(D0, MM) Prayers to The Ancestors (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Seppun Yuzu

(D0, MM) Prayers to The Ancestors (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:11 pm

After due diligence is met with his arrival earlier today, Yuzu makes his way toward the legendary tree which his grandmother always used to hum songs about. She had a shrine to the Fortune herself, to make sure she would marry well her son, the Emperor.

Sure that it went it all well with 2 heirs ready to make the Hantei legacy flourish, Yuzu kneels to provide prayers to his dear passed Empress, in hopes that the Fortunes would hear her humming songs in Yomi and bless the participants of the miai.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Aimi

Re: (D0, MM) Prayers to The Ancestors (Open)

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:51 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:11 pm
Sure that it went it all well with 2 heirs ready to make the Hantei legacy flourish, Yuzu kneels to provide prayers to his dear passed Empress, in hopes that the Fortunes would hear her humming songs in Yomi and bless the participants of the miai.
It's easy to overlook the wave-woman, kneeling in the shadow of the great tree as she is, and so perfectly still and silent. Only when the young lord finishes his prayers does he notice her, and even then it is the glint of sunlight from the shockingly beautiful amulet hanging from her hands that draws the eye.

The ronin, for she can be nothing else, is still caked in the dust of the road and clad in worn travelling garments. She must have come straight here after arriving, having not even visited the inn to set down her burdens yet. She says nothing, her lips moving soundlessly in private prayer, and gives no indication that she has even noticed anyone else has arrived.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:15 pm

Aimi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:51 pm
-snip-
"Ack!"

Yuzu rubs his face as the light reflected from the nearby amulet to Benten strikes his vision so brightly. He lifts up and squints eyes at the lady, trying to figure out who se was –– and what was she praying with those lips moving with no sound.
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:21 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:15 pm
Aimi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:51 pm
-snip-
"Ack!"

Yuzu rubs his face as the light reflected from the nearby amulet to Benten strikes his vision so brightly. He lifts up and squints eyes at the lady, trying to figure out who se was –– and what was she praying with those lips moving with no sound.
The young woman looks around at the sound, blinking rapidly as she stops her prayer... and then her eyes widen and she dips into a low bow, touching her forehead to the ground.

"This lowly one's humble apologies, Seppun-sama, I did not see you there," she says, her voice deferential and perhaps even a little nervous.

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Aimi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:21 pm
-snip-
He chuckles, shaking his head to say, "No need to apologize. I got distracted and interrupted prayers. My fault."

The tall boy adjusts his daisho calmly, and then provides a short bow, "Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. Please treat me well."
DescriptionTheme

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:39 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 pm
Aimi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:21 pm
-snip-
He chuckles, shaking his head to say, "No need to apologize. I got distracted and interrupted prayers. My fault."

The tall boy adjusts his daisho calmly, and then provides a short bow, "Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. Please treat me well."
"This humble ronin is named Aimi, Seppun-sama," the young woman (well, not so young in comparison to Yuzu, she supposes) says, cautiously straightening from her bow. "Governor of Chisei... oh! The district in the Imperial Capital? An honour to meet you, Lord Governor. A great responsibility, no doubt - you must surely be a remarkable sort to have earned the appointment."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:43 pm

He holds a snort, and then decides a sigh is just enough to hide his unhappiness in the given bureaucratic assignment with a mask of nonchalant observation.

"Indeed."
DescriptionTheme

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:49 pm

There is an awkward silence for a time, a hesitation... and then Aimi smiles ruefully.

"Ah, forgive my awkwardness Seppun-sama. Normally I should begin a meeting with friendly queries and an exchange of stories, but I am a humble ronin, and I have so few that would seem appropriate for the company of an honoured lord."

She glances aside for a moment, looking up at the blossoming tree that forms the shrine to Musubi, and nods thoughtfully. "Then again, perhaps our worlds are not so different. You are here to attend the miai, this one assumes? There are many samurai in such a position within the walls of Kyuden Shika, I expect, all hoping to secure a match that honours their families."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:57 pm

Hearing the dreadful word, he bows again, apologetically. "Soka... eto... I am here to the... miai. Hai! I apologize if that wasn't... eto... clear."
DescriptionTheme

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:11 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:57 pm
Hearing the dreadful word, he bows again, apologetically. "Soka... eto... I am here to the... miai. Hai! I apologize if that wasn't... eto... clear."
"Ah, such apologies are entirely unnecessary, Seppun-sama. If anything, I am too slow in thought to have not realised it immediately," Aimi says with a small smile, the first edges of her nervousness slowly smoothing away now that she is reasonably confident the imperial isn't about to order her throw out headfirst. "A handsome young man from a powerful family, praying before the shrine of Musubi-no-kami? Your purpose could scarcely be else. No doubt you will be very popular."

Her smile becomes a touch more reserved at this. "I, by contrast, shall simply admire your good fortune from afar. Perhaps in doing so I will witness why I am here."