[D13, LN] No Rest 3 (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D13, LN] No Rest 3 (Open)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:03 pm

The tanto is polished to a mirror shine, the edge showing no signs of any damage and every inch of it had been cleaned and it was expertly balanced. The only thing revealing that it had ever been damaged was the thin line of gold running along where the break happened. The tanto was now a piece of Kintsugi artwork.

"The art form of Kintsugi is that of recreating something broken and making it stronger. This is usually done with gold on pottery but gold is far too soft a metal for the blade to remain usable and Seppun-sama's duty to the Blessed Emperor demands that his blades be ever ready. So I have repaired it normally, you will find that the gold is merely a light layer over the steel and if the lord wishes I can remove it in an instant." he removed a very small steel hammer from his sleeve indicating his readiness to do what he said. "But Kintsugi is about making things stronger and I believe the lord will find that the blade is just so."

The Crane bowed awaiting the Seppun's judgement.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Tanto loses the Damaged quality, gains the Resplendent and Durable qualities]

Repairing the blade
D13 "fixing" something | TN: 1 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image

Sharpening and polishing the blade
Doing Kintsugi | TN: 1 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 4
Image Image Image Image
[Opportunity used to grant the Resplendent keyword

Blessing of Steel Ritual used to grant it the Durable keyword
Blessing of Steel on something (Fire) | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:57 pm

Yuzu provides a bow to the blade and then retrieves it from the Crane. He raises it up to the Lord Moon, as its glint is reflected, Yet, at the same time, Lady Sun starts to clear the sky at the other side. After a quick series of kata strikes, he mentions, "It is better than before. The reflections it casts are to be marveled at."

The young Seppun sheathes the small blade back to its saya and provides a bow to the tree. Finally another one to the blacksmith, "Asahina-san has forged himself into a samurai which I admire. I have great expectations of him in the future and would like to extend a favor to him, if he ever seeks the Governor's influence to aid him personally."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:18 pm

Soyokaze returned the bow. "I am honored to have been able to work on the blade Seppun-sama, thank you. I wish you nothing but great success in the future, may the Heavens bless your marriage and may your steps lead to Enlightenment."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:31 am

"I hope and pray for the same to happen with Asahina-san, as well as the other participants." He looks to the tall tree and nods, "The future ahead requires a great deal of care and attention to the Minor Clans from the Imperial Families, as well as a keen eye on the diplomatic relationship with the Crane."

--
Showing emotional restraining while reinforcing the bright future of the Minor Clans and the Imperial Families. Blessed lineage | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image Image
+3 Side Goal
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:11 pm

"I understand you have brought Kaikoga Koi-san into your retinue, a wise choice I think she will serve you well. Have you considered taking on a Suzume as a chronicler? If ever there was a minor clan undeserving of their low standing it must be them, few others i think could live under such circumstances while protecting and never touching the Emperor's most pristine lands."
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:13 pm

"I once had a Suzume sensei. He became a monk and then passed to Yomi. The Sparrow have a very special place in my upbringing." The young Imperial says. What he omits, though, is that he slept throughout most of the classes, as the Suzume sensei couldn't stop talking.
DescriptionTheme