[D13 ME] Calm

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsu Murato

[D13 ME] Calm

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:19 pm

Trying once more for a little while to practice his kumihimo with a larger design, he eventually becomes annoyed with it and sets it aside.

Taking some time he tries to focus on the quiet.

D13, ME, Making rope, clumsiness | TN: 3 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image
Failed, 1 VP gained

D13 ME, Meditation | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image
Passion, -3 strife
Total 1 strife
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D13 ME] Calm

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:35 am

He had been searching for the Kitsu for the better part of an hour but in the end he wasn't surprised that he found him in the temple. With his attendant in tow behind him he climbed the steps he stopped at the entrance and waiting, hoping to catch the Kitsu's eye but not interrupting him. Carried delicately in both his hands was the unmistakable shape of a katana inside a golden silk bag.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:39 am

Murato eventually opened his eyes and nodded to the Crane. Moving to approach him, he bowed, "Good evening Soyokaze-san."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:40 am

The two Crane bowed in unison. "Good evening Murato-san, I wonder if I could have some of your time?"
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:45 am

"Of course," he replied with a nod.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:59 am

The crane gestured them off to the side and once in what served as a private place in temple knelt down, his assistant stepped forward and placed a daisho stand in front of him. Once the Lion had taken his place Soyokaze untied the silk bag and with a flourish withdrew the sword from it and handed the bag to his assistant who then bowed and left them, entering the temple to pay her own respects. The saya was resplendent, a collision of blue and gold paint twisting and dancing around each other before blending into a field of green dotted with winter jasmine flowers. He held it while he spoke, not yet setting it down.

"For too long have our two clans brought strife to one another and we have, at points, continued that unfortunate tradition. At points in this miai I have hated you, hoped for your ill fortune, dishonored you and tried to bait you into violence. I am embarrassed beyond words, my actions have brought disgrace on myself my family and my clan. I ask your forgiveness for all I have done to you. Despite all that, I see no reason to walk away from this event as enemies, for all our differences we have one very big thing in common and if you are chosen over me I will bear no ill will you in my heart, for I know that the heavens will have chosen you for good reason."
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:16 am

"No apology is necessary. It is a tense festival and these are trying times. People will disagree and argue, there will be no changing that, and it's even more likely between our particular clans. I've wanted to clobber you with your own hammer at times as well, but I am not one to raise violence against another. Stand and know that I don't hold a grudge over you having fallen in love with the same woman that I fell in love with."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:56 am

Soyokaze rose as bidden, brining the sword and daisho stand with him. He took a step the the side and turned placing the stand on a nearby railing. "I thank you and to show those thanks and as a gesture of peace between us I have crafted something for you."

Despite his lack of swordsmanship the Asahina knew the how to wield his art and with a flash he drew he blade from it's saya and set both in their positions on the stand. The blade was spotless and shined brilliant under the moon light, it's edge looked like it could cut the open the sky. The saya showed a cranes and lions bowing to each other and the handle was made of Princess Wood and wrapped in orange.

"The art of Kintsugi is the art of taking something broken and making it better than it had been, usually with the addition of gold to put it back together. I would use this to try and reforge our relationship. The katana is a sacred thing, it is tool that we have turned into both art and a way of life. I would never disparage all that a katana by shattering it and making it weaker, this is not that, instead this is a purpose built piece of art made to resemble a katana. It may look sharp but I assure you that it isn't this is one blade that cannot bring violence. It is something I have wanted to craft since I first began my apprenticeship, it has been a dream of mine for a long time. I considered keeping it, I considered giving it to Lord Shika in thanks for his hospitality but I want you to have it, I can think of no one better."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A gift for someone important | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image

polishing/refining a gift for someone important | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
[1 Opportunity to grant the Resplendent keyword, 1 Opportunity to cancel strife]
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:02 am

"That is very kind of you, but I cannot accept. As you say, the lord of the Shika would be far more worthy than I. Besides, there is something far more precious, beautiful and radiant between us than anything we might be able to offer one another."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:15 am

"You are right, I can not offer that to you though I have tried in the past it is not my place. This i offer freely, the Lord Shika already has an example of Kintsugi I created and I am honored that it graces his great hall. It is my hope that you will find a place in your home where this can live."
Description