[Day 12, Early Evening] Full Circle (Expecting)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 12, Early Evening] Full Circle (Expecting)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:34 pm

Raizo grinned.

"Not at all, I'm just on good terms with Kitsu-san. And the subject of how people were doing at the miai came up..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 pm

"Oh. Ah. Gotcha." They paused. "What about you?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:40 pm

"Aimi-ch... Aimi-san."

He sighed.

"So, it seems we're both very bad at the actual goal of a miai, and haven't played the field terribly well."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:09 pm

"Truth be told we've been playing the game just as much as everyone else has. Just without a second person since most people around here have two or three people they're courting. Some are doing it for love. Some are doing it just to learn about the people here so they can at least know the person before they're forced to make babies with them."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:14 pm

"Yeah, but that's what I mean, I think that's the part we're bad at. I can say I... tried. I can also say it really didn't work."
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:21 pm

"Is it really something to be bad at thought? We're always taught to be loyal to our clan or family so is it so odd that we would be loyal to only one person at a miai?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:22 pm

"Since our loyalty in everything else is dictated to us by others? I wonder."
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:25 pm

"That does bring up a good point. Would we have courted them so much and so far if we weren't told in loose terms to find someone to court?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:29 pm

"I don't know that I would have... courted at all. I'm really not very good at it."
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:36 pm

"Much the same. Truthfully, it wasn't exactly me that started this thing that Moshumaru-san and I have going on. I read his fortune which all pointed at having more confidence and things os that matter. So... he invited me for some lunch and things went from there. I think being told we had to court, or at least get our eyes on someone, helped many of us though."