(D10, LM) Law Abiding Justice

Guest mansion housing an emerald magistrate
Seppun Yuzu

(D10, LM) Law Abiding Justice

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:02 am

Yuzu arrives at the estates of the Emerald Magistrate and waits to understand if he would be able to grant him audience.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Doji Oharu

Re: (D10, LM) Law Abiding Justice

Post by Doji Oharu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:00 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:02 am
Yuzu arrives at the estates of the Emerald Magistrate and waits to understand if he would be able to grant him audience.
He is shown in swiftly to the Crane's receiving room.

"Ah, Seppun-san." he says, rising with effort, leaning heavily on his cane with a pained expression. He bowed, as was proper.

"How can the office of the Emerald be of assistance to you today?"
Crane Clan * Emerald Magistrate * Lame

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:13 pm

The young boy provides a deep bow to the elder magistrate, greeting, “Good morning, Doji-sama. I hope Inari-kami has been kind. Please, treat me kindly.”

There’s another bow, and he takes a deep breath, “It is unfortunate that I will have to bother the magistrate with a request. A matter of honor in which someone with Doji-sama’s station and experience could provide light.”
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:42 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:13 pm
The young boy provides a deep bow to the elder magistrate, greeting, “Good morning, Doji-sama. I hope Inari-kami has been kind. Please, treat me kindly.”

There’s another bow, and he takes a deep breath, “It is unfortunate that I will have to bother the magistrate with a request. A matter of honor in which someone with Doji-sama’s station and experience could provide light.”
Oharu nods.

"Of course, the office of the Emerald is always welcome to help i such, please, have a seat." Oharu offers. He instructs the servants to prepare a strong black tea given the hour, and it's production gives himself time to ease himself back down into a sitting position.

"I am listening, Seppun-san."

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Doji Oharu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:42 pm
The boy nods, and accepts the tea with both hands once is ready. He also makes an extra effort to be extremely polite to pour some tea for the Magistrate himself, instead of leaving it for the servant.

"I had a dissatisfying conversation with Asahina Soyokaze the other day. Doji-sama's clanmate offended my honor in a grave manner, twice. At his first slight, he falsely apologized and requested what he could have done to compensate the offense. At first, when I offered him to retract pursuing a dishonorable behavior, he agreed. Yet, as soon as I turned my back, he took his word back. Perhaps thinking over about what was requested, and how it affected his own selfish feelings."

The boy takes a sip, "Then, the second slight, as he made mention for me to simply punish him there –– since he wouldn't oblige to the initial compensation –– as if I were a brute, turning a blind eye to real matter..."

He puts his cup down, and says. "So, since I am in no position of ordering him to stop pursuing such dishonorable actions, I've challenged him to a duel under the light of the Heavens, in hopes that righteous victory satisfy honor, as well as correct such unacceptable conduct. I came here to seek Doji-sama's impartiality to conduct the ceremony."
DescriptionTheme

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:54 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:25 pm
Doji Oharu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:42 pm
The boy nods, and accepts the tea with both hands once is ready. He also makes an extra effort to be extremely polite to pour some tea for the Magistrate himself, instead of leaving it for the servant.

"I had a dissatisfying conversation with Asahina Soyokaze the other day. Doji-sama's clanmate offended my honor in a grave manner, twice. At his first slight, he falsely apologized and requested what he could have done to compensate the offense. At first, when I offered him to retract pursuing a dishonorable behavior, he agreed. Yet, as soon as I turned my back, he took his word back. Perhaps thinking over about what was requested, and how it affected his own selfish feelings."

The boy takes a sip, "Then, the second slight, as he made mention for me to simply punish him there –– since he wouldn't oblige to the initial compensation –– as if I were a brute, turning a blind eye to real matter..."

He puts his cup down, and says. "So, since I am in no position of ordering him to stop pursuing such dishonorable actions, I've challenged him to a duel under the light of the Heavens, in hopes that righteous victory satisfy honor, as well as correct such unacceptable conduct. I came here to seek Doji-sama's impartiality to conduct the ceremony."

Oharu smiled a bit at that.

"Ah, then Seppun-san should be pleased to know that Asahina-san was here at first light to make such an arrangement. I have authorized a duel to first strike. While Seppun-san's honor is no small thing, it would seem a shame to spoil a miai with maiming and death. It would clearly be discourteous to the hosts. I assume that meets with Seppun-san's approval?" he offered, taking a sip of his tea.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:07 pm

Doji Oharu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:54 pm
-snip-
Yuzu was about to take a second sip, but he stops midair. Somewhat confused. He blinks, and looks to the elder Crane, "Soka. So... Asahina-san came here first. That's... oddly... admirable. I guess that the challenge is already taking its effect upon him. Perhaps a good lesson, even to me."

There's a sip, and he puts the cup back to tray to provide a bow, "I honorably accept such terms."
DescriptionTheme

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:29 pm

Oharu nods.

"Of course, being that he is not a bushi, Asahina-san has invoked his right to a champion, which I would assume that Seppun-san expected?" Oharu checked to confirm that the Seppun understood.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:34 pm

The boy blinks a bit and says, "I confess I wasn't considering that. Now that Doji-sama mentions, I do remember rumors about him and forges... a weaponsmith. In any case, as Asahina, it makes sense. I should have paid attention to it more closely. Regardless, honor demands justice."
DescriptionTheme

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:02 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:34 pm
The boy blinks a bit and says, "I confess I wasn't considering that. Now that Doji-sama mentions, I do remember rumors about him and forges... a weaponsmith. In any case, as Asahina, it makes sense. I should have paid attention to it more closely. Regardless, honor demands justice."
Oharu waved off such concerns.

"Oh, of course, Seppun-san, most certainly. I just wanted to make sure that you knew who you would be facing off against. A surprise opponent wouldn't be very good when one is trying to center themselves for such an important man, no?"