(D0, EE) Pray Away Your Worries

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D0, EE) Pray Away Your Worries

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:56 pm

"I see no harm in helping one another overcome shortcomings with the strength of family and friends," he replied with a nod.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:10 pm

Tsugumasa nods a bit hesitantly at that.

"That seems...wise. I haven't heard anything about what the Deer are planning, but I'd assume that there'd be some sort of deep dive into our lineage, right? Not that you can help someone with their lineage, but maybe we should take some time to be ready to answer any questions about our lineage, no matter how obscure?" he suggests, not entirely sure it was a good suggestion. It's not like any real Lion should be concerned about putting their ancestors in the best light possible.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:24 pm

"Well... I forwarded the paperwork for my lineage so that it would arrive before I did. It tracks my mother's line back to the last Kitsu," when he says that it's clear he means the legendary creatures, "and my father's line back to Otomo himself. If they ask me anything about it then it's a test of recall for me honestly. Which is difficult with two lines that reach that far back. If there was any issue with my lines they would have rejected or notified me already I imagine."

Recognizing Tsugumasa as a shugenja, "I do not know if you can speak with the ancestors yet from your training, but I can always try to see if any are visiting nearby to speak with them," he offers. "My gift is a bit different from the Sodan Senzo's specialty but it can be helpful in that regard."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:59 pm

Tsugumasa considered the point.

"Well, no my training hasn't progressed quite that far yet. I've seen my sensei do such, but always for very serious matters of course. No calling forth the ancestors to make idle chit-chat, they're meant for grander purposes." he says. "I'd be interested in seeing your talents put into action...but perhaps not today The kami seem.....agitated? That's not quite the right word. Just that's there's a lot of new people and emotions and energies coming into the area today, and I'm not sure the results would be entirely predictable.... no slight upon your skill, of course."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:02 pm

"Not at all. For me, it's more seeking out what is near, but from time to time, I catch an ancestor looking in on their descendants. Sometimes they'll come to me as well because I think the sense goes both ways maybe? Or maybe they just all keep a list of people that can see them," he says with a smirk. "I can't call on them specifically like your sensei though."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:08 pm

A Kakita in green and blue stripes made sure to drop by the temple before the sun completely set. Prayer for success, whatever that meant, would be necessary in the days that followed. He nodded in the direction of the Kitsu crowd but needed to offer his supplications to the Fortune first before anything else.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:25 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:08 pm
A Kakita in green and blue stripes made sure to drop by the temple before the sun completely set. Prayer for success, whatever that meant, would be necessary in the days that followed. He nodded in the direction of the Kitsu crowd but needed to offer his supplications to the Fortune first before anything else.
As the Kakita passed, Moshu returned the nod with one of his own. Seeing as the man seemed busy, he pressed no further and returned his focus to the crowd.

"As for my lineage, it's recorded well enough. A copy is in my possession, although on your advice I will study it tonight. I have no gift for spirits, sadly, so I'll be in your hands if there is a group ceremony or somesuch."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:41 pm

"I'd suggest creating something simple. A poem or a small artistic piece. They make for good offerings," Murato suggests.

He also gives the Crane a nod of invitation.

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:52 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:41 pm
"I'd suggest creating something simple. A poem or a small artistic piece. They make for good offerings," Murato suggests.

He also gives the Crane a nod of invitation.
Tsugumasa had no objection to the Crane joining the Kitsu Korner. They weren't a secret cabal of Scorpions after all. He also acknowledge the Crane's presence.

"Indeed. As long as it is something meaningful to you and to your ancestors, it should be readily accepted." he agreed, backing up Murato's words with his own. "Even a nice set of calligraphy offering your sincere words of appreciation and thanks would do well."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:52 pm

After his prayers finished the Kakita decided at last to walk to the Kitsu group. His expression is guarded and schooled to avoid showing anything that could be taken poorly. Or really taken in any way. Akihiro does not often consider his expressions without anguish these days.

He strode over with what he hoped was confident steps and not threatening. The mask made everything so much worse these days. "Well met Lion-san. You are all of the Kitsu family correct? Recordkeepers of the joyless turns of summer that mark our dreary existence until at last we turn to the peace of the pyre."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent