D8LA, Punishment Detail 2 (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kaikoga Koi

Re: D8LA, Punishment Detail 2 (Open)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:23 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:56 pm
Though Unsei hadn't been seeing much, they went through extreme pains to make sure to see if their path intersected with the moths and how to make that intersection last for as short as possible while still doing what they wanted. This was one such vision and they were not going to stand here longer than necessary, even if it drove them away from conversation.
Hearing the conversation was nearing to a close Koi remained distant, focusing on the Sakura tree in the middle of the temple but would be in full view of the Imperial as she turned to go have a conversation with the Shika.

Koi paused and bowed respectfully low to the Seppun not wanting to make that situation any worse than it already was. "Ah, Seppun-sama good afternoon."

Her eyes flashed to Nesshin wishing internally that she could do telepathy.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:30 pm

Nesshin sees the glance, of course, but he does not intrude upon the conversation.

Is this a play for my benefit? he wonders. Why, though? Is she jealous that Unsei and I...would she be jealous?
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:38 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:23 pm
Koi paused and bowed respectfully low to the Seppun not wanting to make that situation any worse than it already was. "Ah, Seppun-sama good afternoon."
Unsei was more than tempted to keep walking past, but they stopped and looked over at her. There was a second or two of pause before they bowed only as much as utterly necessary before straightening up.

"Is there something you need?" Their voice was perfectly neutral and their face was hidden behind a proper On.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Koi kept her facial expressions dead clam, low and behold the Moth drawing in on all the years spent with an abusive Mother who would wail on her for no reason could create an On that was as good as any courtier.

From Nesshin's perspective knowing Koi intimately and how she lives her life, how happiness fuels her entire being and in the moment her life's lantern is snuffed out entirely. Gone. Blank. Dead.

It felt like Koi was spoiled in some way. It did not suit her but she appeared as any samurai should.

Koi spoke with a controlled cadence, words perhaps delicately chosen and proper. "This One was curious if you have heard the stories pertaining to the Sakura tree within this temple and the Cedar trees in that garden?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:56 pm

Unsei stood there in silence for a few seconds after the question. "No."

Some more painful, tense silence later.

"Why do you ask?" They asked with that unwaveringly monotone voice they had taken.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:44 pm

Koi waited patiently, quietly as her head filled with bees and thoughts.

"It is an interesting story. The Sakura tree is said to be home to Musubi-no-kami and those that sleep under the tree have prophetic dreams, and the cedar trees in the garden are ancient spirit guardians that protect this city and those that sleep under them are protected from bad dreams." Koi said passively, and nodded her head as if to leave before stopping.

She took a moment before rising her hand slightly as if wanting to say something before lowering it and exhales slowly as her On does give away to perhaps regret.

"Seppun-sama, I feel like I got off on the wrong foot with you at some point during this Miai. I am sorry for that, I am terribly nervous about meeting people I have never met before let alone meeting someone as influential as yourself." Koi said the words pouring out.

"I genuinely was looking forward to conversing with you about your technique and share knowledge with you even though clearly less impressive and important as your schools teaching it falls very closely to my Clans teaching compared to any other school that I know." Koi bowed low. "Gomen." She said softly.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:38 pm

They watched impassively as she spoke. Their On did not drop or waver, however. Once she was finished speaking their honey-colored gaze shifted over to the sakura and then to the others before finally settling on the moth once more.

"That is a curious tale, yet I'm sure is has some basis in truth." They murmured, ever still in that polite, flat tone. "Thank you for telling me." They then moved their hands into the sleeves of the opposite hand, bringing their sleeves together in front of them like a scholar giving news another. Their body language was formal, eerily so since the shugenja rarely ever acted formal.

When it came to the rest of the conversation, it took longer to receive a reply. "There have been two incidents. Both of which are the only times I have actually interacted with you in some form. One was on the first day of this Miai where several of us were gathered around. We had left room for you to join in of your own will, but instead you left in what appeared to be a huff because we didn't drag you into the conversation." While explaining, their voice remained polite and flat, without any indication of how they truly felt.

"The second incident was at the seer's meeting. My cousin had asked me for assistance, yet then you and the Kaito found it necessary to offer up help instead, as if in the belief that I was not capable of assisting one of my family... when they had asked for it specifically. You then proceeded to say how there was some sort of concerning omen regarding me. In front of everyone in the room. Yet, I have not seen anything of the sort regarding myself." As before, they spoke in the same politely plain voice.

"I had been interested in speaking with you about the techniques of your school as well, but I have no want to do such anymore. I have no wish to speak with you again, yet that is okay. Not everyone will get along with each other, such is life, and I do not feel as if we shall ever get along. I will do my best to remain courtly when interacting with you when it is absolutely needed, however." They finished, On still intact and tone never giving away anything.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:45 pm

Nesshin does his damnedest not to listen as he continues the cleaning to which he has been assigned.

He really, really does.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:24 pm

Koi stood quietly for a while taking in what the Seppun says with a calm expression. Koi nodded, and bowed again. "I clearly was in the wrong, and I offer my apologies and in future shall learn from my mistakes. Thank you for showing me such a kindness."

The Moth chewed her inner cheek as she thought of what to say but couldn't think of what else to say. "I won't disrupt your time anymore."

She bowed.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:35 pm

"I appreciate it." They bowed, turned, and began to walk away again, but then stopped and looked over their shoulder. "Please wait to talk shit about me to Shika-san until I'm out of earshot, thank you." And then went on walking out of the temple.