(D10, LM) Law Abiding Justice

Guest mansion housing an emerald magistrate
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D10, LM) Law Abiding Justice

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:22 pm

Doji Oharu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:02 pm
Oharu waved off such concerns.

"Oh, of course, Seppun-san, most certainly. I just wanted to make sure that you knew who you would be facing off against. A surprise opponent wouldn't be very good when one is trying to center themselves for such an important man, no?"
The young boy's confidence is as big as his lineage, perhaps even more it goes outbound unhealthily. He says, "The will of the Heavens is always backing the righteous. Whomever they may be, I am confident honor will be at my side."

He takes a sip, and curiosity starts to bite. He, of course, connects Asahina Bo –– the mountain of a man –– to be his adversary. "Doesn't matter how tall they are."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Oharu looks questioningly at the young Seppun.

"Hmm, I don't believe Kakita Reina is particularly tall, Seppun-san, unless you are speaking metaphorically. She does stand tall in the esteem of Kakita Toshimoko, and it is, of course, hoped that people look up to the Topaz Champion." he offers, revealing the opponent casually.
Crane Clan * Emerald Magistrate * Lame

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:43 pm

“Ack-Ka-“

Fortunately, all those years of training stopped the boy from simply spitting the thick tea onto Oharu’s face at the startling surprise.

“Kakita R-Reina-sama?!” He manages to say as he clears a sweat drop from his brow with his forearm.

He takes another very sour sip, and his expression shows. “I… I wasn’t expecting the… eto…” he takes another sip and makes the same wincing expression. Looking at the tea, he asks, “Is there citrus in this?”
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:07 am

Oharu nodded.

"A little, I wasn't aware you had sensitivity to it, I can have it replaced if you like." he said. "But hai, Kakita-san is who you will be facing off against. Ah...but do not trouble yourself with the rumors surrounding her participation in the iaijutsu tournament of the Topaz Championship. That was merely a Scorpion plot to bring shame to the Crane by swapping her practice weapon with a real weapon. She would have pulled back had she expected live steel to come from the sheathe."

He took a sip of the tea.

"Of course, this time it's live steel regardless. But knowing that, I'm fully confident that when.....if she draws first, she will have enough control to not leave Seppun-san with any sort of permanent maiming. We don't want to excessively prune the chrysanthemums goes the old joke." he relays.

After all, the Crane clan preferred to cooperate with the Imperial families, but there were stories throughout history of their occasionally being "imperial Gardeners' who cut the heads off of blooms that were proving too difficult to work with.

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:18 am

"Eto. Iie. It is fine." He downs the cup. "If the Fortunes give you lemons... well, I am sure Doji-sama knows the proverb."

He clears his throat, and says, sarcastically, but not even flinching a smile. "Slice them into a good lemonade."

Putting the cup back on the tray, he mentions no more tea would be necessary, unless, of course, Oharu serves him more. He says, "Before I bother Doji-sama even further, as Governor of Chisei, I would like to reaffirm my good standing with the Crane, and also, the Minor Clans, quite well represented here with their welcoming hospitality. I intend to retribute in equal measure as soon as I return to the Capital."

--
Politely setting aside differences to glimpse about the future to gather support from Oharu to fuel the good terms between Minor Clans and the Imperials. Blessed lineage | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image
1Opportunity symbol to reduce strife
+2 Side Goal
DescriptionTheme

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:06 am

Oharu nods.

"Of course, Seppun-san. The Crane are the closest allies of the Imperial families outside of the imperial families. After all, every Emperor has a Doji wife and a Doji mother." he reassures him.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:15 am

"As my own antecessors, Doji-sama." Which are, well, the same. The boy provides another bow and waits to be excused.
DescriptionTheme

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:21 am

Oharu bows without rising to at least save the Seppun the wait for him to rise.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Seppun-san. Carry the Fortunes." he offers.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:23 am

The boy rises, and bows again. Force of habit. Then, he departs.

/scene?
thanks
DescriptionTheme