[D4: LA] Moth's gathering to Glory

Guest mansion housing an emerald magistrate
Kaikoga Koi

[D4: LA] Moth's gathering to Glory

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:14 am

The Moth made her way to the resident of the Emerald Magistrate resident, and spent perhaps 15 minutes in the pouring rain talking herself into going through with this. It concerned her, and if it had only been one dream it would have been something minor to laugh off but she felt like it was something more. Deep in her bones, really and she would be a fool if not to raise it to the Magistrate at least to give a warning.

So, a bit damp and uncertain the Moth approached the Magistrate and announced herself properly and hoped the magistrate would attend to her.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Doji Oharu

Re: [D4: LA] Moth's gathering to Glory

Post by Doji Oharu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:29 pm

The servants admitted her to a receiving ara where Doji Oharu sat behind a desk with his can laying next to him within easy reach.

He offered the Moth a seated bow.

"Good afternoon, Kaikoga-san. Please forgive me for not rising, this weather has been most unkind to me." he said pleasantly. "Please, have a seat. The servants will have tea in shortly. Do you have a preferred blend?"
Crane Clan * Emerald Magistrate * Lame

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Koi bowed low, perhaps lower than necessary but she wanted to at least not be called proper. Once invited the Moth fluttered to the seat as invited not showing any slight to the fact the Emerald Magistrate didn't rise up for her - after all she was just a bug to him.

Koi nodded, not acknowledging the injury but acknowledging the courtesy to point it out. "Thank you, Doji-sama."

"This one is Kaikoga Koi." She introduced herself politely, and thought for a moment. "Would you by any chance have any Akina, please? I have recently discovered it in the local tea house as it's not common in our village and it's very nice. I think the cinnamon hinted is pleasant in this weather."

Koi said softly. "Have you been enjoying the miai so far, Doji-sama?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:20 pm

Oharu nodded at the Moth's request for tea, sending the servant after the appropriate blend.

"A nice choice, Kaikoga-san, the tea house's eccentricities aside." he offered politely.

A small spreading of hands.

"Well, I don't know if enjoying the miai is perhaps the proper term for it, Kaikoga-san. I am mainly here to make sure that if an incident happens between members of different great plans, it can be properly adjudicated. While the Deer's reknown as mediators and negotiatiors is well know, Imperial law is still Imperial law and requires someone to make sure it is abided by." he relates. "So I can say that it has been quite so far at least. No blood feuds or shi duels over a jilted ormance so far."

"But the Deer have provided for my needs over my stay. Hopefully, ,Kaikoga-san has found her time more enjoyable?"

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:36 pm

Koi bowed her head in thanks for the compliment humbly. "My Father was fond of cinnamon, during the Autumn we would collect apples and press them before fermenting them with spices, during Winter Court we would celebrate the first night by opening the drinks we made the previous year." She explained delicately. "They varied year to year, but they were always special and I have always associated moments with cinnamon."

She listened and nodded. "The hosts have been very gracious with fine hospitality, the events have been certainly interesting and perhaps I should have expected some of the events but at the same time some have surprised me so far."

Koi sat calmly but internally a voice screamed in the back of her head. Run bitch. Get out of there. You. Are. In. Danger. Koi looked thoughtful for a moment, stoic perhaps if anything. "I would say my stay has been good, I have enjoyed myself so far and I hope the fortunes continue to bless me."

"Have you enjoyed the fine art within the Great Hall and in the Hall way?" She asked delicately, watching the Magistrate reaction carefully filled with curiousity.

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:45 pm

Oharu nodded.

"To an extant I have." he offered. "Although I find that the messages contained therin a bit....heavy handed. Still, it is hard to deny the skill with which they were created."

He tilted his head a bit.

"Hmm, I would be interested to hear Kaikoga-san's thoughts on the artwork, were she of a mind to share them." he requested.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:13 pm

Koi sat quiet for a moment as tea was presented and enjoyed the aroma of it. "I think the style of which the tapestries within the hall are created is rather interesting, in order to achieve those patterns the artist must have incredible skill and patience's as they complex techniques used. I find that as an artisan myself I find myself curious about the intricate weaving techniques used to convey such powerful meanings."

She sipped the tea, allowing the flavour to settle before continuing. "As for the political meaning of the tapestries I think it is rather clear that the Deer have for a long time aided as mediators by doing what they intend to do with us here - marriage. Though with several Lion's present within the Miai I find it remarkably brave for the Deer to be so bold with their declarations, and I find myself wondering what the Unicorn will think when they are potentially paired with the Great Crane." She said with a flat, calm expression. "I would daresay it would be quite a stark transition from either lands to one another, and I hope whoever ends up marrying into either clan is prepared for a shift in social norms."

"As for the origami, I think it is quite tasteful and interesting but I find the weather might leave them in poor state by the end of it with all the moisture in the air and the humidity. Perhaps, flowers could have served a better purpose but I am just a little Moth and expect the affairs involving such Great Clans will do just fine without this ones perspective." She said sheepishly, and sipped her tea.

"I find the polite, and subtly of the painting in the Hallway an interesting point of discussion for those that understand the story behind the meaning." She said calmly. "As a Magistrate, would you know the details of the actual events that transpired I presume they are different to the pillow books as they often are."

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:26 pm

Oharu smiled.

"Quite the astute artistic assessment, Kaikoga-san. I had heard that the Moth were excellent painters, but that talent for assessment would serve you well were you to ever visit the Kakita Academy." he praised.

He sipped his tea.

"Ah the origami. It truly is meant to be a fleeting artform, rain or no. The pieces you witness will no doubt be long gone should you ever return to visit the Deer in the future. A fitting reminder really of the fleeting beauty of life."

He sat down the cup.

"As for the hallway portraits.....well not really my cup of tea as it were. As for the truth behind them, according to the Scorpion there is none. According to them, the subject is merely a pure work of fiction, and if there were any individuals who match the descriptions of her victims have real life counterparts, the Scorpion merely point out that in a city as large of Ryoko Owari Toshi people can easily disappear, perhaps shedding their clan colors and taking to the waves....." he said with a fairly non-believing tone.

He reflexively touched his wooden cane.

"But then again, were one to accuse me of bias against the Scorpion, it would be an easy and understandable accusation to make." he admitted honestly.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:12 pm

Koi bowed her head. "I am hoping someday to visit the Crane lands, my younger sister is aiding an Aunt in Kyuden Kakita as a guardian within her establishment and has told me great stories about such a beautiful land. If I had the honour to visit the Kakita Academy, I have no doubt that it would be an enlightening moment that I would cherish."

Koi paused.

"You honour my clan with such words, and I shall let my Sensei know of such praise given by you I would expect he would struggle enjoying his tea." Koi joked softly towards the end, showing the respect that deserves.

Koi nodded, sipped her tea.

"Yes-" She stopped and paused. "Forgive me for my ignorance of the topic but why would that be the case?"

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:25 am

Oharu shook his head.

"Ah, it's an old story, and not very interesting I'm afraid, Kaikoga-san." he says. "When I was a younger magistrate I was once on the trail of a rather nasty criminal. The poison princess she was known as for her beauty and skill with deadly substances."

He paused a moment recalling that fateful day.

"I caught her up to after a particularly gruesome murder of a humble priest who tended to an aviary. I was too late to save the man, and the poison princess leapt out the third story window onto a nearby roof. Being an ambitious sort I gave chase. I'm not certain if she prepared her escape route in advance or if the Heavens simply wished me humbled, but as I ran after her, I slipped on a loosened roof tile, and fell to the ground. I'll never forget the sound of my own bones cracking as I hit the all too solid ground."

He took a sip of his tea.

"I was saved by a passing monk, but despite the entreaties to the kami, my legs never fully healed." he admits. "Like I said, a not very interesting story."