D2 EE - To the fallen (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsu Moshumaru

D2 EE - To the fallen (Open)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:58 pm

Local incense, that's what I forgot yesterday.

Approaching the shrine, the Kitsu carried a small box, containing the elements necessary to conduct a mourning rite.

Within the temple, he lit incense to his recently clientele - among them, one Shika Soboku and a Togashi Itsuki.

May the fortunes bless your passage to the ancestors. I have done what I can for you in this life.

With a final clap, he completed the rite and took to enjoying the evening atmosphere.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kitsuki Hajime

Re: D2 EE - To the fallen (Open)

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:17 pm

Emerging from the darkness to partake in quiet contemplation of Musubi's power, Hajime hesitated a moment upon seeing the Kitsu already at prayer. Realizing fairly quickly that it was a question of reverence for the dead, Hajime followed the Kitsu's lead in offering his respects. He hadn't the slightest idea who was being honored, but he meditated on the concept of death with some reverence anyway.

So it was that the Kitsu heard a second clap, and may well have seen Hajime rising from his bow as well.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:26 pm

The Kitsu felt some peace in the second clap, knowing that the person he heard join him had not come to take his life.

Yet.

He turned to the arrival and bowed deeply - he looked for heraldry, but in the weather and time before speaking he found none. Nevertheless, his tone spoke with deep reverence and respect - as one would give for the dead.

"Dragon-san, thank you for joining me in mourning. Though we may mourn for different individuals, it is welcoming to know those who fall are not forgotten. This one is Kitsu Moshumaru - I am obituarian for the Ikoma libraries."
PM if thread desired

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:46 pm

"This one is Kitsuki Hajime, the court poet of Kitsuki Shunsuke." Hajime smiled gently. "Your praise is appreciated, Kitsu-sama, but unnecessary. It merely seemed the proper thing to do." He paused. "Are you open to company for a time?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:27 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:46 pm
"This one is Kitsuki Hajime, the court poet of Kitsuki Shunsuke." Hajime smiled gently. "Your praise is appreciated, Kitsu-sama, but unnecessary. It merely seemed the proper thing to do." He paused. "Are you open to company for a time?"
The Kitsu smiled in return.

"I am. It is good to enjoy the spring after the winter, no?"
PM if thread desired

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:32 pm

Hajime smiled and took in the night air. "Hai, I think so." A short pause. "It does seem like spring arrives more quickly here than in the mountains." He paused again. "You say you write obituaries?" He tilted his head. "That seems a demanding role. What is it like?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:53 pm

"Fulfilling."

The word arrives in the Kitsu's mouth without hesitation.

"Not that there is a joy to death, but my work helps provide the family and their descendants with a final, righteous and honourable last record of those they have lost. In so doing, we can truly learn how they tread upon the path of righteousness, and pave the way for generations to come. Like finishing construction of a small bridge, you know?"
PM if thread desired

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:21 pm

Hajime nodded slowly. "I think I do." He tilted his head. "It must be ever so interesting, finding the right themes to commemorate. You must learn a great deal from the lives you study."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:26 pm

The Kitsu nodded.
"Indeed, we can learn a lot from our peers. That said, I imagine you must have wisdom I could never hope to reach from writing poetry - while my work is grounded, you are allowed to let words soar in ways I can only stare at in awe."
PM if thread desired

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:23 pm

Hajime preened under the praise, a soft blush just forming on his cheeks. I mean, how could anyone not? But his eyes held just a little sadness. "I would like to think that I can do that, Kitsu-sama. And I think I have once or twice, but a court poet's requirements are often set at less lofty goals. What I write when my lord does not require my presence often searches out a different subject matter and a different class of feelings."