(D0, EE) Pray Away Your Worries

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsu Tsugumasa

(D0, EE) Pray Away Your Worries

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:19 am

As Lady Sun left the sky to Lord Moon, the shadows about the shrine deepened. A young Lion shugenja took little note of the change in lighting as he continued his prayers that he had been recited throughout the day. The monks had made sure that he was alright, but did not dare interfere with his piety.

Reaching the end of a particular prayer, he sighed and looked up towards the darkening sky visible beyond the limbs of the courtyard's cheery tree. What did the Heavens intend for him here? Would he please his ancestors by his actions? Would he bring honor and glory to his name?
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: (D0, EE) Pray Away Your Worries

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:29 am

Emerging from the transition between day and night, the Mourner arrived at the temple at around the end of the Lion's display of faith. He would not disturb the fellow Lion - or anyone, for that matter - during their moments of faith.

It was faith in the Kami, after all, which gave Rokugan purpose, and faith in the fortunes that we may find a place in it. As the fellow Kitsu's prayers ended and he seemed to rest, Moshu made his presence known and bowed to his clansmen.

"Kitsu-san. I hope your prayers are received well."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:01 pm

And yet another Kitsu arrived at the temple, as though fate had conspired to make this happen.

Murato bowed his head in greeting, but didn't interrupt before moving to offer his own prayers.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:25 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:01 pm
And yet another Kitsu arrived at the temple, as though fate had conspired to make this happen.

Murato bowed his head in greeting, but didn't interrupt before moving to offer his own prayers.
The appearance of another Kitsu, let alone a classmate, took Moshu by surprise.

"My, three Kitsu all here at once? This must be a sign. If you'll excuse me, I'll be here once we have all conducted our prayers."

With a quick bow, once the way was clear, Moshu headed inside.

- - -
When inside, the Kitsu's prayers were short, but standard.

One for the Lion as a whole,

One for the three Kitsu gathered here,

And one for their success in this Miai.

After placing his offering to one of the sides so others could pray, he returns to the gathering of the Lion.
- - -

Upon returning, he offered bows to both Murato and Tsugumasu once they had conducted their prayers.
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:31 pm

Having finished his own prayers, Murato moved to join his family members.

"Cousins," he said, apparently not surprised by their presence. "I saw your travel paperwork back home, but I didn't expect we'd all meet like this so soon. I'm glad to see you again Moshu-san."

He introduces himself to the other with a bow. "I am Murato."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:15 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:29 am
Emerging from the transition between day and night, the Mourner arrived at the temple at around the end of the Lion's display of faith. He would not disturb the fellow Lion - or anyone, for that matter - during their moments of faith.

It was faith in the Kami, after all, which gave Rokugan purpose, and faith in the fortunes that we may find a place in it. As the fellow Kitsu's prayers ended and he seemed to rest, Moshu made his presence known and bowed to his clansmen.

"Kitsu-san. I hope your prayers are received well."
"May it be just as you say, Kitsu-san. If our ancestors....." he starts, but then cuts himself off with the sudden thought that such words could be taken the very wrong way.

Instead he bowed at the introduction of his fellow Kitsu.

"This one is known as Tsugumasa. May our shared ancestors be pleased with this fortuitous meeting." he offers.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:34 pm

Looking to the side, he notices the lingering spirit of Kitsu Taiko, ever the present hoverer. "Well, at least one is observing," he replies. "Whether or not he is pleased he has not revealed to me yet. It is an honor to meet you Tsugumasa-san."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Kitsu notices Tsugumasa's hesitation to mention their ancestors - in Moshu's mind, he is right to.

They are always watching, after all.

With a bow, the Mourner introduces himself.

"This one is Kitsu Moshu. It is an honour to meet you both - Tsugumasa-san for the first time, and Murato-san since before our gempuku."
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:36 pm

There is a small twitch at the mention of 'gempukku' in Tsugumasa's eye.

"Ah, well, it is fortuitous that your ancestors have blessed the pair of you to cross paths again. Surely they will guide the matchmakers in blessing you both with unions that will allow your paths to remain close to one another in the future as well." he offered.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:58 pm

An... odd reaction to the word 'gempuku'.

One he would understand for himself, fingers considered.

What happened to Tsumugasa, he wondered?

That said, leaning upon one's ancestors too much was not the sort of path Moshu lead.

He turned to both Kitsu, using an open, broad gesture to put forward his proposal.

"Perhaps we should impress our ancestors by working together in this venture of the Shika? Not cheating, but perhaps if one of us knows more about a task than the other they may advise upon how to best conduct themselves. Does that make sense?"
PM if thread desired