[D2, MA] I Still Say Musubi is Food.

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D2, MA] I Still Say Musubi is Food.

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:25 am

"I don't have much of an issue with more tea" he said. "If that's all I can do for you it doesn't seem quite fair, considering." She had peformed what he assumed was her specialty for him.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:11 am

Koi mused for a moment at the Scorpions words imagining the shenanigans should could do with the assistances of the Scorpion.

Imagining for a brief moment having him sneak into the library to seek out her Clan's records, or finding where that specific guard lived and filled his sake supply with enough laxative that perhaps he could become a new source of mountain spring water.

Or, perhaps something more violent.

And for a moment a darkness filled her mind, an end to her abusive Mother. Throat slit, or a poison fed, or an accident riding with a family friend. Koi felt her hand shake slightly before she tightened her grip and pushed through that for just a brief second all ending with a very brief pained expression on her face.

By the kami, I genuinely considered it. Koi thought about it and immediately regretted it.

Glancing up at the Scorpion with a warm smile thought brittle. "Tea would just be fine, I do not want to impose anything of the sort upon you Shosuro-sama. Consider it a foundation to build a friendly understanding of one another."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:33 pm

Hikimasu has very strong powers of human perception. It wasn't perfect, but generally he can see what someone is going through, even if he doesn't feel what they feel.

He hadn't expected such a mixed reaction from her. Something weighed on the Moth, heavily. His guess was an abusive superior, or worse, a relative. He hoped he wasn't right, not as if that were his business, but he didn't want that idea going through his mind every time he saw her.

"Tea then", he answered. "Maybe you can let me ramble about this book."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:32 pm

Koi gave a smile that was warm, and mostly genuine. It was clear that this conversation to her had come to a natural close.

"Yes, that sounds wonderful Shosuro-sama I shall be at your convenience." She said with a polite bow before she pauses, and looks up at the tree. "A final thought perhaps..." She alluded too as she picked up her bags, and blanket.

"We do not get to choose how we start out in life. We do not get to choose the day we are born or the family we are born into, what we are named at birth, what clan we are born in, and we do not get to choose our ancestry. All these things are predetermined by a higher power. By the time you are old enough to start making decisions for yourself, a lot of things in your life are already in place and even then someone is there to determine your position in the world. It’s important, therefore, that you focus on the future, the only thing that you can change..."

She raised a brow and shrugged. "For those that are trapped, suffocated by social norms, alone, isolated, confused, hurt, abandoned, neglected or needing a good conversation. Divination can be used to give them hope, a reason to continue so all of this.." She motioned towards the area around them as monks, bushi, heimin and such. "Continues on as normal. Those who are fortunate might not find the fortune worthwhile but I have helped people dragging themselves through loss, grief and pain because those that mean something to them were taken from them and they were lost in the dark. A moth's divination is just an implement for compassion. We are a lantern in the dark."

The Moth shrugged and a smile, bowed and said softly. "Take care, Shosuro-sama."

/scene?
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:45 pm

The Scorpion stood and bowed. He knew all that, not like he was a know it all, but it was something innate to a samurai's life. Even a peasant's life.

"I will keep my lantern lit then as well, in the case you require guidance of your own. Compassion should move in two directions", he said. It wasn't much, but Hikimasu understood that most people give advice they would want to hear.

(sounds good unless you got anything else)
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Koi smiled warmly. "Thank you. Enjoy your book."

She pauses before stopping. "Oh, by the way the lead dies in the end after saving the girl." She said playfully before scampering off!

/scene.