(D3, EE) Courting the Emerald Dragon (Expecting)

Guest mansion housing an emerald magistrate
Bayushi Mitsu

(D3, EE) Courting the Emerald Dragon (Expecting)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:32 am

Bayushi made his way to the yashiki as the day began its fall into twilight. He was dressed in a deep maroon that while rich on close inspection was somewhat nondescript to a passing glance. Clasping his hands behind his back, the Scorpion strode gracefully up to the gate.

He introduced himself to the guards. "I am here to call upon Mirumoto Namika."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Mirumoto Namika

Re: (D3, EE) Courting the Emerald Dragon (Expecting)

Post by Mirumoto Namika » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:44 am

The guards admitted the Bayushi into a receiving area. He had enough time to shed his sanals, and any particularly wet outer garments before the Dragon descended.

Mirumoto Namika was a grim figure as she made her way to the front of the yashiki. While some samurai had an On of iron, hers was of steel or perhaps something even harder.

"Bayushi-san," she offered with a curt, professional bow. "I assume you have business to be brought to the attention of the Emerald office?"
Dragon Clan * Emerald Yoriki

"Truth and justice are not the same thing. You grasp for the truth, but I seek justice."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:45 am

Mirumoto Namika wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:44 am
Mirumoto Namika was a grim figure as she made her way to the front of the yashiki. While some samurai had an On of iron, hers was of steel or perhaps something even harder.

"Bayushi-san," she offered with a curt, professional bow. "I assume you have business to be brought to the attention of the Emerald office?"
"Yoriki-sama," he greeted, returning her bow. "I sense you have no interest in pleasantries, so I will come directly to the point. On occasion I have the opportunity to investigate problems that come up for my clan, and I have become a student of intuition and motivation." The Scorpion's masked facade considered the detective directly.

"It has come to my attention that you are looking into one of your clansmen. I would like to offer my skills for your investigation; while perhaps not necessary for success, my assistance could open new avenues and bring to light additional evidence."

(D3, EE) Appealing to Emerald Yoriki - agenda push | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image Image Image

[Man, so nervous for a skill check! Would like to use one opportunity to discern the objective of another character in the scene(Intrigues > Void > Persuade), and the other to show off Bayushi's intuition]
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Mirumoto Namika

Post by Mirumoto Namika » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:12 am

(Objective: Assess if Bayushi Mitsu could be useful in achieving her ultimate goal.)

The Dragon tilted her head at that slightly.

"Find, Bayushi-san? You have either misunderstood, or are far too subtle for your own good. My quarry is attending this miai. I will not dishonor my husband's memory by slaying my prey in cold blood, nor will I stoop to my prey's level and abuse my authority to secure an unjust punishment. But I know my prey, he has surely sinned more than once, either through incompetence or arrogance. I will find those sins, and I will annihilate him." she said.

Her voice was of steel, a hardened hatred that had been honed to a razor's edge. A playwright might have said, 'Woe betide those who she hunts or stand between her and her prey.' but it was suffice to say, this was a very, very angry Dragon.

"Truth and justice are not the same thing. You grasp for the truth, but I seek justice."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:04 am

Mirumoto Namika wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:12 am
...But I know my prey, he has surely sinned more than once, either through incompetence or arrogance. I will find those sins, and I will annihilate him." she said.

Her voice was of steel, a hardened hatred that had been honed to a razor's edge. A playwright might have said, 'Woe betide those who she hunts or stand between her and her prey.' but it was suffice to say, this was a very, very angry Dragon.
Bayushi nodded. "It sounds like finding evidence is exactly what you need, and without violating the spirit of justice in its pursuit." He paced away for a moment, either admiring the decor or just looking off into space. With a soft swirl of clothing he turned back towards her. "So then - what sort of sins would you expect to find? As you imply, often crimes are repeated - it is, after all, the nature of the soul."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Mirumoto Namika

Post by Mirumoto Namika » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:35 am

While the Scorpion twirled around in a very lively manner, the Dragon was as still as the grave.

"I would suspect corruption. Not in the sense of taking money in exchange for favors, but in the sense of twisting things to provide an easier path for a preferred outcome. That was what happened to my husband."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before allowing herself to continue.

"My husband...was a flawed, foolish man. He erred, but it was not for his own benefit, but for the benefit of the people he had sworn to care for. He should have been remembered for his generous nature, for his caring heart, for his willingness to give...."

The eyes reopen in cold fury.

"Instead, he is remembered as a foul, loathsome criminal. That is what Kitsuki-san stole, not just from me, but from the Empire. And he will do so again if it favors him. That cannot be allowed, it is an affront to the Heavens themselves." she concluded.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:51 am

Mirumoto Namika wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:35 am
"Instead, he is remembered as a foul, loathsome criminal. That is what Kitsuki-san stole, not just from me, but from the Empire. And he will do so again if it favors him. That cannot be allowed, it is an affront to the Heavens themselves." she concluded.
"Just so I am clear, this was not the poet, but the Kitsuki that you took a particular interest in at the gift-giving ceremony, correct?"

Bayushi stepped closer again, watching the Dragon carefully. "And your husband was sacrificed for the glory of this Kitsuki? Were those that he served, as you mentioned, overlooked?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Mirumoto Namika

Post by Mirumoto Namika » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:01 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:51 am
Mirumoto Namika wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:35 am
"Just so I am clear, this was not the poet, but the Kitsuki that you took a particular interest in at the gift-giving ceremony, correct?"

Bayushi stepped closer again, watching the Dragon carefully. "And your husband was sacrificed for the glory of this Kitsuki? Were those that he served, as you mentioned, overlooked?"
Namika nodded.

"Correct on both points, Bayushi-san. A sacrifice for the Kitsuki's ambitions upon which all sin was placed." she breathed.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:30 am

Mirumoto Namika wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:01 am
"Correct on both points, Bayushi-san. A sacrifice for the Kitsuki's ambitions upon which all sin was placed." she breathed.
"It sounds then that there is an imbalance in justice." Bayushi nodded in agreement. "I will see what I can find out about this Kitsuki. Once I know something certain, I will bring it to you."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Mirumoto Namika

Post by Mirumoto Namika » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:29 am

The Dragon stared at the Scorpion for awhile.

"One does not ask a Scorpion for their methods, but one can ask what is their price. In exchange for such assistance what do you seek, Bayushi-san?" she asked her voice not hostile, but not particularly warm and friendly.