[Day 1 EM Open] Cleansing and Rites

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsu Murato

Re: [Day 1 EM Open] Cleansing and Rites

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:46 pm

"Of course," he replied.

"And a little bit of rain never hurt. Wouldn't an umbrella be an insult to the water kami?" he asked with a playful tone and a smirk, before heading off to collect some fallen leaves.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:09 am

"May be but one must be prepare when one doesn't know what the kami have in store." She nodded. The young Kaito prepared the clothes to be dried and the ofuda scroll to make the prayer for the ritual. Hopefully this will go smoothly and nothing bad would happen.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:29 am

Murato returns with the leaves, carrying a small pile of them in both hands. He carried them as though they were incredibly heavy, faking heavy breathing. "Ooof. You should have sent someone stronger. I'm not used to carrying anything heavier than a single sheet of paper," he says poking fun at his own profession. "Working in nature is much harder than a bureaucrat's work."

He wiped the rain from his own brow with a smile to Oubaihime.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:30 pm

(GM Note: Two threads in the same time slot in the same location. Topics merged. Please try to make sure when crafting a thread someone else hasn't alrady started one in the same place and time)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

[D1, EM] To Be A Good Shugenja

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:10 pm

There were many things that Unsei was, and being a devote Shugenja was surprisingly one of them. It's not exactly a temple to a fortune they want to pray at, but at the end of the day, a temple is a temple and a temple is where the shugenja was going to pray. So, with a bowed head, they walked in and instead of actually praying, they found a broom and began sweeping. Though their parents didn't teach them much, Unsei knew that it was always best to show reverence by maintaining the temple, so they did.

One sweep of manual labor at a time.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Re: [D1, EM] To Be A Good Shugenja

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:25 pm

A Dragon samurai in a dark green kimono dropped a couple zeni into the offering box, before strolling in to admire the large central cherry tree. He glanced curiously over at Unsei as they swept the courtyard.
Dragon Clan ◆ Bushi ◆ Courtier ◆ Yoriki
Average Great Clan samurai ◆ Reputable ◆ Honor is the ideal
carries: jian, wakizashi, calligraphy set
he stares too much ◆ a green tassel with decorative knots hangs from his sword pommel

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D1, EM] To Be A Good Shugenja

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:28 pm

Thank the Stars.

It was a breathless sigh of relief. Somebody had walked in, so they could finally stop sweeping and start talking again. Not that sweeping was a bad thing, but Unsei much prefered talking to actually working.

"Oh, hello there." They said with a gentle smile. The clothes they wore weren't in the colors of the Seppun, but the mons upon their chest told that they were both a Seppun and an Astrologer.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:31 pm

(Again, one location one timeslot one thread, unless it's something like the inn.)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Then Unsei seemed to realize something, so they set the broom back in it's place, bowed to the Dragon and everyone across the courtyard.

"Just remembered I've got to go do something, so have a good morning!"

And then started to head out.
Last edited by Seppun Unsei on Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:05 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:29 am
Murato returns with the leaves, carrying a small pile of them in both hands. He carried them as though they were incredibly heavy, faking heavy breathing. "Ooof. You should have sent someone stronger. I'm not used to carrying anything heavier than a single sheet of paper," he says poking fun at his own profession. "Working in nature is much harder than a bureaucrat's work."

He wiped the rain from his own brow with a smile to Oubaihime.
"My apologies sama but...the work has to be done." She smiled. "I am ready." She takes the oh so heavy leaves from the Kitsu and chuckle. "I must be stronger than you." She started the ritual by tossing the leaves up in the air. Then she prayed stating that the leaves were offerings to the air kami.
The wind whirled accepting the gift and the leaves danced around the piece of clothing to be dried. The air extracted the water from within the piece of clothing leaving it dry and puffy.

//D1 EM Ritual Cleansing Rite Theology Air Boon aimed Elemental Gift | TN: 1 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk