[Day 7, Late Morning] And For My Next Trick(Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 7, Late Morning] And For My Next Trick(Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:24 pm

Moving right along then.

"Oh, I'm not sure it has a name. I know some of the style practiced in the Shiba dojo, but a lot of what I do is what Tessho calls 'whatever works martial arts.' It's a grab-bag of things the various ronin mercenaries know, some stuff I've seen the enemy do, blended with the basics of the Shiab dojo. It's never pretty, but then again a fight isn't a fashion promenade, no?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:34 pm

"I guess your morphology allows you a bit more leeway in the technique you can use. People are not as tall in the Burning Sands as they're here on average – probably something to do with how watery the food is – but still, not going to go for the face as a default. Heck, not going for the kill as a default, just for a way to escape from the mess unharmed, time to put my hands on some weapon that would fix the natural disadvantage of range.

So mostly sweeps, throws, and feints. The 'leave me alone' stuff."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:43 pm

"Ah. Well. I mostly do stuff that's aimed more at maiming or killing my opponent, since if they send me in, it's generally not a finesse job, and getting distance is generally the last thing I want if I happen to be unarmed. So. A lot of joint strikes, a few eye gouges, the odd stranglehold..."

Knees and kicks to the groin, fishhooking, grabbing their head and beating it against the ground, stomping on their heads once they're prone...

He shrugged to keep from shivering.

"Ugly stuff, as I said. My sensei would undoubtedly be horrified by a lot of it. Your way sounds much more... civilized."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:13 pm

"I've trained with wrestlers twice my size and several times my weight. They made me understand that against an enemy with some minimal amount of skill, even the dirtiest tricks cannot compensate for the difference in size and muscles. In such cases, gracefully breaking out from the fight is the only way to win.

The Moto of a bulkier build, who've focused their training on killing people with their bare hands... They're less butterfly and more boar if you catch my drift. In a real fight, they won't hesitate to grab your arm and just break it like a twig."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:37 pm

"Well, I hesitate to say 'good' about anything that sounds like what I do, but I imagine it works for them."
Remember to Breathe