(D7, EM) Small Offerings and Distant Drums

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D7, EM) Small Offerings and Distant Drums

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:28 am

"A miko's colors? Very likely. A Phoenix's would be harder to hang onto if not a Phoenix," Yasu says with Kuni pragmatism. "Can't imagine them not wanting you tending temples though. That's work that always needs doing. And why bring someone in and then ignore their talent?"

"Though I guess I'd have to get used to wasted talent if married out, so it happens."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:33 am

"Not necessarily wasted. Tending to shrines outside the Phoenix would be an interesting experience like right now me tending this temple. I learn about the culture of the Shika and how they rever the Fortune of Marriage." She smiled. "Do you believe learning new customs is a waste?"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:51 am

"Ah no..was talking about myself there" Yasu says with her hand raised in apology. "Should you have a new family, they'd be foolish to keep you from their temples. But for me...maybe among the Inquisitors I could still do research I'd consider worth my time. Nobody else would allow me to study the things I'm trained for. It's...not a matter of new customs as being restrained by some very old and familiar ones."

It does make her think a bit though, "are there temple traditions among the clans that you're particularly interested in? Because no, I don't mind learning new traditions. It was pretty interesting talking about the differences among the Fortune's temples in Lion and Crab lands with Kitsu Murato-san a few days back." She pauses, blinking a bit in surprise. "No, time is really passing, nearly a week back."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:21 am

"I see..." The girl giggled. "So many things have happened in a week. All these contests trying to impress the Shika and meeting so many people it is hard to keep track if time. Thank the Kami that the water stopped falling. I was getting worried that we would be flooded soon"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:45 am

Yasu nods. "The earth here is used to a lot of water. It can hold a lot as long as it doesn't fall too fast. But I *was* starting to worry a bit. Planning to head to the river later today, so I guess I'll see how high that's running."

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:16 pm

"Perhaps my idea of talking to the water kami may not be as silly as I thought." She looked at the overcast. "They may be used to the rain but still the soil saturates and the earth will start to move as well."
Smells like flowers

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:49 pm

Yasu nods once then frowns slightly. "Come to think of it, while this temple is well-tended by someone, the Deer do not have a shugenja tradition, do they? They might read omens and keep a practical eye on the river and the slopes, but I don't know if they have many who can directly ask if the earth is nearly ready to slide away from the hills. It...might indeed be a good idea to check in with them. I think I'll see about heading up onto the higher ground tomorrow."

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:45 pm

She nodded in agreement. "I'll see if I can do something if it continues to rain tomorrow." She sighed. "I just wonder if the fortune tellers could see something we don't."
Smells like flowers

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:50 am

"My divinations are unreliable, at best. Not sure how anyone else's are doing." She chuckles a bit. "Wonder if they'd share some of their divinations for *our* futures with us. But probably not."

______
ooc...ack! Lost this reply in tabs and thought I posted ages ago.

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:27 pm

"I am not really that great but some of my friends back in the the temple had the power to see into the pools and see the future." Oubaihime nodded. "Are there many fortune tellers in the Crab lands?"
Smells like flowers