(D11, LE) Thankful Fortunes (Open)

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Seppun Yuzu

(D11, LE) Thankful Fortunes (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:04 pm

The young Seppun returns to the tree where he prayed the other night to pay his respects. After all, the results today were somewhat favorable. He hope a proper course of mindset through gets reinforced until the end of the miai.

He offers a folded piece of thick paper to the tree Fortune, both asking for further forgiveness and being thankful for the results. He sticks it into the board, and then kneels, trying to meditate, in thanks.
Roots across ages
Winds caress as petals falls
These sour fruits turn sweet
It doesn't take long, and his head starts to hurt. He calms himself down, something within himself does not, however. The young boy looks up to the dark skies –– where Lord Moon would be –– but he's not to be seen, due the clouds.

Yuzu feels Onnotangu's presence regardless, and that fuels his soul.

--
Meditation to find his humble place asking forgiveness to the Fortunes. Anxiety kicks in. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
1Opportunity symbol Feel a chill down your spine, notice a sudden silence, or detect another sign of the supernatural if there is a spiritual disturbance in the scene.
-2 Strife from successful meditation

Anxiety
+1 VP
+3 Strife
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Moto Mitsuki

Re: (D11, LE) Thankful Fortunes (Open)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:59 pm

The day had been rich in events Mitsuki hadn't be able to fully grasp. The night had now fallen, and she had nothing to lose by asking the stars to answer some of them.

She opted for the ritual of the wanderer. Simply walk, and at each crossroad, take the available direction watched by the most auspicious star. Today was definitely a snake day for her, so she started full north, then her direction progressively shifted when no pure north path showed itself.

After several hesitations and detours, her trip ended up just in front of Musubi's temple. Likely one of the answers she was looking for. But to which question?

So late, she thought she was alone but for the watch monk, but she eventually noticed the silhouette of the Seppun. Coincidence or yet another piece of the puzzle?

She bowed silently, unsure how he'll react to her raising her voice and maybe breaking his meditation.

---

Passion: Fortune-Telling, -3 strife
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:04 pm

The keen senses of the Miharu strike an alarm in the young Seppun's head and he instantly turns to check the new arrival. After all, his meditation attempt wasn't all that joyful.

Yet, he doesn't turn violently. Actually, he looks deadly serene. Noticing there's no danger, the young boy bows once again to the Moto, greeting, "Moto-san good evening. I hope Inari-kami has been kind. Please, treat me well."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:44 am

"Good evening Seppun-sama. I hope I'm not interrupting anything?"
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:11 pm

"Oh. Not at all, Moto-san. I was just offering some word of gratitude to Musubi-kami. I have not been entirely pious as I should. I guess now, I found my way." He provides a nod, and asks, "How has Moto-san been doing –– also looking for insights here?"
DescriptionTheme

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:36 pm

"Looking, certainly. Very uncertain about if I will find all the answers here, or only a few pieces of the puzzle. These two weeks have been a long series of unusual events, none of which I'm certain about how they should be interpreted.

But from your words and your mood, should I guess the negotiations with the matchmakers are done with on your side, and you're pleased with the result? Congratulations if so."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:40 pm

“Oh!” He looks to the tree and back at the lady. “Far from resolved. I came here to thank the Fortunes for the duel’s result earlier today. I came here last night for inspiration. Heavens granted me righteousness.”
DescriptionTheme

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:41 pm

"Oh. I heard some rumor about a duel taking place today, but I didn't know you were involved. You don't seem to even have a single scratch on you, you must have defeated your opponent so swiftly they couldn't even unsheathe their blade. That's... to be expected of a Seppun."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:05 pm

“Hai!” He bows in thanks. “The offender apologized and Heavens judgement was passed. Victory was at my side, fortunately, without the need to draw steel.”
DescriptionTheme

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:18 pm

"As a Seppun, you must have had to defend your honor or the honor of your charge more times than most. Out of curiosity, how many iai challenges have you faced so far? Especially as I would say that for most other participants in the miai, that number is zero."