D0EM, Devotions (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Shika Nesshin

D0EM, Devotions (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:47 pm

Having risen, Shika Nesshin makes his way to the temple. He is no priest--and aren't the folks happy about it!--but he is devoted, and any aid will be helpful. So he claps and bows when he arrives, and he takes up an attitude of prayer.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Seppun Unsei

Re: D0EM, Devotions (Open)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:58 pm

Being a gremlin of no set gender either, Unsei was pleasantly surprised and also not surprised that Musubi wasworshipped here. It wasn't one of the Fortunes they generally cared about, but Unsei was still going to say hello.

That was until they saw someone else offering up prayers. They stood there, watching the man until he was finished so he could then proceed the bug the hell out of him.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:22 pm

It won't be long; Nesshin is decidedly not a priest.

He is someine who recognizes the Seppun mon, though, so he bows deeply when he sees it.

"Shika Nesshin," he says by way of greeting. "May I assist you?"
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:27 pm

Unsei bowed in return, a pleasant On on their face.

"Seppun Unsei. I don't need any help though. I'm just here to meet people!" There was an unspoken 'and be annoying' at the end of that, but the Seppun seemed good enough natured that the annoying wasn't maliciously done.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:51 am

Nesshin smiles.

"Then you're at least halfway to meeting your objective!" he replies cheerily. "And I'm happy to've helped you with it!"

His hands stray to his obi, thumbs hooking over the blue-and-gold belt.

D11+, has a second fan.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:57 am

"You definitely have helped, Shika-san!" They stood there for a moment as a cricket chirped somewhere in the back of their mind. "I don't know how to keep the conversation going from there since that seemed like a good ending. Guess the best way to keep it up is to ask a question so... What's your favorite color?"

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:05 am

"I'd hate to make so quick an end to a pleasant thing," Nesshin replies, cocking his head slightly. "But, to answer, as you might guess, I'm partial to blue and gold, though I'm far from disdaining the black and white of the Clan.

"And I might pose the same question to one willing to answer."

D11+, has a second fan.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:13 am

"Hard to really pick a color out myself. I'm partial to things that remind me of the stars though, but every color can be found way up there if you look hard enough." They said peacefully.

"Blue and gold though? They are rather nice colors and I think I've heard a unicorn talk of a bird with similar colors. Feathers of blue and gold, though with a mighty beak. Can't imagine ever seeing one around here like that though."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:52 am

"Oh, there are all manner of birds and beasts here," Nesshin replies. "And many of the birds are brightly colored, indeed. Though some will shed their plumage in strange ways, sometimes with only little coaxing."

He takes a deep breath. "But I gather the miai has another attendee?"

D11+, has a second fan.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:11 am

"Unfortunately. I would have rather the Otomo matchmakers, but they kept saying that they didn't have the time to try and match someone who is so throughly cursed, so they sent me here to get rid of the headache." They answered with only a hint of scorn in their voice.