[D1, EA, open] Just taking a look

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D1, EA, open] Just taking a look

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:58 pm

"Nonsense," Ishioka says, quietly but forcefully. He's still contemplating the tree, or whatever it is the tree had prompted him to think about. "You know how to take care of me," he says, perhaps not having thought through the word choice.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:08 pm

"I hope so Lion sama." She smiled. "Still, it seems this one has touched a place she shouldn't have."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:33 pm

The Lion grunts, confused. He looks at Oubaihime, then realizes what she must think.

"Oh, the tree? No... This was a happy think. About possibility, and being better than might be expected. It is..." He stops and exhales, clearly choosing words carefully. "It is not exactly related to the thing we spoke... well, the thing we specifically didn't speak about yesterday."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:39 pm

"As I said yesterday, when you are ready just let this one know. I will not push will try to be more sensitive." The Kaito looked up the tree. "It is amazing how it has lasted from before Lord Hantei Genji sama." She changed the subject.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:27 pm

"Kaito-san," he says with a tiny puff of exasperation. Quietly but intensely he says, "You are already being most sensitive to my feelings." When she glances at him, the Matsu gives her an affectionate grin -- not exactly a full smile, but perilously close to one. After that small moment, he returns his eyes to the tree.

"The endurance of the tree is most impressive," he agrees. "My Kaiu grandfather would call it a great example of 'sticking with what works.' Clearly the Shika and their ancestors know not to interfere with methods that are working." He chuckles lightly, but his face is calmed again before she can look over. "I think the same seems to be true in matchmaking," he says. "I'm hopeful that the matches made at this miai will be most harmonious, especially for my clanmates. A clan known for war can be many more things beneath the surface, hm? Just like a stone may be something more beneath its surface." With a touch of the grin back, Ishioka looks at the Phoenix beside him.

----------------------
Agenda roll:
Courtesy Water to Charm Kaito Oubaihime with agenda: An ancestor of the Shika will bless the marriages of the Lion. | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
Opportunity to clear the strife. Pass w/2 bonus success = 3 points for that agenda?
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:18 am

Oubahime smiled at the Lion. "Nature is amazing and the fortunes will grant you what you so wish." She looked at the tree. "Many clans have many ideals... not just what people think of them. The Lion are not just a war fairing clan but one filled with the honor to be the guardians of the Empire, a duty that few understand. A clan that understands bushido with compassion and honesty. That will fight the injustice with sincerity and courage." She nodded to the tree. "Masabi no kami would be pleased."
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:12 am

Oubaihime's kind words shift Ishioka from smirking to eye brows raised to a full on smile at the maiden.

"Kaito Oubaihime-san," he says, pride evident in his voice. "You are most kind, as I already knew... I might wish that such compliments from you are reserved to my clan or to just a handful, but I think that you are so wise and kind that you could say similarly lovely things about any clan." Ishioka smiles wide, his eyes warm and friendly - clearly he's not too distressed about Oubaihime being nice to everyone.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:16 pm

The shrine maiden smiled once again. "I am just a simple monk guiding a soul in search for enlightenment and inspiration from the fortunes, Lion sama. This one is honored to see you smile and in the light of water."
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:49 pm

The Lion bows his head in respectful agreement.

"Although, if Kaito-san will permit me to argue slightly, I do not believe that she is very simple. The insight to share wisdom and the patience to share kindness are not easy to find, and yet Kaito-san has found both. What is simple on the surface can be complex beneath it, hm?"

Ishioka raises his eyebrow to accentuate the question, but doesn't force Oubaihime to answer. "Of course, I have taken much of your time, and shouldn't continue to do so," he says politely, turning slightly to suggest he'll depart.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:26 pm

Oubaihime bowed. "See you around Lion sama... If you need anything please let me know."

She continued with her tasks.
Smells like flowers