[D4, EM]The Thunder Rolls (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kaito Oubaihime

Re: [D4, EM]The Thunder Rolls (Open)

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:18 pm

"Ah... Thank you..."The Kaito took a seat. "I... I hope i didn't interrupted your prayers."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:32 pm

"Not at all," he replies with a shake of the head, before pulling out a small pack with a kumihimo braiding kit.

"So, do you think Musubu-no-kami is enjoys watching miais?" he asks with curiosity. He starts setting up the braiding stand, using blue and brown thread.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:04 am

"I think so...many people meeting each other to find a good match to get married. So I think the fortune can be pleased by such things." She looked at the small contraption with the many strings. "What are you making?"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:09 am

"Kumihimo," he states, moving the tread bobbins around. "I am braiding rope from thread in patterns. The same sort of small rope you might hang a decoration or charm off of your obi with. Im doing just small ones with 8 strands, but somar produced with as many as 32. And I am not good at it, but I am trying to overcome my poor precision."

----

D4 EM, Design [Fire], Simple 2 color Kumihimo, Clumsiness | TN: 1 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
Success, 1 extra success makes it sturdier, 1Opportunity symbol negates 1Strife symbol
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:02 am

The Kaito smiled. "I see..." It was not really her question but the answer was quite the explanation. "Do you wish to add to the collection of knots in the temple?" She wondered.
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:25 am

He didn't really realize he was overexplaining. He was just a little bit excited about his new hobby.

"I would like to add a knot to the temple, but I also don't want to jump to any conclusions. There are many wonderful candidates here that might yet gain the favor and hearts of those I have expressed interest to. Only Musubi-no-kami sees how all the knots fit together I imagine."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:04 pm

"Mmm" She nodded. "It can be an offering to what you hope and wish. Giving the fortune an offering is not unheard-of it is quite common. People who come here to give the prayers and gift to the fortune are probably not quite sure what the future may bring but they please the fortune." She looked at the Cherry tree. "I think you be blessed by what you really want."
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:18 pm

"What I really want..." he trails off as he continues braiding.

"I suppose what I really want at this point is to know what I want. This whole process is complex and has many moving parts. The Deer have their part in it, we have ours. It's not a simple thing to figure out and I've questioned some things. But I just have to continue to put faith in the Shika's experience and expertise."

----

D4 EM, Agenda targeting Kaito Oubaihime, Courtesy [Water] | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
Success 2 points, 1Opportunity symbol negates 1Strife symbol

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:03 pm

"Something that not many samurai practice is hearing one's own heart. Perhaps in this short time you will meet the one that makes your heart skip a beat." Oubaihime kept her gaze at the tree. "That is what I guess Musubi no Kami wants for all here... to have that skip of a beat or the wonderment that the tree makes us feel." It is part of a shrine maiden's duty to help guide the lost souls.
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:25 pm

"Perhaps that is the case. Maybe Musubu-no-kami wants us to figure out what we want on our own, and only blesses those that do," he says with a shrug. "But even if I want to know, I also know that it is just a want. That I will live without it until I have or need it. Someday I will know, just not right at this moment. And what is it that you want?"