(D0, EE) Pray Away Your Worries

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D0, EE) Pray Away Your Worries

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:57 pm

"I mean, that's more Moshu's specialty probably," Murato replies, looking to the obituarian. "I deal more with administration. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork..."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:05 am

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:52 pm
After his prayers finished the Kakita decided at last to walk to the Kitsu group. His expression is guarded and schooled to avoid showing anything that could be taken poorly. Or really taken in any way. Akihiro does not often consider his expressions without anguish these days.

He strode over with what he hoped was confident steps and not threatening. The mask made everything so much worse these days. "Well met Lion-san. You are all of the Kitsu family correct? Recordkeepers of the joyless turns of summer that mark our dreary existence until at last we turn to the peace of the pyre."
Tsugumasa was put a bit on his backfoot with the....gravitas with which the Crane delivered his introduction. Still, it would not do to retreat from a Crane simply because he was....very very heavy.

"I suppose that is one way to put it." he admits with a bow "I am Kitsu Tsugumasa, my duties as of current are with assisting with the Ikoma histories. Checking to see if there are any names that have not been properly honored. Sometimes in the chaos of conflict a person's individual deeds get misplaced for one reason or another and then......well....it's not good."
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:12 am

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:52 pm
After his prayers finished the Kakita decided at last to walk to the Kitsu group. His expression is guarded and schooled to avoid showing anything that could be taken poorly. Or really taken in any way. Akihiro does not often consider his expressions without anguish these days.

He strode over with what he hoped was confident steps and not threatening. The mask made everything so much worse these days. "Well met Lion-san. You are all of the Kitsu family correct? Recordkeepers of the joyless turns of summer that mark our dreary existence until at last we turn to the peace of the pyre."
Well that was... an introduction. Meeting the Kakita eye to eye, he gave the green bearing Crane a nod.

"Well met, Crane-san. Though if it helps, I find the summer less dreary if I remember to fish rather than ponder on tomorrow's dinner. You seem - how do I put this... like something has deeply troubled you." At this, he revealed his missing fingers, taking a guess as to the purpose of the mask.

"Would I be correct?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:03 am

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:05 am
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:12 am

Well that was... an introduction. Meeting the Kakita eye to eye, he gave the green bearing Crane a nod.

"Well met, Crane-san. Though if it helps, I find the summer less dreary if I remember to fish rather than ponder on tomorrow's dinner. You seem - how do I put this... like something has deeply troubled you." At this, he revealed his missing fingers, taking a guess as to the purpose of the mask.

"Would I be correct?"
Tsugumasa was put a bit on his backfoot with the....gravitas with which the Crane delivered his introduction. Still, it would not do to retreat from a Crane simply because he was....very very heavy.

"I suppose that is one way to put it." he admits with a bow "I am Kitsu Tsugumasa, my duties as of current are with assisting with the Ikoma histories. Checking to see if there are any names that have not been properly honored. Sometimes in the chaos of conflict a person's individual deeds get misplaced for one reason or another and then......well....it's not good."
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:57 pm
"I mean, that's more Moshu's specialty probably," Murato replies, looking to the obituarian. "I deal more with administration. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork..."
Akihiro bowed to each of them in turn as they spoke. "I am Kakita Akihiro, duelist of the Kakita. Well met each of you."

The flexing of the Kitsu's missing digits makes him flinch but he moves forward in what he thinks is heroic fashion. Each of them were Kitsu but slightly different flavors. Remembering them would be easy enough in a place like Kyuden Shika.

"The honored dead dislike being forgotten as much as any of the living who are forgotten I imagine. Though I gather the dead have more time to wait..." he replied to Tsugumasa. The obituarian takes a bit longer to reply to.

"You don't trouble me, Kitsu-san. How about we agree that we aren't close enough to say more than that?" Akihiro shot a glare at him but made an effort to chill out. It wasn't proper for him to be so morose.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:10 am

As the Crane speaks, the Lion listens. The Crane sounds like he has recently lost, at least in Moshu's opinion - or like himself in his early work, he strayed too close to death and death stared back.

Moshu finds it interesting that his attempt at solidarity is met with a glare, but relaxes at the Crane's words. Perhaps they simply misunderstood each other, or perhaps the Lion was too forward.

He bows in return to the Crane as he replies to him.

"I am glad to know I do not trouble you, Kakita-san, as that was not my intent. I believe this agreement can be a good foundation for an amiable acquaintance - if such a thing would please you."
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:04 am

"Well, the dead do and don't have more time. Depends on if they go to judgement right away, linger in this world, or find themselves sent to Yomi rather than reborn on Ningen-do. Those that end up in Yomi... more time than we can likely comprehend," he says with a nod.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:38 pm

Akihiro adjusts the edge of his outer kimono to fit better after bowing. It always moved the wrong way. He considers the feel of the silk under his hands while thinking about Murato said. It was true enough that there was a timeline for those who joined Meido on their way to the Wheel. It had not immediately occurred to him that one could go somewhere other than Yomi. How foolish.

"Tch." He clicked his tongue and turned a little sideways. "In my experience those who serve with selfless service are rewarded with longer lives than those who seek glory for its own sake. The candle burning at both ends and all."

Really Akihiro was buying time to think of a way to avoid being an utter shit to the other Kitsu. "And agreeable acquaintance is as much as one can hope for in a first meeting. Too shoot for the sun and land among the trees is no failing of the archer. Failing to become fast friends is much the same, the effort is rewarded with cordial feelings all the same."

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:52 pm

"I would think it would be the other way around on the battlefield at least. Those that serve selflessly would be more likely to sacrifice than those that serve the self, no?" he asks. "But it's those that serve selflessly that are also more likely to find Yomi than return to Ningen-do too... I would guess. But guessing blindly is probably the closest I could get to understanding the judgements of Emma-O."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:51 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:38 pm
Really Akihiro was buying time to think of a way to avoid being an utter shit to the other Kitsu. "And agreeable acquaintance is as much as one can hope for in a first meeting. Too shoot for the sun and land among the trees is no failing of the archer. Failing to become fast friends is much the same, the effort is rewarded with cordial feelings all the same."
The Kitsu nodded, satisfied with the answer he was given. He stepped back, letting Murato and Akihiro hold the floor.
PM if thread desired

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:52 pm
"I would think it would be the other way around on the battlefield at least. Those that serve selflessly would be more likely to sacrifice than those that serve the self, no?" he asks. "But it's those that serve selflessly that are also more likely to find Yomi than return to Ningen-do too... I would guess. But guessing blindly is probably the closest I could get to understanding the judgements of Emma-O."
"My experience being what it is, those who seek to serve themselves throw all worry of their own lives to the wind to seek a kill. But our families have very...different perspectives on battlefield tactics." Akihiro fake coughs into his elbow sleeve. "The Kakita have a tendency to seek a single shii duel over massing waves of ashigaru."

He presses a finger to skin part of his face. The Kakita were effective for all that they were also gloryhounds. "Those who serve selflessly defend their lord from harm, and occasionally will be forced to jump into a dangerous situation. But they do not act recklessly in the pursuit of glory. My family retainers who survive into their 40's are of this sort."