[D4: LA] Moth's gathering to Glory

Guest mansion housing an emerald magistrate
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D4: LA] Moth's gathering to Glory

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:55 am

Koi paused, and sipped her tea placing it done before she spoke, trying to think of the best way to say it without causing offense but decided that perhaps the best approach would be honest. "I can understand the trauma that such an injury has caused you, and that it is likely to leave you feeling unsatisfied with how the story ended but it is a good story. I enjoyed hearing it. You showed incredible bravery to give chase to the villainous Poison Princess and then you threw your entire being into performing your duty with the bravado of someone capable of doing their job to the fullest of their ability, to exceed as a samurai should do. This story, in my opinion, is better than any story that comes from any young bushi that does a simple task and turns it into a quest - you risked your life to save others, it is quite redeemable."

She sipped her tea, and said softly. "But I am a Moth, and I expect the whispering of us little insects are carried away in the wind kami."

Koi took a moment to think. "Might I ask you a hypothetical question, Doji-sama? With your years in criminal pursuit, and aid to the Emperor I think you knowledge would be invaluable for something that I am working on."
Last edited by Kaikoga Koi on Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:44 pm

Oharu nodded.

"I am always happy to assist others, Kaikoga-san. What matter has brought you through the rain today to share tea with me?" he said, interested in getting to the heart of the Moths' visit.
Crane Clan * Emerald Magistrate * Lame

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:25 pm

Koi nodded, solemnly. "Hypothetically speaking, you are Daimyo that hosts several gatherings to forge relationships and immediate peaceful treaties. You openly display the colours of those relationships you wish most to be popular. You invite all the clans in. You display collections of fine art that have deep meaning to the very reason you host these events - again hypothetically speaking - but you also know the story behind the piece you display. On a day, you find out a piece of art has changed, shifted. Undoubtedly you'd be investigating the piece? Yes?"

Koi sipped her tea. "The piece is a fake, anyone skilled enough to know about art could figure it out. Why hasn't anyone been searching for it?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Oharu raised an eyebrow at that.

"Has no-one been searching for it Kaikoga-san?" he asked

He shook his head.

"Think of it backwards, Kaikoga-san. If something is not lost, do you search for it?"

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:49 pm

Koi frowned. "If a piece of art I was displaying was replaced with a fraud, than I would have guards going through the city finding the individual that stole from myself..."

Koi sipped her tea. "I am pretty certain at this point the painting is just a game that is being played with guests. People love stories, mysteries to keep them busy. It's no different say a theatre performance, or singer. I have a cousin in Lion lands that runs an Inn that hosts these dinners where everyone takes on a small role, with the assistants taking on positions of the household and they run these murder mystery gatherings. They are fun, apparently. It sounds the same.."

Koi stooped into silences for a moment. Thinking. "When I was younger, I shifted into Yume-do physically and was left there for 5 days before I was returned to this realm. In that time, I was touched by a Baku spirit.." She touched her eye. "It left a mark on me, and left. Never came to my dreams again, as often Baku spirits sometimes do but twice since I have arrived in this city I have dreamt of it showing me great dreams that fill me with concern, and his voice. Twice. A warning. Something else is happening, and I can not help but feel I am missing something important."

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Oharu studied the Moth.

"That is certainly... a more fantastic story than my humble one, Kaikoga-san. I'm afraid that my own jurisdiction does not extend into Yume-do."

He paused a moment.

"I will not bore you with the tired excuse given by the lazy magistrate, Kaikoga-san, that evidence obtained through supernatural means has no standing within the court. Instead, I will give you the reasonable, if slightly broken man's request that if your dreams lead you to something that bears the scrutiny of those who happen to be seated higher than you, that you bring it to me."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:44 pm

Koi nodded. "Thank you, to be honest how I got into Yume-do still alludes me. We were only meant to dream deep and remember what we saw as clearly as we can." She chuckled.

"Hai, I shall Doji-sama." She said bowing. "I was merely looking for advice, as my road has taken quite a journey since arriving in Kyuden Shika. Came with the idea of wanting to investigate the connection to the city, the forest and the realm of Yume-do and fell forward into an entire different of series of events. I thought I would seek out your insight, make myself known to you at the very least as it is polite afterall. Thank you."

Koi said softly bowing her head.

D4: LA: Pushing the Agenda. Water/Theology. TN 2. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
1Opportunity symbol used to negate 2Strife symbol
+1 Agenda

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:15 am

Oharu offered another seated bow.

"My door is always open to you, Kaikoga-san. I will listen to whatever issues you feel you need to share with me, and will treat them with the attention they deserve." he assured her kindly.