(D2, LA) Admiring the View

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D2, LA) Admiring the View

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:34 pm

Did he smile?

Maybe for a fraction of a heartbeat. One as good as the Kami themselves would definitely notice, or one as good as the best duelists in Rokugan potentially.

The boy presses his lips before saying, "I can only imagine. It sounds so perfectly balanced. Doji Mioko-shiryo the daughter of a fisherman with a Kami. Herself so beautiful and blessed the very fish were attracted to her as she passed by. No wonder why her own father hid her away from the recently appointed Emperor. She got all the skills to put food at the table for a while village."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:48 pm

"Ah, if only we had her skills today." Reina said with a hint of sorrow.

The past couple of years had not been kind to the Crane on the food front.

She shook her head.

"But it would not do to be greedy, ne? Her bloodline and many many other bloodlines of the house of Doji have been intertwined with the Imperial families since nearly the dawn of the Empire. We are truly blessed to have been so fortunate to so closely serve the Imperial families with all the grace of Lady Doji herself." she said, emphasizing the connection between the Crane and the Imperials.
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:23 am

He tilts his head, "I also fail to see why it would be greedy. Good skills and blessings are always good to have around, and often never enough for the problems the Empire faces."

A pang of modesty comes across him, and he looks to the ground –– yet, it partially serves to fuel up his pride, "I am one to be thankful more than anyone else, then, as I descend from her progeny."

Looking up again to Reina, he highlights, "It is no wonder that the Crane have their main Embassy right next to Seppun Hill."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:35 am

Reina nodded.

"It has been there, much as the Crane have been by the Emperor's side, for a very long time indeed." she agreed, mulling over some of her thoughts.

"But Seppun-sama is the governor of Chisei district yes? That must entail a great many unique challenges. I'd be really interested on hearing more about how Seppun-sama has faced them."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:49 am

Kakita Reina wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:35 am
-snip-
"Hai, I am." The boy says, nearly sighing, then comments, " I imagine they are not as exciting and glorious as the challenges of the Topaz Armor brings." He says, felling the weight of have not done jack over his shoulders now that he faces s true Champion. "I have governor for about two weeks. My first big challenge is... eto... getting betrothed."
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:51 pm

Reina favored him with a smile.

"To be fair, Seppun-sama, that is a very important duty. The person you are paired with can be your greatest ally or your greatest enemy for the rest of your life. Depending on whether they're working with you in harmony, or working against you in anger."

She motions to one of the knots placed around the shrine.

"Two ropes can be strong, but if tied correctly, the bond they form is more powerful than either of them alone."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:40 pm

The boy observes the rope and knot for a couple of moment and then looks back to Reina, providing a good, solid bow. He adds, "Kakita-sama's wisdom is welcomed. Thank you. I won't forget this lesson."

Then, he looks to the sun setting and takes a deep breath, "Could I... could I walk with Kakita-sama back to the Inn? Not that the Topaz Champion would need a yojimbo, of course, but just out of being polite and... all that."
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:14 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:40 pm
The boy observes the rope and knot for a couple of moment and then looks back to Reina, providing a good, solid bow. He adds, "Kakita-sama's wisdom is welcomed. Thank you. I won't forget this lesson."

Then, he looks to the sun setting and takes a deep breath, "Could I... could I walk with Kakita-sama back to the Inn? Not that the Topaz Champion would need a yojimbo, of course, but just out of being polite and... all that."
Reina offered him a gentle smile.

"Of course, Seppun-sama. A walk together is more pleasant than one alone, ne?" she offered.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:44 pm

He nods and holds a smile.

/Scene?
DescriptionTheme