(D12 EA) Contemplating 3

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsu Murato

(D12 EA) Contemplating 3

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:44 pm

Murato is still doing his work in the temple, but is smiling to himself now. The ropes are giving him a rough time.

----
D12 EA, Design [Fire], Rope tying for decorating temple, Clumsy | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image
Fail, 1 VP gained
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Suzume Senseki

Re: (D12 EA) Contemplating 3

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:35 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:44 pm
Murato is still doing his work in the temple, but is smiling to himself now. The ropes are giving him a rough time.

----
D12 EA, Design [Fire], Rope tying for decorating temple, Clumsy | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image
Fail, 1 VP gained
The Sparrow Murato will remember from the Inn (and maybe from other times) comes walking slowly towards the central tree, his face its usual calm - whether as a mask or as the truth was uncertain.

Seeing the Lion, he bows low. "Kitsu-sama."

It seems as if he were about to add something, but he struggles a bit with it and keeps it unsaid for now.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:45 am

"Suzume-san." He looks at the Sparrow and offers a bow. "Can I help you with something?" It seems a legitimate offer and not just a pleasantry, as though he were making this place his duty.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:06 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:45 am
"Suzume-san." He looks at the Sparrow and offers a bow. "Can I help you with something?" It seems a legitimate offer and not just a pleasantry, as though he were making this place his duty.
The Suzume shakes his head apologetically, bowing again. "Oh! No... in fact, I was going to ask if I could help you with something, Kitsu-sama." His holds a calm, contained smile. "It's a peaceful place, isn't it?", he asks, looking at the surroundings.

After a moment, he turns towards the Lion again.

"Ah... Congratulations on this morning's duel, Kitsu-sama. It was a good performance... despite how it ended for Shiba-san, ne?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:16 am

His mood dimmed somewhat at that. "I was caught up in the moment. I didn't pay enough attention and Shiba-san was obstinate, which I am not surprised by. I... was not pleased with how things turned out. A victory is a victory, but to do so at such painful expense of another for the purposes of determining who is fit to marry who?"

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:52 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:16 am
His mood dimmed somewhat at that. "I was caught up in the moment. I didn't pay enough attention and Shiba-san was obstinate, which I am not surprised by. I... was not pleased with how things turned out. A victory is a victory, but to do so at such painful expense of another for the purposes of determining who is fit to marry who?"
"Well... duels to first strike with bokken do not usually have to be that... intense", he says, thoughtfully. "But it showed your and Shiba-san's dedication, and in the end he was unharmed, ne?"

He shakes his head slightly. "Although... I understand your feelings. Duels... well, they have a certain form of violence in them, even if hidden behind a beautiful art."

He then goes on to tell a story... about how two friends who were enthusiastic about kenjutsu and especially iaijutsu and often pitched themselves one against the other, always doing their best, always testing themselves against their limit... until, one day, in a particularly tense practice duel, one of them hit the other on the head and dropped him unconscious.

The winner's victory, and his love of Iaijutsu, lost much of its meaning in that moment, as he feared he might have injured his friend for life. The moment seemed to last an eternity... and then the man on the ground opened his eyes, smiled, and said "That was a good one, my friend."

The moral is... ambiguous. But it seems to have at least a somewhat calming effect...

OOC:
D12 EA - Agenda vs Murato (Session 4). Performance/ Earth TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 3 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image
2Opportunity symbol cancel 2Strife symbol;
1Opportunity symbol used to calm Murato, removing 2 strife from him.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 pm

Listening to the story, he nods at it's conclusion. "It's a bit difficulty. I've never been called upon to raise my blade against a threat that wasn't spiritual in nature. I would follow my lords command and do such without question. But I am not a bushi by training. I have seen and heard how the Akodo train and there's a certain severity to it that I think creates a mindset where violence against fellow bushi is conditioned. I practice martial arts, but never received that kind of conditioning," he admits.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:36 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 pm
Listening to the story, he nods at it's conclusion. "It's a bit difficulty. I've never been called upon to raise my blade against a threat that wasn't spiritual in nature. I would follow my lords command and do such without question. But I am not a bushi by training. I have seen and heard how the Akodo train and there's a certain severity to it that I think creates a mindset where violence against fellow bushi is conditioned. I practice martial arts, but never received that kind of conditioning," he admits.
He nods. "Well... I have received that kind of training as well, but also a deep respect for life and people's path along with it. I think you're right that most Bushi end up with that conditioning... but whether that is a good thing, I'm not sure."

OOC:
Sorry for the delay, wasn't feeling too well during the last few days and ended up dropping the ball!

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:50 pm

"It certainly helps them in the completion of their duties I imagine," he says with a shrug.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:02 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:50 pm
"It certainly helps them in the completion of their duties I imagine," he says with a shrug.
"Un... that may be true." He looks up, uncertain, and falls deep in thought for some time.

"I do sometimes wonder if it doesn't make one look for violence even where none is needed, though. What do you think, Kitsu-sama?"