(D11, LE) Thankful Fortunes (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D11, LE) Thankful Fortunes (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:30 pm

“Eto. This was the first one. I am not as old or experienced as my tittle suggests.” He comment, thinking over the fact he could have confronted the Topaz Champion.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:05 pm

"Well, the Shika are planning more duels for tomorrow, but I think they mean training duels. Or more exactly, I hope they mean training duels and they don't have the crazy idea of having us demonstrate our skills with actual blades. Half the candidates would lose a body part if they did so.

In all cases, shouldn't be duels with honor on the line.

Though I do wonder, when you're in active duty as a governor, do you have to take care of all such challenges yourself, or do you have a yojimbo for that? A case could be made that you must be too busy to deal with every minor insult yourself."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:36 pm

“I expect they provide us with bokken, and bogu for those against the unskilled.” He mentions and rubs his chin at the question, “As for honor issues. I can simply forego and disregard any challenge below my status. Any offense I receive and need to be resolved, well, I can always write a letter to one’s lord explaining the situation and allow their own families to solve the issue. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case here. I had to make a point clear, despite the potential displeasure of many conducting, perhaps, similar inappropriate actions. I don’t mind being hated. Honor, after all, is what matters.”
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:57 pm

"At this point, and even if the matter is now settled, I must confess I'm curious about what the other side might have done to push you in such corner."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:05 pm

"Asahina-san suggested me to hit him, instead of accepting the punishment he requested of me initially, as he had acknowledge his breach of etiquette." He says, not showing emotions, as he crosses his arms.
DescriptionTheme

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:16 pm

"...

I didn't understand a single word of what you've said. There was an Asahina... who asked that you punch him?"

Somehow, Mitsuki doubted the Seppun was talking about a kink thing here.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:25 pm

He blinks, and then shakes his head negatively, "Chigau, chigau."

He shrugs and adds, "I was insulted, twice, by the same person. At the first insult, this person recognized their error and ask me to suggest punishment to them so they wouldn't repeat that offense. Then, this same person, after hearing the penalty I offered, tried to bargain with me, suggesting to get hit, instead. That was even more offensive."

After a moment, he crosses arms and asks, "Is this clear now?"
DescriptionTheme

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:33 pm

"...

Let's say I get the general idea.

Though now I wonder that we offered as an alternative for the person rather be canned than to face it. A public apology maybe? Most samurai would rather suffer in the dark than admit their faults in front of an audience."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:40 pm

He nods, "I agree it wasn't an easy punishment. Neither it was cruel. It was just proper. One-sided. A display of restraint."
DescriptionTheme

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Mitsuki was starting to wonder if the Seppun was being mysterious on purpose or if the dialect of Otosan Uchi was just more different from the common tongue that she thought and there were just having communication issues.

"Was it the first time you've met that... uncouth Asahina? The Imperial Estates are very close to the Crane lands after all."