[D13, EN] No Rest 1 (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D13, EN] No Rest 1 (Open)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:44 am

"A burden shared is a burden lessened. May here have helped shoulder mine, I would offer you my back to aid you with yours."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:02 am

"They aren't the burden." he explained. "It's the impression their loss has left. Nearly one a year, for the past seven. The whispers and rumors were expected."
Dragon Clan πŸ‰ Investigator πŸ‰ Courtier πŸ‰ Bushi πŸ‰ Gamer πŸ‰ Curious πŸ‰ Softhearted πŸ‰ Observant πŸ‰ Wise πŸ‰ Doom Whispered
Honor: 54 | Glory: 51 | Status: 30

Carries: Ceremonial Clothes, Wakizashi, Knife, Yo-Yo, Journal

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:36 am

Soyokaze words came from a place of personal understanding. "The labels others give us truly are a burden. Whispers can cut like knives but we cannot allow them the kill us. I have been told I am a failure since birth, but that is what makes this place and this moment so great. When we leave hear we will begin anew, some of us will take new names and new colors and all of us will have someone to stand beside and they will stand beside us. Someone to see that the whispers are false and can help spread the truth or make us forget they exist all together. Rumors die easier than they kill."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:03 am

"There is also the other problem." he sighed. "I've consulted with the Togashi and the Agasha. I've even spoken to the Dragonfly and the Brotherhood. None could find a spiritual malady. They verified that I am not cursed. Reason and logic support this. I feel certain that the number of losses I've experienced is vastly unfortunate, but nothing more. Coincidental."

"I don't want anymore coincidences."
Dragon Clan πŸ‰ Investigator πŸ‰ Courtier πŸ‰ Bushi πŸ‰ Gamer πŸ‰ Curious πŸ‰ Softhearted πŸ‰ Observant πŸ‰ Wise πŸ‰ Doom Whispered

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:34 am

"That sounds like good news to me, while it may not feel like it right now the knowledge that it is not a curse or some malady that you bring upon people means that it will end, a coincidence cannot continue forever. I would again point to tomorrow as the start of something new, a chance to leave the the sorrow and whispers behind while still keeping those lost in your heart. A good match I think will go a long way towards that and I will pray that the fortunes bless you with that you can find happiness with."
Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:19 pm

"My wish is that they can find happiness with me." he nodded. "I hope you are matched harmoniously as well, Asahina-sama."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:11 pm

His words became pensive. "I hope that as well, for you, but I have little hope that I will be matched with the one I seek. My performances in the Shika's tests has been very poor and I have not made things easy for myself outside of those events. But thirteen days isn't a lot of time to get to know someone and we may not even be matched with someone here, so what seems like a curse tomorrow could grow to be a blessing."
Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:27 am

"It would be nice, if those of us who found 'the one' could each have that hope fulfilled." he smiled wistfully. "There are a couple of women I've grown fond of, but I can't say either is the match I long for. They have the qualities that appeal to me, but I don't think I'm looking for an individual. There isn't an ideal I hope to see fulfilled. I just want someone I can walk beside. Someone I can encourage and support when she needs it. Someone who can inspire me when I feel lost. Someone I can spend a lifetime learning about, but remain the mystery I can't solve. As charmed as I am by some of the women here, I don't think any of them are what I might be looking for. Not yet."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:42 am

"You may be in a better place than I am then. For all the glory I am feeling being in love there is also a lot of fears there. Will we be together? Will I live up to who she thinks I can be? The uncertainty that love has brought me is the greatest burden I have ever carried and I don't say that lightly. It sounds like your mind is open to many possibilities and that is certainly for the better."
Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:05 am

"If I may make a suggestion, I think those are the wrong questions." he said. "The first question should be, 'Who will I be with?' Even if you are matched with the one you hope for, that is still an important question. Whatever you may have learned about anyone hear, there is certain to be more to discover about them, and more to share about yourself."

"That understanding leads to the other question, 'How can I become who she thinks I can be?' That is likely going to be much harder to answer and will take a long time." he said. "But, it is something you will answer together."

"Regardless of what happens tomorrow, Asahina-sama, appreciate what you gain. Don't let it slip away, even if it isn't the future you hoped for."