(D7, EM) Small Offerings and Distant Drums

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D7, EM) Small Offerings and Distant Drums

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:37 am

Yasu nods, considering. "The Phoenix are known for their spirituality, so I'm sure you know more about the Fortune's symbols than I do. I like the idea of getting to set aside fighting for a time to focus on life at home, even if that is...not a separation the Crab get to practice much" She smiles a bit, looking at the spear, "But I'm finding it hard to imagine anyone being lonely for long here. Waiting though. Patience. I can see that for a fortune of marriage."

She taps a foot near her own offering with the little sketch of the knot within a sort of 8-pointed star. "What do you know of the knots then? I sort of took that as the obvious binding of two people together that comes with marriage.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:41 pm

"Oh... not two people binded...."She looked at the bracelet in her wrist. "it is the union of the many strands that composes the rope. It is the union of friends, families and clans." She explained. "Some people see this more like a duty than an opportunity and do not socialize to seek what they are supposed do." The Kaito sighed "A blessing from Musubi no kami is easier in an this kind of scenario than just parents negotiating children for the clan well being."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:52 pm

Yasu nods, smiling softly. "All those strands, not just one knot. You'd think I'd know to look a bit deeper and understand that." She nods, looking again to her own offering. "Even so, I think placing it within Kisshoten's sign wasn't wrong. Not for my clan."

"I think that sometimes the happiness within a marriage is also important for the clan's well-being. For my Family, our duty is that much harder without a peaceful home to return to, and to protect." Her fingers of her right hand find the jade beads on the other wrist, idly fidgeting with them, even as Oubaihime's glance drew her eyes to the woven work guarding the Kaito's wrist. "The Yasuki would have made my match if it was going to be political. The process definitely harder this way. Getting attached, not knowing for sure how the Deer will decide."

"But also...heartening?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:14 pm

"It brings people hope and a fresh view on things. That our enemies are not that bad." She nodded as she noted the jade. "There are things that we battle that are not easy as to take a weapon and pierce the skin, nor magic that can fix. That is what many seem to have woven and now the knots have to be tied."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:49 pm

"hmm? what many seem to have woven? All these fights in our own hearts, you mean?" She offers an honestly quizzical look. The Kuni being scholarly, but far less mystical than pretty much any Phoenix other than Raizo, isn't entirely sure she's picking up the right meaning. "At least, to talk to folks, there seem to be a lot of hearts divided. Perhaps a little assessment of what strengthens their clan. And a lot of uncertainty about which knots the Deer will chose to tie."

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:32 pm

"Hai..." The Kuni had explained it quite well. "The Shika are quite the hosts. This temple is quite the symbolic for this event." She looked at the cherry tree. "This day seem ephemeral compared to what it will happens next"
Smells like flowers

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:41 pm

"Like a bit of sun in the middle of a rainy season?" Yasu smiles. It's not that often she has something mildly poetic to offer. "But yeah, vigilance and knots and an ancient tree that's been here longer than my grandparents but says everything's temporary feels about right."

Looking to the shrine maiden, she asks. "I'm curious, but you don't have to answer just for my sake. I can see pretty clearly things that I think would be good for my family and clan here. But what's that kind of duty mean for you? With a very small family and a really different duty for them, I'm trying to imagine."

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:05 pm

"The sun is quite welcomed." She gave it some thought. "We all have our reasons. I feel I am here to aid people... to see the world by my eyes."
Smells like flowers

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:05 pm

Her mouth opens to speak, closes with a smile of amused confusion to think a moment longer, and then laughs. "You've done that pretty well here, then." She waves at all the symbols she's gotten to reassess. "And thank you for that, by the way. You're a lot kinder in presenting your view than my mother, who was born to the Phoenix too."

She pauses, in deeper thought. "Then...do you think the Deer will match you away from your family? To take your eyes out into the Empire to help more people?

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:35 pm

"I don't know but perhaps I can keep my colors but tend the temples of the land of who they chose for this one." She nodded.
Smells like flowers