(D12 EA) Contemplating 3

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D12 EA) Contemplating 3

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:13 am

"I think that being drawn to violence is a natural thing for us as mortals. And that we fight that nature, some more successfully than others. Even though I am not a fan of violence there is still an emotionally exciting reaction we feel in that state."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:19 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:13 am
"I think that being drawn to violence is a natural thing for us as mortals. And that we fight that nature, some more successfully than others. Even though I am not a fan of violence there is still an emotionally exciting reaction we feel in that state."
"Hm..."

Another long silence before he answers.

"Perhaps you're right. And if that is so... I should admire Yoshie-sensei even more than I already did. She always took great care to make sure we understood the price of violence, the fleetingness of life, and the value of respect."

His face is still turned up to the sky as he speaks.

"Is that the reason we're thought to restrain our emotions, I wonder. Or... could we perhaps restrain some emotions, but let other, purer ones free?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:35 pm

"Emotions are restrained because we are obsessed with control. They represent a lack of it," he says shaking his head. "I would feel without restraint all the time if not for expectations. I can fortunately get away with some of it due to leniency towards those trained by the Ikoma."

He smiled. "But I wish everyone could look at each other and smile freely."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen