(D7, LA) Meditations on Marriage

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D7, LA) Meditations on Marriage

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:51 am

Yasu offers a crooked grin. "Wards would, indeed, make a difference. Hard to tell if the other spirits matter too much without some experimentation." There's a moment of considering what that would look like, how would you bring hostile spirits in to check? "Certainly it sounds like the trickster spirits didn't mind coming around and pestering you, despite Taiko-san's presence."

Yasu shakes her head. "I thought Kyuden Hida was a hive of activity, but that definitely sounds even more so. I was glad to return to the Wastes, honestly. I suppose maybe it's like that in reverse after your missions? With the castle being the comfortable space to return to."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:01 am

"They certainly did not mind, no," he says with a smirk, looking to her. "But my comfortable space is anywhere I can sit and collect my thoughts. Which I can generally do anywhere be in the corner of a busy dojo, at a shrine in a rainstorm, or next to a burning hearth."

He starts to fiddle with his sleeve a bit, not nervously, just to keep his hands occupied. "I had a monk that would visit the castle. We don't get many from Shintao orders at my home. But he liked visiting regularly and he taught me to center my mind. Helped me to see that the sight I have was more than just some random gift, that it could provide purpose. Guided me to a better understanding of my place in the world. Helped me detach from the idea of home as a part of me and realize that home is the world."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:28 am

"Hadn't considered meditation as a way of feeling comfortable like that, before. For me it's more...to order my thoughts, clear my mind to better settle to study or other tasks. Or wrap up thoughts that won't let me go that are clouding things up." Shifting, she draws her knees up before her, wrapping her arms around them, with a quiet smile. "But I like the sound of that. Glad it could let you see the use of your gift...seems a waste of potential when people don't, you know?"

"I admit, hearing of your vast castle, I truly feel provincial for the first time. I knew I was, obviously. Kuni lands are out of the way. I'm not sure any meditation would let me feel at home in..well a lot of the busier parts of the Empire."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:49 am

"It's not for everyone. And I am sure you've noticed by now that I tend to be a bit more outgoing than the stereotypical monk seeking enlightenment. A lot of my meditation is focused more on understanding not just my place in the world in general, but also on understanding the social structures I find myself in. Enlightenment is found on the path, isn't a single goal and has no destination."

He smiles softly to himself.

"And provincial is nice. It lends itself to understanding your own community."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:35 am

"Rather more outgoing, yes. Also...not a monk?" One dark brow lifts quizzically above an amused smirk. "Or did you go retiring since we last spoke?"

"I don't think I've heard many of my kin talk of Enlightenment, honestly." The smile softens to something more pensive. "It's the sort of thing that...hmm... I'm glad there's space for it away from our battles. It's a bit of why it's worth fighting, you know?"

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:23 am

He smirked at that. "Not a monk myself quite yet, just most people likely imagine a monk when thinking about meditation on enlightenment," he says with a chuckle.

"And it's not common among my kin either. We still have not opened the copy of the tao Akodo received at the dawn of the empire. But then it seems to me that it's just a search for what most creatures inherently have: acceptance of truth. And your people seem to get that almost naturally. Perhaps the Crab found enlightenment and we're all just trying to catch up."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:16 am

Yasu chuckles. "I think most Crab would be really surprised to hear that." But she considers the question with some seriousness. "We're not quite as stubborn about Shinsei's lessons, but.." she shrugs, knowing she'd have to dig a bit to even quote the Tao. "I think there are different truths We accept some that others might not, but I'm not sure they're the ones that lead to enlightenment..or any given place. Among us, an acceptance of the same truths lead some to kindness and others to coldness"

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:13 am

"It looks different for everyone, and some find it without searching as hard as others that may never. It's a complex and personal thing but it certainly helps me," he says.

He turns his head to look at her, for a very long moment.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:19 pm

He'll find her, arms around her bent knees, head resting atop them, looking at him. "Enlightenment's helped you? Or Meditation?" Her smile is gently teasing, not really expecting the young Kitsu to claim to _be_ enlightened. Though the smile shifts a bit as the quiet lengthens under his regard, becoming a bit disconcerting. She doesn't need the extra time to burn his eyes into her memory, but waits patiently for a time, searching them, before asking, "what is it?"

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:43 pm

"I have just been struggling inside. And despite this, I think that you have helped me more than I fully realize yet. I'm just not certain I know the question or answer that lies on the periphery of my awareness," he admits. Giving a small smile, he looks away, not wanting to make her more uncomfortable.

"And it's the search that has helped me," he says clarifying the previous answer.