(D0, EE) Pray Away Your Worries

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D0, EE) Pray Away Your Worries

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:44 pm

"Definitely different tactics. And it is rare that any Lion commander stakes a battle on a duel. If an issue wasn't settled by a duel before an army is mustered then a Lion won't change their mind on the day of battle. And it's easier to avoid bushi in an army fighting for glory with good discipline."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:13 pm

Akihiro shrugs. "We were never really taught to go for commanders on a battlefield, but a Kakita duelist who spends all day cutting down ashigaru is wasting his time."

He smiles tightly to the Kitsu, "but I think that discussing battle tactics in a place of nominal neutrality might give the wrong impression. Instead, how about we discuss our marriage prospects. Are any of you looking to find someone?"
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:58 pm

The Kitsu nodded.

"We are - and yourself?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 pm

"I'd say I'm looking for friends. The matchmakers will look for something more than that for me," Murato replies with a smile.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:13 am

"I have been asked to join the miai. Well...a request I could not refuse." Akihiro's tight smile doesn't go away as he had hoped it would. "Friendship is a noble goal among the clans as they are. I wish you luck Kitsu-san."

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:27 am

"Well, friendship between clans is certainly lofty, but between individuals is a bit more attainable," he says with a smile.

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:44 pm

"Attainable is a good word to use, I salute you for it." Akihiro returned to his normal expression with a conscious effort to relax. "Perhaps by the end of the miai we could be good friends. Though saying that makes me feel some dread. None of the stories about Crane and Lion friendships end with both sides living happy dutiful lives."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:12 pm

"That is because they're the stories. Nobody wants to read about the relationships that are simpl, honest, respectful and professional. The torrid and tragic pique curiosity and imagination," the bureaucrat offers. "I've seen plenty of signs of interclan friendships in the far more reliable official paper trails."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:19 pm

Akihiro raised an eyebrow and left it there. Whether the Kitsu was dunking on the Crane or not was not Akihiro's immediate concern. "It was great to meet each of you. Kitsu-san, Kitsu-san, Kitsu-san."

A bow for each of them.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:16 pm

Murato returned the bow. "An honor to meet you Kakita-san."