(D2, LA) Admiring the View

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Seppun Yuzu

(D2, LA) Admiring the View

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:34 pm

The young Governor strolls around the temple as he waits for another participant of the miai to arrive. He had to pay respects, after all. He was also curious.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kakita Reina

Re: (D2, LA) Admiring the View

Post by Kakita Reina » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:07 pm

Reina was a bit nervous. Seppun Yuzu was a powerful man who could possibly represent a way to advance her ideas. After all, as governor of Chisei, he surely knew of the struggles of the minor clans trying to make their voices heard within the courts. But she did not know him. Perhaps he was as content to keep things as they were as Oharu was. Perhaps all he wanted was to boost his own standing and add a pretty little topaz to his list of conquests....

Stop. she could hear Toshimoko-sensei tell her. If you do not master yourself, your enemies will. She took a breath, found her center, and proceeded into the temple after cleansing.

She offered a respectful bow to the Seppun.

"Seppun-sama, I am honored to have a chance to meet with you here." she offered with a nice bow. "I am Kakita Reina, Topaz Champion. Have you had rice today?"
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:41 pm

The powerful man turns around as he hears the greeting, and is, instead, just a tall boy. Quite skinny at a first glance. His caramel eyes take a moment to adjust as they lay over the Kakita.

The Topaz Champion. Trained by the most famous duelist of all time, if not Kakita and Mirumoto themselves. Also lithe. Pretty. Successful. Epitome of perfection for any samurai.

Yuzu wasn't expecting all that to be true and come in a single package.

He freezes.
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:55 pm

The silence stretched out for quite an uncomfortable time. At least until etiquette dictated that it might be polite to make sure the Seppun hadn't suddenly been frozen in time by trickster spirits.

"Ah...Seppun-sama, are you alright?" the melodic voice asked steeped in concern.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:02 pm

"Alright? Hai. I am. Shit-shitsurei shimassu." He nearly bows more than he should, but he stops midway. Clearing his throat, he says, as his teenager voice pitches high to low, "Hajimemashite. Seppun Yuzu desu, Governor of Chisei. Please, treat me well."
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:32 pm

"Ah, of course, Seppun-sama," she said with another bow just for good measure. "I trust that you have been enjoying the hospitality of the Deer clan?"

It was about as small as small talk could go, but it was a fairly safe starting point.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:04 am

"Hai, I have indeed. Although I confess Shika Pei-Pei-sama wasn't half the terror other have said she would be." He says, serious. Then asks, "How about Kakita-sama?"
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:25 am

Reina nods.

"The Deer have been generous hosts. I think Shika Pei-Pei-sama is very focused on her duties. For some, this might show less courtesy than they think they are owed, or perhaps they find her extra frightening because of her very direct influence on their lives. After all, she will be very responsible for who you share the rest of your life with. Not that we are truly ever the sole masters of our fate." she replies.

She takes a moment to appreciate the large tree in the center of the temple.

"Of course, some have more control over their lives than others. Wouldn't you agree, Seppun-sama?" she said.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:23 am

He nods, "I have very similar thoughts. We're not truly masters of our fates, but we can certainly act upon it for good or worse. As for having control in our lives... well..." He takes a deep breath, "The higher one goes into the Celestial Order, the less one's life is their own, and more of the Order itself."

The boy nearly blushes at the pious gesture the Kakita performs, but avoids showing any satisfaction in having watched the scene by moving his own eyes to the tree, as well. He mentions, "Did you know that Musubi-kami was a Fortune venerated at the times of Hantei Genji-shiryo-heika?"
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:41 pm

Reina nods.

"I am given to understand that the vernation of Musubi even predates the Fall of the Kami. Though truly, the involvement of the Kami must have elevated it, both from the guidelines laid out by Lady Doji, and the Kami's own marriages as they truly joined with the mortals of the world. A marriage in more than one sense truly."

She smiled a bit.

"Can you picture the first Imperial Wedding between Hantei-no-Kami and Doji Mioko, Seppun-sama? What do you think it must have been like?"