[D13, LN] No Rest 3 (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Asahina Soyokaze

[D13, LN] No Rest 3 (Open)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:06 pm

"Not much longer now" Soyokaze was starting to feel the hours creep up on him, where energy and anxiety kept him awake before now it was determination, so he continued to clean and pray as he awaited the arrival of his future.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Seppun Yuzu

Re: [D13, LN] No Rest 3 (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:28 pm

The young lord was restless this night. The things he saw while moon gazing where transforming him from the inside. He makes his path to the temple of musubi for a final prayer of thanks before Onnotangu would set and Lady Sun bless another day.

As he rises and provides a loud clap of gratitude after the prayer, he hears the screeching sound of cloths cleaning the wooden floor from someone dedicated to what seemed to be an oosouji.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:04 pm

The sound of the clap startled Soyokaze, he was tired and he had let his mind wander. Worrying that perhaps someone had slipped on the polished floor he raced over to the sound of the noise. Finding only the Seppun completing a prayer he was relieved and troubled all at once.

"Oh, forgive me Seppun-sama, I heard a noise and thought perhaps someone had fallen." He bowed respectfully to the young lord, a task made difficult by the soreness in his back. "Sorry to disturb you" He waited to be excused.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:14 pm

The Imperial turns to the Crane and provides a bow, "No need for forgiveness, Asahina-san. I was the one disturbing the kami."

After an awkward moment of silence, he asks, "I hope Inari-kami has been kind. Has Asahina-san been well as of lately?"
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:38 pm

"It has been some time since I received the blessing of rice but I hope Inari-no-kami has been kind to you. I, like other, find myself unable to rest this evening so I have spent the night here seeking peace and showing my devotion. Does -sama's sleep trouble him or is he an early riser?"
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:05 pm

Yuzu nods, and crosses his arms as he fetches an item stored within. Then, he presents a wrapped bundle wit a single onigiri inside. "Please, have it. It is the last onigiri I fetched from the Inn. I wouldn't want to throw it away. It is potentially the best one since Kaito-san got the red bean paste this morning, and I got the ume-flavored one after my training."

He mentions it not out of spite, but with the confidence that the matter has been resolved between them.
DescriptionTheme

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:26 pm

Bowing as he spoke he said. "You generosity is appreciated Seppun-sama but I would not want to deprive you of your favorite flavor, I can find something back at the Inn I am sure."
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:32 pm

"Nonsense. I doubt this would be my favorite flavor. I am very, very picky. Not that it wouldn't be delicious. Also, after I wake up, I only eat after Lady Sun rises. Asahina-san hasn't even slept. Some good Inari-kami blessings would do good. Please." He offers again, even if this is not a gift.
DescriptionTheme

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Soyokaze was caught in an awkward spot but not for the reasons one might think, it as a matter of timing. "I thank you for this Seppun-sama and will gladly accept but I hope you will indulge this one for a moment, I have something to give to you and I wish not to sully it with dirty hands." Quickly he reached into his sleeve and pulled out soft white gloves. He donned them as rapidly as he could and the reached into his kimono. He pulled out a small blue bag and reaching in to it he then pulled out another bag, this one imperial green and set the green bag down on top of the blue one so that it never touched the floor. He then removed his gloves and took the offered meal. "Thank you for your patience Seppun-sama."
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:02 pm

Yuzu raises an eyebrow at the dexterity and unknown reason of the display. Amused, and glad that the onigiri wasn't wasted, he takes the cloth back and folds it to return into this kimono sleeve. His eyes keep locked at the bags, though. "Asahina-san is welcomed. I am honored he accepted the snack."

As soon as he bites, Yuzu comments, "Hopefully it is not poison."
DescriptionTheme