[Day 12, Early Evening] Full Circle (Expecting)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 12, Early Evening] Full Circle (Expecting)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:31 am

"I lost a stick fight to a bureaucrat. So."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:48 am

"I'd trade you, really. Too late for that though."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:42 am

"Hey, we Phoenix are known to like a little immolation, you know..."

Raizo smiled, and then exhaled.

"But I hope that's the last time you go through it..."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:29 pm

"Cept it was a Lion." They deadpanned. "But I get what you mean. It's definitely something not fun. Hope you don't get beat up by nerds again though."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:29 pm

"Oh, I expect to get beaten up a great deal in the days ahead."

For once, Unsei wasn't the diviner in their conversation...
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:50 pm

"...Why? What are you doing?" They asked, a bit worried about their friend now.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:06 pm

"I'm a bushi, Unsei-sama. Getting beaten up is part of the job. And I might be serving as yojimbo, which only increases the amount of abuse you absorb on others' behalf..."
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:05 pm

They frowned at that. "Yeah... you guys are always getting in harm's way..." They didn't even want to think about their potential future yojimbo.

"Assuming you're going to be the yojimbo for Aimi-san?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:19 pm

"Actually, no. Until she weds, she has no standing and therefore no real ability to request a yojimbo. Kaikoga Koi is my probable charge. Have you met?"
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 pm

"Don't need to request it really. I've got myself a future yojimbo and that's only because she told me that she was going to be my yojimbo and that was that. Granted, she's also still got about 5 years until her gempukku, but she seemed quite forward with wanting to guard me later on in life. I assumed you did the same for Aimi-san, but it appears not."

And they completely and utterly ignored who he was guarding. Better for their blood pressure.