half of his face. Those who stare are given a glare so they would notice next the quality of his clothes, the fine silks, fashionable decorative patterns, the fashionable knot of his obi, and the business of his inner kimono patterns. He either spends great time on his appearance or has someone who does so for him.

Akihiro is dressed in sunflower pattern with navy blue background, and a grey sash over his waist. The expression he went with for this event was polite indifference. A gaggle of samurai might deserve his respect for their station which they would receive through a bow in their direction. But speaking to guards is about as interesting and entertaining as speaking to a Sparrow. Though, the presence of another Kakita...

"Kakita Akihiro, arriving to Kyuden Shika." He felt a little annoyed at having to announce himself but whatever. The feeling definitely showed on the left half of his face.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Hiroto

Post by Hiroto » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:26 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:46 pm

“I have. I shall not keep you, Hiroto-san, I merely wished to offer my aid if you wish it when dealing with Doji-san.”

Sakura tilts her head gently, not missing his reaction as she bows as well- the tap from Nanami on the arm telling her what to react to, but Sakura also catches the noise from Hiroto's clothing.

As she sees it… he did receive injury on the watch of her Clan. So, she considers this her effort to give a bit of compensation.
The problem with being angry and pushing forward all the time was it made you terribly predictable. The gentle verbal sidestep of the Crane left the Mantis well off balance.

"Uh..well....yes, Kakita-san. It would probably be best if you were there when I met with the Emerald Magistrate." he allowed, his voice shifting to a much more wary tone after some initial confusion. "Your testimony will likely be necessary, and I don't really want to keep an emerald magistrate waiting."

He especially did not think keeping a Crane Emerald magistrate waiting, and that unspoken Crane was definitely on his 'emerald magistrate'.
Mantis Clan * Golden Mirror * Miai Candidate

"I will not be slighted, set aside, and mocked!"

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:48 pm
Koi stepped forward behind the Crane and Mantis, and had to resist a grunt of discomfort- her feet hurt. All she wanted was a foot massage, some tea and to bask in tje afternoon sunlight with a line in the water.

Nope, her feet hurt at some marriage ceremony where she is identified as generically as possible 'samurai-san' by the stars, a Sparrow would be at least acknowledged by their family name and they were basically farmers!

Koi brought her fan up gave it a light flutter before stepping forward and produced her papers from a wooden box she had repurposed to holding important documents while on the road.

She held them out, glancing at the Mantis and Crane individually giving a polite bow of respect and waited the scent of almonds, citrus and lilacs floated off the beautiful moth with the jade eyes.
The guard took the papers and examined them.

"Kai...koga-san. Am I saying that right? You've had quite the journey from....which province is this?" he asks, clearly unfamiliar with the Moth and their ways.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Koi watched the guard stumble his way in this interaction with her, a blundering idiot she found herself settling upon hence why he was on guard duty.

"No, Samurai-san its pronounced slightly differently but good attempt. Less pronunciation 'a' and more 'oo'. Kaikoga.." She said with gentle kindness, and resisted rubbing her hand on her lower back which was now killing her.

She had this all before, and that is what frustrates her with her clan. They demand so much from her and some yob on a door is unable to recognise who she is especially at a place where Bushi are literally getting married.

Resigning to the fate she hoped wouldnt happened, and watched as another Crane arrived being carried like the earth kami is not good enough to walk on. "Far to the north in the Dragon Mountains, an village called Iya."

Please She thought, if he any more ignorant just strike me down where I stand.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:06 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm
Koi watched the guard stumble his way in this interaction with her, a blundering idiot she found herself settling upon hence why he was on guard duty.

"No, Samurai-san its pronounced slightly differently but good attempt. Less pronunciation 'a' and more 'oo'. Kaikoga.." She said with gentle kindness, and resisted rubbing her hand on her lower back which was now killing her.

She had this all before, and that is what frustrates her with her clan. They demand so much from her and some yob on a door is unable to recognise who she is especially at a place where Bushi are literally getting married.

Resigning to the fate she hoped wouldnt happened, and watched as another Crane arrived being carried like the earth kami is not good enough to walk on. "Far to the north in the Dragon Mountains, an village called Iya."

Please She thought, if he any more ignorant just strike me down where I stand.
"Huh, never heard of it." he said. "But that's what it says on the papers, and they all seem to be in order."

He hands the papers back to the Moth.

"Welcome to Kyuden Shika, Kaikoga-san." he said, with a little extra emphasis on the oo. "May your stay be pleasant, if you need anything, please don't hesistate to ask."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:15 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:06 pm

"Huh, never heard of it." he said. "But that's what it says on the papers, and they all seem to be in order."

He hands the papers back to the Moth.

"Welcome to Kyuden Shika, Kaikoga-san." he said, with a little extra emphasis on the oo. "May your stay be pleasant, if you need anything, please don't hesistate to ask."
No surprise there, and that is why you are destined to be a glorified doorman. She mused as she placed her documents away in her bag. "It does not surprise me, it is quite out of the way from common eye."

She bowed respectfully, and glanced around. "May the kami bless you today."