[Day 1 EM Open] Cleansing and Rites

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [Day 1 EM Open] Cleansing and Rites

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:15 pm

Koi found herself drifting at least from her position, comfortable and through steady breathing allowed her mind to begin the process that her family taught her to induces sleep.

She steadied her breath, allowed each muscle in her body to relax sitting under the canopy the Moth might appear to be in a deep meditation as she placed herself in a kneeling position.

She began to relax her body, a second time from to bottom allowing her mind to drift into the void and to dream...

For a while she remained still, her breathing shallow and unlaboured with a sharp in take of breath her eyes widening. Her mind racing from what she had just witnessed in alarm, and confusion.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:54 pm

He had not yet noticed Koi's distress and was focused more on the ritual than on anything else.

Alongside the ritual he offered an earnest prayer to the spirits in the area, requesting that they assist with the purification. Not that it was really necessary, but even the light hearted Lion seemed to take religion and ritual seriously.

Someone was impressed...

Agenda, Targeting Kaito Oubaihime, Courtesy [Void] | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image
+2 agenda points, +3 strife
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:48 pm

As they finished the ritual the piece of clothing fell into a satchel neatly folded. Oubaihime closed it to keep the garment pure and sanctified. She turned to the Lion and gave the man a bow. "Thank you Lion sama for your aid." Now that her task was done. She noted the Moth from the previous evening and the new people around the temple. Oh my seems the temple is an attraction in the early morning... I will trek carefully not to bother any one.

She moved to the Moth hopefully she is just sleeping and not in need of aid. "Kaikoga sama?"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:05 am

"Of course," he replied to Oubaihime. "It was an honor to assist you in this."

Following the Phoenix woman's attention, he similarly approached to see if the Moth needed any assistance. "Are you okay?" he asked backing up the Kaito's concern.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:53 am

The Moth blinked her eyes for a moment as the Lion and Phoenix she didnt notice earlier approached her. No matter, in all her years, has she ever woken from a dream with such heft and be completely fine - it was human nature to be confused when leaving Yume-do.

She fidgeted a moment before answering. "Yes. Hm? Oh, Kaito-sama and..." She noticed the Lion with beautiful eyes and her mouth stopped for a moment. A single hesitation as she desperately tried to restart her brain. A Lion, no a Kitsu...fuck...What do I say? She collected herself and bowed her head. "Gomen, I was meditating on something and drifted into Yume-do as it is something natural for my Clan to do unintentionally..."

She collected herself fully before bowing respectfully to the Kitsu. "This One is Kaikoga Koi, of the Moth Clan. I am honoured to meet you." Specifically, a Kitsu. We both walk a similar road.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:44 am

"Ah...sokara...yokatta." She gave a sigh of relief. She looked atbthe Kitsu and the to the Moth. "I present Kitsu Murato a traveler of the Lion clan." She gave a slight bow.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:41 am

"I am glad to meet you, and that you are okay Kaikoga-san," Murato says with a nod. He was used to non-Kitsu looking into his eyes, so he tended not to read too much into it.

He chuckled a bit at the explanation. "See, I've told my superiors that happens. They tell me I'm just taking naps and using meditation as an excuse," his smile was playful, but not aimed specifically at either of them.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:32 pm

Koi blinked, confused for a moment in her position before rising to stand with the two samurai. "Ah, yes I suppose that is something that happens." She said, sheepishly and brushed herself down a little. "I used that excuse by the sensi's only pressed me for questions, and tried to gain more insight at what I seen for you see we are studiers and Dreamweaver's Yume-do is where our Duty lies. It does not make for good excuse." She giggled warmly, and bowed her head. "Gomen, I made you worried. I apologies."

She felt a knot in her stomach, the dream still playing in her head. "I have heard great stories of your clan, Kitsu-sama and I have had the pleasure once in Kyuden Shiba to offer my divination skills to one of your clan after some terrible nightmares that plagued him under the suggestion of an Inn owned by my cousin when I was visiting. He was very kind, and over tea told me some of the tales of your clan."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:57 pm

Murato nodded and offered a smile. "Well, I'm certain he appreciated your assistance and thanked you properly, but I would thank you again for helping one of my family." He gave a bow at that.

"Although I am a bit different from most of my family. I cannot call on the ancestors like the most talented of us, but I was blessed with the ability to see those present, among other spirits," he explains. "So my stories are likely a little different than theirs."

He looks to Oubaihime, "I had just been assisting Kaito Oubaihime-san with a ritual cleansing, not that I was needed for such. She is a very capable woman."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Koi bowed her head taking the politeness from the Lion without further comment, and seemed to have calmed her slightly. "I see, all gifts we have are blessings and though they might be different they all serve a purpose towards achieving our duty Kitsu-sama." She said warmly. "I am only gifted with the ability to see the spirits of Yume-do, and those from it."

That's enough for me. She quirked a small smile internally at that.

"Regardless, any story filled with their own experiences and blessings matter regardless of what is believed by other's. I believe those blessed with a different path are simply begin guided along a different road designed for them by Natsu Togamaru, just to keep things interesting." She smiled warmly, and glanced to the Phoenix. "I see, I am glad that Kaito seems to have the situation at hand. Two Great Clan shugenjas surely have the situation in hand, I myself was opening myself to visions of Yume-do as I try to unravel the stories of Kyuden Shika while I am here."