[D1, EA, open] Just taking a look

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Matsu Ishioka

[D1, EA, open] Just taking a look

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:34 am

Matsu Ishioka, on another semi-random stroll to explore the town, had this time encountered a rather exceptional looking temple that he didn't really know how to react to. He'd heard something about a famous temple to Musubi and guessed that this must be it, though he was certainly no student of theology.

Having stood outside briefly outside and considered his options, the imposing looking Lion had started toward the entrance of the temple. Probably worth a look around, he thought, though zero emotion showed in his eyes or elsewhere on his face.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: [D1, EA, open] Just taking a look

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:56 pm

After returning the clothes, Oubaihime had returned to the temple to continue her duties as shrine maiden. She smiled and nodded to the Lion, knowing he is a man of few words. She decided to continue her duties as miiko taking a broom and starting to sweep. She hummed a jolly tune.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:42 pm

Ishioka remembered his Phoenix friend, a tiny smile accompanying his nod in reply. He pauses to consider, Should I go talk to her? She could at least tell me about the temple. As he ponders, he realizes that he's basically watching the woman sweep. Agh. Rude.

Walking quietly in respect of the temple, Ishioka approaches Oubaihime. "Good day, Kaito-san," he says, voice level like usual. "I was wondering, ah, if you might tell me about this temple. I am no student of theology, but it is a most interesting design and all."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:59 pm

The Kaito nodded and smiled politely. "Of course Lion sama. I'll give you the tour." She bowed and motioned to follow her. "This is the temple of Musubi, one of the fortunes of old. This fortune represent marriage." She walked toward the cherry tree. "As you see the knots, is a symbol that show the unity of two ropes which it also symbolizes the intertwine of the many strands that life has given both."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:07 pm

The Lion nods in understanding, face remaining impassive. He says, with a little warmth in his voice, "I like that symbolism." After a pause, he adds, "'Fortune of old'? There are..." His eyes dart around in his head as he searches for the right words. And doesn't find them: "Some fortunes are... older than the seven Fortunes?"
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:35 pm

She nodded. "Yes some fortunes are older than others. This one predates the empire. Musubi is one of three that were allowed to be kept." She continued to explain. "The tree can be said to represent the fortune for it is not female nor male."
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:49 pm

The Lion's face shows a bit of appreciation for the history. At mention of the tree, he looks up at it. "Like a tree, from the seed of one marriage can grow a strong, beautiful family," he observes, a poetic moment of thinking out loud. He continues to look at the tree, seeming deep in the thought about family.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:01 pm

She points to the spear that is planted on front of the tree. "The spear is another symbol that one must understand that there will be some discord between the parties and war may ensue yet..." Points to the knotted ropes in the tree. "The unity lingers on the ones in the matrimony."
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:21 pm

The Lion chuckles out loud at mention of the spear and war. "My parents are both warriors, but they managed great unity in their marriage," he says, though there's an undercurrent of... disappointment? to the remark.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:33 pm

"I apologize sama that the story is not quite as exciting as one might believe." She bowed. "Perhaps this one is not the right person to speak of the temple so freely... I could fetch you a monk from the temple if you so wish."
Smells like flowers