[D2, MA] I Still Say Musubi is Food.

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D2, MA] I Still Say Musubi is Food.

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:34 pm

Hikimasu returned to the temple the second official day of the miai, considering events to that point. He had done well enough with the Shika lord, not upsetting him and getting him to accept the gift. Earlier that morning he'd met the nakodo and seemed to have pleased her as well. Was this going...well?

Certainly it couldn't be. He scratched the back of his head, looking at the cherry tree. The two Otter clan maidens were so far his general focus, but it was early. He had to admit he had developed quite a boyish crush on Emiko but he didn't know if that meant anything. He'd done so before plenty and, well...to say he'd had any romantic involvement, of his own accord, up to this point would be a lie.

He sighed but managed to keep most of it in, folding his arms into his black kimono.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D2, MA] I Still Say Musubi is Food.

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Koi had escaped the Market and decided she needed a little me time and enjoyed the company of the temple now she understood the ability of the temple, and the small secret she hadnt told anyone really about.

The Moth was sat beside the tree on a small blanket, which she had laid out in order to work with some wood - cedar - like the trees in the garden but unlikely from the same plant.

She was working with her tools, quietly for a while enjoying the peace it allowed her reducing the chaos of the world around her but there was focus in each move of the chisle, or flick of the sanding file.

The blanket was laid out so all mess would remain there allowing her the ability to work in most places and not cause a mess. Koi worked the wood with the carefully like she had been doing it for a long time, the wood itself had begun to form a small Stag with a red hue behind the sawdust.

Koi worked well, she felt good at what she was doing even as thoughts of her day pounded into her mind. As she reached a point where it was good to stop she spotted a Scorpion had entered the temple, and she felt her heart tighten.

Just great she though. Couldn't be any worse than a Scorpion.

Still - Book cover and all that kabuki as they say..."Ah, Scorpion-sama a good evening to you." She said from her spot, bowing her head respectfully.

D2: MA Fire/Labour. Wood working. | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:09 pm

Hikimasu noted the woman doing her woodwork. It seemed interesting, but she also seemed to be doing well for herself. He could go a long way to not interrupt her, honestly.

Still, she greeted him. As usual, he wondered if Benten really was out to get him. Was it better to leave himself with his own thoughts and let her be in peace? Pretend he didn't hear? His mouth quirked under his mask. Maybe she was nice? He vaguely recalled her entering the castle around the same time as him.

Deciding he could at least say hello, he approached slowly and took out his book as he did so.

"Good afternoon", he said, not quite looking at her. "I am Shosuro Hikimasu, I haven't come to interrupt." He held the book up a moment and sat not far from her, leaving it open if she wanted to talk, of course it could be taken than he wanted to be left alone, but he was used to not being understood no matter what he did.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:31 pm

Koi smiled warmly at the Scorpion, it was genuine and kind as she had no real motivation to dislike the man exceot that his clan was very, very dangerous and a fool would forget that about the Clan.

"Greetings Shosuro-sama, I have no doubt that was not your intention for after all it was I that addressed you but equally speaking stay a while, and perhaps if you feel up to it we can speak when you are ready." Koi said with a calming cadence, light and at ease almost meditative.

She noticed the book with mild interest but continued to work on the deer with patient grace.

Koi beautiful, and focused continued to work on the carving for a while more allowing peace to fall between them meerly enjoying the company of a person nearby rather than a conversation.

[Using time to pursue passion. Recover + 3 Strife.]

Eventually, perhaps 45 minutes, the Moth stops to stretch her back and neck having become very focused in her work she was stiff. Reaching into a small bag she produced a small corked bottle, and two wooden glasses carved by her no less.

"I have some barley tea with some mint and lemon, onigiri with some red bean paste would you care for some Shosuro-sama?" She said pouring herself a glass and unrolling the handmade onigiri.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:37 pm

It was a pleasant silence. The book continued to twist and turn. Apparently the ice queen had a past with one of the their lord's hatamoto, but he failed to live up to her standards, yet it was a complication for our hero nonetheless.

When Koi spoke up about food and tea Hikimasu's head raised slightly, eyeing container. His hand flickered into his sleeve and from it came a cup with three foxes dancing on it. He placed it down next to him.

"Thank you", he said quietly, flicking a page over. He'd wait for further comment until he felt he noticed more and could be comfortable holding conversation.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Koi poured into the glass produced, and slide over an onigiri for him to enjoy. The tea was refreshing, and well brewed the lemon really brought a pleasant citrus kick to it. "Gomen, I notice you are reading your book quite thoroughly and I do not mean to disturb you. I hope you don't not mind me sharing a space with you, and just enjoying the company."

She sipped her tea first, indicating that she was comfortable drinking it and not wanting to cause any distrust between them as well as taking a bite of her own onigiri.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:37 pm

The Shosuro nodded, turning another page. This went on for a bit. He wanted to say don't worry about it, but he was in no position considering.

Eventually, he drank the tea and ate the food, giving a quiet itedakimasu before taking his first bite.

"You do good work", he said eventually. Either about the carving, the food, or her hospitality.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:52 pm

Koi showed the same manners, and sat in silence looking at the tree with a small comfort which when paired with tea, or the food it was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

"Thank you." She said calmly, and finished her tea.

Refilled her own and placed it beside them in case of the Scorpion decided he wanted a refill.

Koi went back to studying the wood for a while, and sighed as the creativity returned in the form of inspiration.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:05 pm

Wait a minute, how convoluted was this story going to get? The hero has a kouhai, a younger man who is hitting on him now? Is this just some writer's vanity harem project?!

He flipped a page calmly and placed his cup out for a refill.

tsk.

"Kaikoga-san", he said, and waited to see if she'd reply, not looking up from the book.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:14 pm

Koi had not yet gotten back to carving but was inspecting the wood with curiousity. Noticing the tea cuo being presented, and she hadnt actually started yet she poured the tea pointly.

"There you go." She said happily, before pausing and poured herself another glass finishing the bottle. She placed the bottle away, and smiled contently.

"Is it good?" She asked, politely either meaning the book or the refreshments.